Al's 4-2-3-1: Possession, goals and clean sheets

Have you won any games by a greater margin than the one goal, and with none conceded against the bigger teams with this tactic?

Have you won any games by a greater margin than the one goal, and with none conceded against the bigger teams with this tactic?

Have a look in the screenies in the op. Against United conceded 0. Chelsea in a game, conceded 0. And plenty of clean sheets throughout.

i play with anderlecht , in the belgian league its a great tactic , but in CL it's quite difficult
won 1-0 at home and drew 0-0 at rangers while i have the better team .
the amc here seems to under perform , but defensive-wise this tactic is a rock !
btw : why 2 wingers and not 1 adv fwd + 1 winger ?
i tried to make a good 4231 , but yours beats mine ;)
i think because of the nike defence settings
kutgw , i'll keep ya up 2 date ;)

i play with anderlecht , in the belgian league its a great tactic , but in CL it's quite difficult
won 1-0 at home and drew 0-0 at rangers while i have the better team .
the amc here seems to under perform , but defensive-wise this tactic is a rock !
btw : why 2 wingers and not 1 adv fwd + 1 winger ?
i tried to make a good 4231 , but yours beats mine ;)
i think because of the nike defence settings
kutgw , i'll keep ya up 2 date ;)

Thanks for the feedback mate, for me the AMC is working quite well - But that's because it is Stevn Gerrard! I'm going to set him under team instructions as a playmaker and then put everything through him and see what thay does.

I agree with Europe as well, even in the Europa League - The tactic seemed to cope a lot better in EPL than the UEFA EL. Thanks for the feedback mate, I'll keep tweaking.

i want to tweak with you :p
any suggestions i can try ?
btw my first team is : Courtois / Lecjaks , Cahais , Galeano , Gaston Diaz / Gonalons , Rits /
Boussoufa , De Bruyne , Legear / Lukaku

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 AM ----------

also : who takes ya fk's and corners ?

My results so far, not bad but also not the greatest, quite a few narrow wins. I shall keep using the tactic and keep you posted, but the main positive is that it has lots of possession like you said :)

My results so far, not bad but also not the greatest, quite a few narrow wins. I shall keep using the tactic and keep you posted, but the main positive is that it has lots of possession like you said :)

I completely agree with that, yeah the main positive is sacks of possession but I'd like to make the wins more convincing. Any suggestions? ;)

anyone tried this with a smaller team? im tempted to give it a bash with newcastle or birmingham

anyone tried this with a smaller team? im tempted to give it a bash with newcastle or birmingham

Give it a try mate. I'd be delighted for some feedback with a smaller club.

will do. do you think andy carroll or lukaku will be up to the job of lone striker or will i need someone quicker?

will do. do you think andy carroll or lukaku will be up to the job of lone striker or will i need someone quicker?

The role is set as advanced forward. I think Andy Carroll woulld do fine mate.

I try'd this tactic with real madrid, and i think it's a very good tactic, in the offensive part ronaldo makes alot of runs on the wing and so do di maria, but in the defensive part i think it not solid enough, i dont know if its my defenders that are to slow, or what the problem can be.
But in the end, its a really good tactic! Keep up the good work!

Im using this tactic in the second season with the Spurs. It is going quite well, but the results are inconsistent + the defense is not what I want it to be. My opponents seem to score all their goals from crosses (no matter if they cross low to the first post or high to the center). What could I do to not let my opponent give the opportunity to make crosses?

I try'd this tactic with real madrid, and i think it's a very good tactic, in the offensive part ronaldo makes alot of runs on the wing and so do di maria, but in the defensive part i think it not solid enough, i dont know if its my defenders that are to slow, or what the problem can be.
But in the end, its a really good tactic! Keep up the good work!

Thanks mate, all part of the tweaking process! Defence is something I'm looking into.

Im using this tactic in the second season with the Spurs. It is going quite well, but the results are inconsistent + the defense is not what I want it to be. My opponents seem to score all their goals from crosses (no matter if they cross low to the first post or high to the center). What could I do to not let my opponent give the opportunity to make crosses?

If you get your full backs to 'close down' in 'own half' then that should reduce the amount of crosses coming into the box.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Oh and to update - I just won the league in my first season as Pool.

Okay, here's all of my results so far using your tactic. As you can see, we have become complacent against rubbish teams, like Reading, which was embarrassing. Any ideas on how to stop this?

Okay, here's all of my results so far using your tactic. As you can see, we have become complacent against rubbish teams, like Reading, which was embarrassing. Any ideas on how to stop this?

Jesus Christ 4-0 against United?! :O

And I know the feeling, I lost 4 league games this season - Twice to West Brom and lost to them in the FA Cup as well, despite them finishing 18th. It's something I am seeking advice on but it may be a case of putting in the ''I expect a win'' in the team talks. As soon as I hear anything though I'll let you know.

Jesus Christ 4-0 against United?! :O

And I know the feeling, I lost 4 league games this season - Twice to West Brom and lost to them in the FA Cup as well, despite them finishing 18th. It's something I am seeking advice on but it may be a case of putting in the ''I expect a win'' in the team talks. As soon as I hear anything though I'll let you know.

I know, two late goals made a very nice result :) One of the more pleasing results!

I shall try putting some more relaxing team talks for the runabout matches, as it has worked a couple of times when team morale is low. I'm 3rd in the table, joint with United and 5 points behind Arsenal with about 10 matches to go. If I'd used the tactic from the start it could've been higher!!!