Alfie Docker - The Story of an Unknown Manager

2015/16 Pre Season

Pre-Season
View attachment 287174
There's a look back at where we finished last season.

Season Expectations

View attachment 287173
The board want us to survive comfortably in a mid-table position. I think that there is definitely a strong possibility of this happening, as I'm very happy with the squad! The FA Cup objective is to reach the Fourth Round which could be difficult depending on who we get in the Third Round, and the Capital One Cup objective is quite low.

Season Preview

View attachment 287172
We have been tipped to finish 17th this season. I would take it, but I'm definitely aiming much higher!

Transfers IN

View attachment 287171
Callum Robinson has returned for another season on loan! Delighted by this, as he really impressed me last season. You already know about Darnell Fisher and Sébastien Faure. Miguel Pallardó was released by Hearts and I snapped him up as he looks like a great player to rotate with Keane and Welsh at CDM. Andreas Pereira will add some flare to our CAM position and will also provide competition for Ben Pringle (who has been trained to play at CAM). Simon Church will give the team further cover up front as I wasn't sure whether Bobby Zamora would be up to this level of football any more. With Johnstone returning to Utd, Mark Bunn comes in to be our first choice keeper and Armand Traoré will rotate with David Buchanan at Left Back.

Transfers OUT

View attachment 287170
Chris Humphrey simply doesn't fit into the tactic (which you will see later in the post) so to get £350K for him was a good deal. Stuckman, Wiseman, Holmes and Hugill simply weren't good enough. Reid left for the same reason Humphrey did.

Squad

View attachment 287167
Looking at it, I think it ranks as a mid table Championship squad. What did you all think of the transfer deals I made? Any suggestions on other players to bring in or ship out? Please let me know!

Tactic

View attachment 287164
This is how we will be lining up (most of the time) this season. The wing backs provide the width with most of our attacking going through the Trequartista.

View attachment 287162View attachment 287160

There are the instructions for the tactic.

Friendly Matches

View attachment 287159
A decent pre season. Not much more can be said. The team suits the tactic too!

----

View attachment 287157
The first match of the season will be at home to Sunderland, who were relegated. It will be a tough start, but we are up for the challenge! Stay tuned!​

August 2015

News:

View attachment 287059
We have been allowed to start our Continental C Licence course. Great news!

Results:

View attachment 287058
We have 3 points out of a possible 15. It's not the best start by any stretch of the imagination. However, it's not all doom and gloom. I think we had an extremely tough start to the season, with two of the relegated teams and three top half Championship sides. We are into the 3rd round of the Capital One Cup though, which I am excited about! We will be playing Norwich City away from home.

League Table:

View attachment 287057
Despite our poor start we aren't in the relegation zone. It's still early days and I'm confident we can turn it around!

Injury News:

View attachment 287056
Callum Robinson will miss most of September after straining his back in the match against Leicester. I think I will be giving Simon Church a chance in the first team during the next month, as he did score a good goal against Bournemouth.

September Fixtures:

View attachment 287053
I'm looking for around 7 points from these matches. I think we can beat Millwall but the other games will be tough! I'm praying that we can beat Norwich!​

September 2015

News:

View attachment 287043
Some interesting jobs are available right now. Even if I applied to either Spanish team, I'm certain I wouldn't even get an interview. Birmingham are rock bottom of the championship this season!

Results:

View attachment 287042
A good month to be honest. Some good wins there! We also managed to beat Norwich thanks to Ebanks-Blake netting a hat-trick! We will be playing Liverpool at Anfield in the next round.. surely that's the end of our cup journey?

League Table:

View attachment 287038
I'm slightly more content now, but I still want to push up towards 10th place.

Player of the Month

Josh Brownhill

View attachment 287037
Josh has been improving rapidly recently. He grabbed a few assists this month and had an average rating of above 7.00 for the last 5 games. He has a good value at the moment too, but I wouldn't want to sell him for anything less than £5 million.

Story Update

I'm going to be playing all the way up to January now, so the next post will involved all of October, November and December!​

Really enjoying this, good luck for the rest of the season!

really enjoyed reading this today! subscribed ready for more posts! keep up the good work!

October - December

View attachment 286995
We've started to pick things up quite nicely! Some poor results here and there but overall I'm pleased with how we are doing. If anything we are losing points against more winable games!

League Table

View attachment 286994
We're actually not too far off the play off places now! The Championship is extremely tight, as per usual!

Bad News

View attachment 286993
Gutted for the young lad! He was playing great, and I'm just praying that this doesn't damage his excellent development.

Shocking Email

View attachment 286992
Wolves have offered me a job interview! They obviously see something in me as a manager.

View attachment 286990
They've been having a poor season in the Championship this term. They're only in 19th place!

View attachment 286989
I'm quite surprised though, they have a pretty strong squad with players such as Bakary Sako, Dedryck Boyata and Wes Hoolahan!

Decision

I'm going to leave it up to you guys! With Preston we are doing really well, but Wolves may have more money. They already seem to have some better players, and perhaps my good relationship with some of the Preston players might interest them in joining me at Molineux. It's up to you guys!​

I would stick with preston for the time being, Your a better club than Wolves don't jump ship at the first opportunity more/better jobs will come your way.

I think you made the right decision staying, hopefully you can push and reach the play-offs!

I think you made the right decision staying, hopefully you can push and reach the play-offs!

That's the aim! Although I think if we somehow got promoted, we'd be totally screwed in the Premier League ;)

Rest of December

View attachment 286940
Three superb wins! Especially against Sunderland, who although aren't doing well, are a quality team!

These three results (and the other results from December) were enough for...

View attachment 286941View attachment 286939
So we definitely had a good month!

League Table

View attachment 286937
Can you believe that we are joint 6th place with Charlton?! What a fantastic turnaround! I never expected this! We can't get complacent though, things can change VERY fast in this league. A few losses and we might find ourselves back to lower mid table mediocrity.

End of Year Awards

Golden Ball

View attachment 286934
Team of the Year

View attachment 286933
Golden Boy

View attachment 286931
FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

View attachment 286930
Despite our great form, I can't see us winning at St James' Park.. but hey, who knows!​