Al's 4-2-3-1: Possession, goals and clean sheets

corners indeed work well , i was wrong about that , i reckon :)
i play on tempo 3/20 , time wasting 3/20 and passing is 7/20 ( first notch of mixed setting ) , could i lower this (passing) to 3 or 4/20 also , what u think ?
also cross aim of FB's to centre : i like , never used this before but it's good for a non superwide 4231
offside trap would be good i think , but man marking + offsidetrap is no good combo i guess

I'd recommend the passing to be around 4, but that's just my opinion.

Yeah that's good, or if you play with a set target man set cross aim to target man. But centre is good because it can get anyone.

I wouldn't play with an offisde trap myself, and you've answered it yourself there. Because it is man marking the defenders would be caught in two minds.

So far with Brøndby IF in the Danish league i've played 14 games, 6 wins, 5 draws and 3 lost.
I've scored i almost every game, but my defence is just not good. I get the lead i almost every game, but ends draw.. Any suggestions to keep the lead????
Edit: lot of the goals conceded are crosses

Last edited:
So far with Brøndby IF in the Danish league i've played 14 games, 6 wins, 5 draws and 3 lost.
I've scored i almost every game, but my defence is just not good. I get the lead i almost every game, but ends draw.. Any suggestions to keep the lead????
Edit: lot of the goals conceded are crosses

Thank you for the feedback. If you get your full backs to 'close down' in 'own half' then that should reduce the amount of crosses coming into the box.

am about to get going on this with spurs, pushing bale n lennon along up there with vdv. first game i beat man city at my place 4-3 second game beat braga in champs league 2-1 at there place, with my tactic. just want to not concede silly goals really

am about to get going on this with spurs, pushing bale n lennon along up there with vdv. first game i beat man city at my place 4-3 second game beat braga in champs league 2-1 at there place, with my tactic. just want to not concede silly goals really

Glad to hear you're giving it a try, if you find that you're conceding a lot of goals through crosses please see my above post.

So anyway I had started my first save with Barnsley and was making my own tactics. The team put in good performances home and away, however I was not so satisfied. Gave this tactic a little try against Reading who at the time were 11 places ahead of me. I go 2-0 and have a man sent off, only to score twice again and win 4-0.

I love you Alex :)

So anyway I had started my first save with Barnsley and was making my own tactics. The team put in good performances home and away, however I was not so satisfied. Gave this tactic a little try against Reading who at the time were 11 places ahead of me. I go 2-0 and have a man sent off, only to score twice again and win 4-0.

I love you Alex :)

Good stuff!

And don't worry, you're only human ;)

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

Any more feedback?

Good/bad/terrible - Whatever it is I'd like to hear it.

No one at all with any further feedback?

I'm currently using your tactic with Juventus in the second year of my career and I've to say it's very good and gave me excellent results so far. I hardly concede a goal and I have a good ball possession.
Like other people stated before I tend to concede goals especially on counter-attacks and with crosses (low ones in particular). You said to set the FB "Closing down" to "Own Half", how many clicks do you suggest (I've currently set to 10 clicks and the situation improved indeed)?
Are you planning to release a new version of this wonderful tactic?

I enclose here some screenshots, if you need something specific, just tell me and I'll upload the screens).

Thanks again! ;)

juventusfcjuventustacti.png
juventusfcjuventusfixtu.png
serieatiminformationlea.png

I'm currently using your tactic with Juventus in the second year of my career and I've to say it's very good and gave me excellent results so far. I hardly concede a goal and I have a good ball possession.
Like other people stated before I tend to concede goals especially on counter-attacks and with crosses (low ones in particular). You said to set the FB "Closing down" to "Own Half", how many clicks do you suggest (I've currently set to 10 clicks and the situation improved indeed)?
Are you planning to release a new version of this wonderful tactic?

I enclose here some screenshots, if you need something specific, just tell me and I'll upload the screens).

Thanks again! ;)

juventusfcjuventustacti.png
serieatiminformationlea.png

Fantasticm I'm glad to see it's working well. When I've adjusted a lot of problems with the tactics I intend to release a V2. I'll check when I am at home with regards to how many clicks I use for the closing down. I plan on releasing V2 towards the end of next week when various tweaks have been ironed out :)

Hi m8
nike defence rocks I have never been able to get it right though :(
And the formation u have for liverpoll is right or gerry would be waisted
will try your tactic out for a few teams and see how it goes but nice try m8y
Btw are u from bournmouth as i see you support them?

