Mate, I would posted this screenshot on the official SI forum and asked them to explain :

Why your team had 17 Scoring Chances = 9 Clear Cut Chances + 8 Half Chances but scored only 4 goals

Why AI team had only 2 Scoring Chances = 2 Half Chances but scored 2 goals

it would be very interesting to see what the guys from SI said about it… ^^)

Their response will be as it always is, "It happens in real life as well."

You were right guys! I analyzed them and saw some stuff that I needed to correct and what a difference now!

View attachment 1110079

I love how in this game you can have the best GK but the cpu GK will always out perform him! :( I should have scored 10 goals on PSG easy.

Here is another evidence mate
I however managed to score 5 but in 12-13 ccc
View attachment 99381

Guys, here’s some info that should help you better analyze the post match stats and get more clearer picture about how the match went.

I often see that people post screenshots with match stats and usually it shows only “Clear Cut Chances(a.k.a. 100% Chances)” but “Half Chances” are absent in the match stats and I’d say guys that is very wrong because if you look only at “Clear Cut Chances” and ignore “Half Chances” then you get very inaccurate picture about the match in FM and if you read below then you understand why.

The game separates all scoring chances into “Clear Cut Chances” and “Half Chances” but the algorithm that is responsible for the separation is very primitive and very often it makes wrong/dubious decisions.

If you look at this the screenshot below you see that Griezmann takes a shot from the position under the red arrow and the game counts it as “Clear Cut Chance” but in reality in the best only about 5% of shots turned into goals from such position because the angle is too tight and it’s extremely hard to score for such tight angle. To say honestly I wouldn’t even call it “A Scoring Chance” but the game marks it as “Clear Cut Chance”

sc1.png

Other example. At the screenshot below you see that Koke take a shot from the position under the red arrow and the game counts it as “Half Chance” but this chance is about 100 time better than the chance from the previous example but still the game counts as only “Half Chance” and the chance from the previous example as “Clear Cut Chance”

sc2.png

So you see that how misleading it could be when you look only at “Clear Cut Chances” and ignore “Half Chances” so in order to get a correct picture about the match it requires looking at both “Clear Cut Chances” and “Half Chances” and only then you can see how many "Scoring Chances" your team had and how many "Scoring Chances" your opposition had.

Last edited:
They're both so-so imo. In absence of better/more detailed stats, there is nothing that beats going into the shot analysis, clicking on the dots and going through the shots with a modicum of common sense -- unfortunately, at 30+ shots a match, that can be a bit of a pain in the ***, though. :D

This is how it works in football, where every shot is assessed.

Hopefully the game will have similar one day. https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/feb/24/football-numbers-game-gary-neville

We are not complaining about our scoring tff,we are complaining about how clinical ai is???

Guys, here’s some info that should help you better analyze the post match stats and get more clearer picture about how the match went.

I often see that people post screenshots with match stats and usually it shows only “Clear Cut Chances(a.k.a. 100% Chances)” but “Half Chances” are absent in the match stats and I’d say guys that is very wrong because if you look only at “Clear Cut Chances” and ignore “Half Chances” then you get very inaccurate picture about the match in FM and if you read below then you understand why.

The game separates all scoring chances into “Clear Cut Chances” and “Half Chances” but the algorithm that is responsible for the separation is very primitive and very often it makes wrong/dubious decisions.

If you look at this the screenshot below you see that Griezmann takes a shot from the position under the red arrow and the game counts it as “Clear Cut Chance” but in reality in the best only about 5% of shots turned into goals from such position because the angle is too tight and it’s extremely hard to score for such tight angle. To say honestly I wouldn’t even call it “A Scoring Chance” but the game marks it as “Clear Cut Chance”

sc1.png

Other example. At the screenshot below you see that Koke take a shot from the position under the red arrow and the game counts it as “Half Chance” but this chance is about 100 time better than the chance from the previous example but still the game counts as only “Half Chance” and the chance from the previous example as “Clear Cut Chance”

sc2.png

So you see that how misleading it could be when you look only at “Clear Cut Chances” and ignore “Half Chances” so in order to get a correct picture about the match it requires look at both “Clear Cut Chances” and “Half Chances” and only then you can see how many "Scoring Chances" your team had and how many "Scoring Chances" your opposition had.

U can see what they scored 2 goals from??

Last edited:
We are not complaining about our scoring tff,we are complaining about how clinical ai is???

Because this tactics similar to most downloads is more aggressive than any AI ever is. I am not saying it is bad. I am saying it is aggressive. That's what makes it work. Even the best tactics are compromise. Do you understand that it is easier to find space on a break when all your guys are pushed up than it is when a team has all its players behind the ball, right? If this were different, this wouldn't be very much football. That's all there is to it. Your team will lose the ball a lot of times during a match, and even if it isn't a direct counter attack, they will all have to get back into their defensive position again. Well, AI sometimes keeps up to 5, 6 players always in that defensive position (and switches that throughout a match).

How your shot conversion overall compares to AI can be seen in the team reports of each team. It's easier to have top values here if your team are considered an underdog to beatby most, as then AI is indeed quite aggressive as they expect nothing but a win (rather than parking that **** bus and trying to grind out a draw or lucky win). Speaking of which, there is a tactics called Park The Bus, but it doesn't park the bus at all. :D As long as you're performing it shouldn't really bother you, and you clearly do. But that's it. :)

0neBNjK.jpg

Last edited:
Because this tactics similar to most downloads is more aggressive than any AI ever is. I am not saying it is bad. I am saying it is aggressive. That's what makes it work. Do you understand that it is easier to find space on a break when all your guys are pushed up than it is when a team has all its players behind the ball, right? If this were different, this wouldn't be very much football. https://youtu.be/I4rX1XHuQgI?t=1m1s That's all there is to it. Your team will lose the ball a lot of times during a match, and even if it isn't a direct counter attack, they will all have to get back into their defensive position again. Well, AI sometimes keeps up to 5, 6 players always in that defensive position (and switches that throughout a match).

How your shot conversion overall compares to AI can be seen in the team reports of each team. It's easier to have top values here if your team are considered an underdog to beatby most, as then AI is indeed quite aggressive as they expect nothing but a win (rather than parking that **** bus and trying to grind out a draw or lucky win).

0neBNjK.jpg
I still love the game though and amzing work from people like tff,knap,zyndar etc theh work hard to make us enjoy so all cool thanx to them

sc1.png

sc2.png

So you see that how misleading it could be when you look only at “Clear Cut Chances” and ignore “Half Chances” so in order to get a correct picture about the match it requires looking at both “Clear Cut Chances” and “Half Chances” and only then you can see how many "Scoring Chances" your team had and how many "Scoring Chances" your opposition had.

thanks for that information, tff

I improved with Balanced, but not yet convinced, didn't won any major trophy with Everton in 3 years...

Awesome tactic, i brought Birmingham to the premiership now. But,how do we cope with away games?
Do we change training to def positioning against the big boys?

Awesome tactic, i brought Birmingham to the premiership now. But,how do we cope with away games?
Do we change training to def positioning against the big boys?
Shouldnt really need to change training tbh mate. Just keep doing what your doing that's got you this far. And keep swapping between the 3 as is needed.