Alfie Docker - The Story of an Unknown Manager

Are you David Moyes in disguise ? Preston to Everton XD. Good choice to stay with Preston until the end of the season, Knew you would get a better job than Wolves.

Haha! I hadn't thought of that! Good spot ;) thanks for that advice! I'm glad I didn't leave for wolves!

Jesus! Wigan finishing 8th first season back in the premier league and spurs winning the league! Crazy!

Pre Season

Board Expectations

View attachment 286225
We need to finish in the top 5! I think that's a possibility to be fair!

Transfer In

View attachment 286224
Quite happy with our dealings! The squad was left quite thin when I joined as some players weren't good enough to renew their contracts! Rulli will probably replace Howard as he is much younger and already very good! Schar, Hernandez and Garcia are all first team players, with the rest being rotation.

Transfer Out

View attachment 286223
Quite a few released there, most noticeably Darron Gibson and Steven Naismith. Neither were cut out for my team anymore. The biggest out though, is John Stones to Manchester United for £29 million. He wanted to leave to challenge for titles, and he didn't believe me when I said we could be challenging in a few years... but we got a lot of money for him, which we invested in the rest of the squad. Barkley wanted to sign for Spurs, but I convinced him to stay.

Pre Season Friendly Results

View attachment 286222
A very good pre season! Lots of wins, and we won the Goodison Cup!

Squad

View attachment 286221
Here's the squad. We'll be rolling a 4-4-2 this season. With 'little and large' (Hernandez and Lukaku) up front.​

Nice signings mate, will be interesting to see how Hernandez and Lukaku perform together

This is another save I've just read today and the progress is insane, well done man! Any tips on overcoming the first few months of a save as I always find myself either bored or angry haha

This is another save I've just read today and the progress is insane, well done man! Any tips on overcoming the first few months of a save as I always find myself either bored or angry haha

thanks for the kind words man! Appreciate it! To be honest man I find that you have to bite your lip a bit:/ actually playing a few friendlies helps cos your team gets used to your actual managing style unlike when your assistant uses your tactics.. Also go full out training on team cohesion and defending helps :) hope that helps you man! Like I said at the start of the story I dont think I'm particularly good at the game but I've played it for a while :) good luck!

Thanks for the help, I'll definitely keep following your story and maybe ****** a few of the players you have for my Mainz save ;)

August - The Start of the Season

Transfers In

View attachment 286001
Omeruo will provide good cover/rotation across the back four. McAlinden is a regen who looks rather tasty! And we all know about Patrick Roberts! Excited to use him properly for the first time in this FM!

Transfers Out

View attachment 286000
No noticeable outs.. only these two youngsters out on loan for 5 months.

English Transfer Window Round-up

View attachment 285999
Gareth Bale is back in the Premier League.. very scared of facing City now!

Results

View attachment 285998

We've enjoyed a good unbeaten start to the season! Hernández grabbed a goal on his debut for Everton, and Mirallas has started the season on fire! Very pleased with the result at Old Trafford! We were on par, if not slightly better than them, and on another day, would have taken away all three points. Oh by the way, Malky Mackay is the United manager now... wow.

League Table

View attachment 285997
We're sat in seventh place after our good start, but obviously it's still early days and anything can happen!

Player of the Month

Kevin Mirallas

View attachment 285995
Kevin has started the season on top form for me. 3 goals for him so far (2 in the BPL, 1 in the Capital One Cup). Not to mention a stellar performance against Manchester United, who were snooping around for him in July. His form graph shows just why he deserves Player of the Month for August.

View attachment 285993

September

Results

View attachment 285981
We experienced our first loss of the season live on Sky Sports at the Emirates.. but other than that a decent month. We're through to the fourth round of the Capital One Cup, and I'd love to go all the way now!

League Table

View attachment 285980
We've dropped down to 9th, but that's mainly due to the fact that we are so early on in the season, and the table is very tight. I want to push on from here and improve our league position!

Player of the Month

Leighton Baines

View attachment 285979
He grabbed a goal against Stoke (albeit from the penalty spot) but has been our main threat down the left hand side. He's got a few assists too! His form shows his performances.

View attachment 285978

October

Results

View attachment 285961
Unbeaten throughout October, we also march through to the Capital One Cup Quarter Final! Lukaku has final hit some form too!

League Table

View attachment 285960
We're back up to fifth now! Actually, we're joint fourth, which I'm extremely pleased with! If we can keep our form up I think we can get top four, and be in the Champions League next season! But we need to keep our feet on the ground.

Capital One Cup Quarter Final Draw

View attachment 285959
A tough draw here, but at least it will be played at Goodison Park!

Other News

View attachment 285958
Preston aren't doing too well at all. One point away from the relegation zone at the moment, Neil Redfearn hasn't done too well since taking over! They should have got Callum Robinson back for another season!

Player of the Month

Romelu Lukaku

View attachment 285957
Lukaku has hit some vital form! He had a very slow start to the season, and the international break in September left him too jaded to start properly until now.

View attachment 285955
He's now grabbed himself 5 goals in 8 starts, so I'm really hoping that he can kick on and fire us into the Champions League places!​

November

Results

View attachment 285940
Only three games this month, but a super win against Chelsea! We also played well against City but Aguero won himself a penalty which he easily dispatched.

League Table

View attachment 285939
Down to sixth, but if can stay around this position come the end of the season then I think that I will have done a good job!

Player News

View attachment 285938
James McCarthy wants to leave the club and sign for Manchester United. As much as I think he is a good player, I'm not too fussed about letting him go, as I could get around £20 million for him, and replace him with someone just as good, if not better, for a much cheaper price. Utd have expressed interest in a number of my players since I've been manager, including Stones (who they did sign), Mirallas, Coleman and Barkley!

Club News

View attachment 285936
I asked the board to set up a link with a feeder club and I chose Portsmouth, who have climbed back to League 1.

Player of the Monthel

Kalechi Iheanacho

View attachment 285935
The youngster on loan from Manchester City scored 2 in 3 this month, and has been in good form whilst Hernández has been out injured. If he keeps it up, I might have to enquire to Manchester City regarding a permanent deal, as I can't see him ever breaking into their front line.

Thanks pal! I'm surprised with some of the performances, especially from Iheanacho! Never used him before, but hes pretty good!

I have signed him before, it was about 5 seasons into a save, I may still have the screenshot somewhere, he becomes a beast, try and sign him on a permanent if you can.