Al's 4-2-3-1: Possession, goals and clean sheets

Seems to have died down a bit, any more feedback guys?

Im gonna give this a shot for next season as I am Colchester Utd in the PL and I am the 2nd highest scoring team in the league but I am lieing in 14th due to conceeding sooooo many lol. Let you know how it goes.

In the process of trying this with Santos (who have an amazing, young squad, with players who suit the roles of this tactic). I'll post some results six months in, in about two days. :)

edit: Nevermind about Santos. Most of the players have below par passing. I will find a team for this, though. :p

Last edited:
Thank you very much lads.

I'll give it a shot with Porto in 2017 :p (yes I'm an addict). I'm the strongest in my league by far (Sporting CP and Benfica aren't very weak tho). I'll update after about 10-15 matches

Little update since I've had a lot of spare time today:

Decided on testing testing with Burnley and they're pretty much ripping the Championship apart. Not as many goals as I would've liked (average 2 - 3 a game, mind), but I haven't lost in 18 games after a rocky start (3 wins, 4 draws and 2 defeats, then turned adjusted match preparation to defensive positioning and then it worked wonders for me) and my Central Midfielders are averaging 40 - 55 passes completed each game.

Excellent work on making such an effective tactic. :D

edit: lol, I was about to take some screenshots and realised I accidentally overwritten the save with another game to test another tactic. Sorry. :/

Little update since I've had a lot of spare time today:

Decided on testing testing with Burnley and they're pretty much ripping the Championship apart. Not as many goals as I would've liked (average 2 - 3 a game, mind), but I haven't lost in 18 games after a rocky start (3 wins, 4 draws and 2 defeats, then turned adjusted match preparation to defensive positioning and then it worked wonders for me) and my Central Midfielders are averaging 40 - 55 passes completed each game.

Excellent work on making such an effective tactic. :D

edit: lol, I was about to take some screenshots and realised I accidentally overwritten the save with another game to test another tactic. Sorry. :/

Thanks for the update mate :) Glad to see the tactic is effective for you!

yes of cause it is, i always switch the two letters ;) i will give you som feedback in a day or two ;)

Anyone else care to test? :)

I have the new version and am going to try this tactic, just one small problem i dont get how to do the nike swoosh by clicking? do i go to player intuctions and click how many times is stated? and if so do i start from the beginning of the bar?? i know this may incedibly stupid but im new to fm! thanks

i can't download the tac how can i download it please?

sweet tactic

used it with newcastle

newcastle 3-2 chelsea
bolton 0-2 newcastle
man city 0-0 newcastle