Hi m8
nike defence rocks I have never been able to get it right though :(
And the formation u have for liverpoll is right or gerry would be waisted
will try your tactic out for a few teams and see how it goes but nice try m8y
Btw are u from bournmouth as i see you support them?

Thanks mate, do let me know :)

And yeah, live in Christchurch which is a few minute drive from Bournemouth stadium.

first i have to say that i changed the middle a bit after the first match: the mcl made him advanced playmaker with attack duty and the mcr made him center midfilder with defend duty, the philosophy very fluid and attacking strategy.

the first match used the original tactic and it was a very weak match from my side, even if the stats look balanced:

the next matches are played with the changes mentioned up

and from now on the team managed to create lots of chances, but i am very inefficient in front

having 6 clear cut chances and scoring one goal, i think it's bad luck, also this match was played with many substitues

next match vs. altetico was a close one

and the last match for today ... another good attacking display but only one goal

http://imageshack.us

and for alex, u can give me a msn/skype/ym address if u want to cooperate developing this further

manutdvmancitysplitview.png

Best result so far, crazy Posession, but very few CCC's

Edit: Below is a Screenshot of playing with Contain rather than Control, seems to work well

manutdvolympiquelyonnai.png

Last edited:
Hi alex,

have been using your tactic with a number of teams such as Everton, Bournemouth, Hull, Liverpool and currently playing with Fulham (as you can tell i like the relatively smaller teams). what i tend to find is that even with the closing down in own half on the full backs, with every team the opposition still find a way of scoring nearly every game. also on an attacking note i find that the 3 amc's tend to shoot a lot and even with teams such as liverpool with the likes of rodriguez and gerrard who have good long shot attributes, i find that they shoot too often and miss too often. it also doesnt give many clear cut chances and after the match the opposition manager always criticises my style of play saying i should have shot rather than passing the ball into the net, do you often get any of these?

cheers

Hi Alex,

I have adopted your tactic and it seems to be going well. Reading 2nd season and 2nd. I have had some great results such as beating Chelsea in the League cup QF 1-0 with ten men! - However I think it struggles a little with the lower positioned clubs, with sometimes drawing or even losing to them.

I needed to do some jigging about but I find it works well with Reading using a counter strategy. My only criticism is that not enough goals are scored? although this might not be the tactics fault.

**edit - I have good possession too, circa 55-60% :)

Last edited:
Wich size of pitch you use Alex?

Largest available mate.

Hi Alex,

I have adopted your tactic and it seems to be going well. Reading 2nd season and 2nd. I have had some great results such as beating Chelsea in the League cup QF 1-0 with ten men! - However I think it struggles a little with the lower positioned clubs, with sometimes drawing or even losing to them.

I needed to do some jigging about but I find it works well with Reading using a counter strategy. My only criticism is that not enough goals are scored? although this might not be the tactics fault.

**edit - I have good possession too, circa 55-60% :)

Fantastic, glad to see it is working for you to an extent. The basis of the tactic I feel is a good one, however the strategy should be changed depending on what team you are managing I suppose. Which is why Liverpool (A top of the league side) have an attacking set up. Counter/Standard would work for Reading.

I've also found not enough goals are scored, since uploading the tactic I have made a couple of tweaks, the main one being that my AM's and the ST I have set their closing down to full. This way they are constantly hassling the opposition and winning the ball further up the pitch, therefore creating more chances. Barcelona-esque.

Hi alex,

have been using your tactic with a number of teams such as Everton, Bournemouth, Hull, Liverpool and currently playing with Fulham (as you can tell i like the relatively smaller teams). what i tend to find is that even with the closing down in own half on the full backs, with every team the opposition still find a way of scoring nearly every game. also on an attacking note i find that the 3 amc's tend to shoot a lot and even with teams such as liverpool with the likes of rodriguez and gerrard who have good long shot attributes, i find that they shoot too often and miss too often. it also doesnt give many clear cut chances and after the match the opposition manager always criticises my style of play saying i should have shot rather than passing the ball into the net, do you often get any of these?

cheers

I'd recommend on the player instructions, changing the 'long shots' to as low as it can go, this was they are looking for the pass more. And if it's clear cut chances your after, use the touhline shout 'work ball into box' this should help you. Any questions just ask.

Glad to see it's going well, keep the feedback coming guys. Sorry its taken so long to get back to some people.

Any further feedback would be brilliant lads :)