Amy Winehouse found dead

She was in the public eye as a singer firstly, she didn't rise to fame as a drug addict did she?

I agree with the points about her, I don't agree with drugs at all and yes it wrecks peoples lives along with their family but she died today so obviously it's going to be in the news. The Norway tragedy will be in the news for weeks to come because of the conspiracy theories or developments compared to her being headline news for 1 maybe 2 days max?

You think she doesn't deserve the sympathy because she took drugs but what about her fans who followed her, friends who loved her, How else would they know she's dead without it being in the news?

And yet she stayed there for her drug addiction. Plenty of singers have come in and out of the limelight in the past decade. You can bet the majority would have nowhere near the attention she gets though.

News, just not headline news. I have a sneaky suspicion her friends & family would have found out without news too.

But whatever, we both seem to pretty much agree anyhow. :)

90+ die in horrific attacks in Norway, which included a gunman firing indiscriminately into a group of summer camp kids and killing 10 of them, most teenagers aren't bothered by this. Messed up drug junkie has overdose in her home and everyone posts sympathy messages on twitter etc. The innocent Norwegians didn't have a choice, Amy Winehouse chose to take drugs and waste her life. Every death is sad but lets not get carried away here, I for one am not bothered in the slightest about Amy Winehouse. RIP victims of attacks in Norway, people who would have worked hard and made something of their lives.

90+ die in horrific attacks in Norway, which included a gunman firing indiscriminately into a group of summer camp kids and killing 10 of them, most teenagers aren't bothered by this. Messed up drug junkie has overdose in her home and everyone posts sympathy messages on twitter etc. The innocent Norwegians didn't have a choice, Amy Winehouse chose to take drugs and waste her life. Every death is sad but lets not get carried away here, I for one am not bothered in the slightest about Amy Winehouse. RIP victims of attacks in Norway, people who would have worked hard and made something of their lives.

Read the rest of the thread you derp.

The fact that a thread about Amy Winehouse's death even exists is all I need to know - you derp. Im not reading through 12 pages of drivel just to confirm that what I'm going to write is appropriate and/or has not been previously said - you derp.

The fact that a thread about Amy Winehouse's death even exists is all I need to know - you derp. Im not reading through 12 pages of drivel just to confirm that what I'm going to write is appropriate and/or has not been previously said - you derp.

Well you probably should, saves you looking a little silly and late to the party

Clearly I've made a horrible mistake here and should pay for my crimes against the forum -____- If what I wrote had already been said in some form, you need only have ignored me. I was just expressing my opinion, not inviting myself into a debate. That is all.

Why are people moaning about it being the headline? It had just happened and it was obviously going to be the headline for the time being until new news comes out about the Norway Tragedy and it now has so that will be headline news again. You don't keep things as the headline unless there's new news about it.

Why are people moaning about it being the headline? It had just happened and it was obviously going to be the headline for the time being until new news comes out about the Norway Tragedy and it now has so that will be headline news again. You don't keep things as the headline unless there's new news about it.

Someone with common sense. Thank you lord!

Not a fan of her but R.I.P Amy Winehouse

I think the people who are responding with things like ''Oh well'' ''its her own fault'' would have a much different opinion if it was there own family member who had died from a drug habit. Not saying what she done was right but from what I've learnt at school the drugs that she was taking were very difficult to come off. I know she died from alcohol abuse, but that all the same. It might not be a medical problem she died from, but it was definitely a problem that hundreds die of every day. Next time you be disrespectful about her death dually to the circumsatnces in which it happened and think again because im pretty sure if your family member died from Alcohol abuse you wouldnt be saying ''its their fault'' you would regard it as a real problem.

You are a derp aren't you? So what people are not allowed to talk about what they want. There's a thread about Norway if you want to talk about it. Yes Norway was very tragic but because of people are not allowed to talk about ... less serious matter, now I'm hesitant to call it that, maybe important may be the word. If so, lets close down the Chelsea discussion thread or the Who Should I buy/sell thread.

I think the people who are responding with things like ''Oh well'' ''its her own fault'' would have a much different opinion if it was there own family member who had died from a drug habit. Not saying what she done was right but from what I've learnt at school the drugs that she was taking were very difficult to come off. I know she died from alcohol abuse, but that all the same. It might not be a medical problem she died from, but it was definitely a problem that hundreds die of every day. Next time you be disrespectful about her death dually to the circumsatnces in which it happened and think again because im pretty sure if your family member died from Alcohol abuse you wouldnt be saying ''its their fault'' you would regard it as a real problem.

She did throw away her life, and she had the opportunity to stop as she famously sung about. Her family tried so hard for her to put her in rehab but everytime she didn't try to stop her addiction. Fair enough I do see where your coming from but for someone with the money to afford the best rehabilitation and treatmeant and to carry on living the way she did, c'mon, she did do it to herself.

If you actually read their posts you'll understand why their sympathies lie with her family and friends rather than her, rather than making sweeping judgements

I think the people who are responding with things like ''Oh well'' ''its her own fault'' would have a much different opinion if it was there own family member who had died from a drug habit.

Probably.

but a) None of my family members do have a drug problem.
b) If they did, I would make sure they got some help and sorted themselves out. If they didn't even attempt to try and turn their lives around, I would just disown them.
c) It doesn't negate the fact that it is her own fault, sure, she checked into rehab, for what.. 4 days? It takes two to tango, you need to put in some sort of effort and stick it out, not turn up drunk on your 1st day.
d) I didn't know her on a personal level, or am her friend or family, so I can't say I care a massive amount, compared to say someone who is in the Army, at least they are doing some good, rather than wasting their talent/life.
e) Her music was ****.

Probably.

but a) None of my family members do have a drug problem.
b) If they did, I would make sure they got some help and sorted themselves out. If they didn't even attempt to try and turn their lives around, I would just disown them.
c) It doesn't negate the fact that it is her own fault, sure, she checked into rehab, for what.. 4 days? It takes two to tango, you need to put in some sort of effort and stick it out, not turn up drunk on your 1st day.
d) I didn't know her on a personal level, or am her friend or family, so I can't say I care a massive amount, compared to say someone who is in the Army, at least they are doing some good, rather than wasting their talent/life.

There are literally thousands of addicts and substance abusers crying out for a just a fraction of the kind of help and support that was thrown her way, and she wilfully turned away from it, and chose to stick with a guy who was the main factor in her destructive behaviour. tragic, but hard for me to be torn up over her actions

Well I can say from experience, that I have experienced this with a family member. My brother was 18 and was doing hard drugs, and he was definately old enough to know the risks. But what really caused a breakdown in relationship with him, he was doing it without reason. He had a good life, had a kid, a family that loved him. We all tried to help him, and he threw it back in our faces. Repeatedly, til my parents nearly divorced over it. Then one day, they found out he had died by falling down stairs, amplified with the fact he had some sort of lung condition caused by it. Something like Pneumonia. So basically, I had no sympathy whatsoever. It may sound harsh, but there you go. He had many, many chances to at least try to get off it, after practically begging for help. But when someone says "I don't want to now", that's it. I no longer saw him as my brother, due to the fact he wasn't just destroying his life, but the other peoples lives that gave a dam about him.

So, basically I see it as it was his fault. Being mature enough to know how dangeous it was. Which is why i have no sympathy for her at all. She was old enough, she knew the risks, and made her bed to ly in. I've had first hand experience of being involved in a situation and I wouldn't wish it on any family. Tragic....yes. A waste....yes. Sympathy....no.

Well I can say from experience, that I have experienced this with a family member. My brother was 18 and was doing hard drugs, and he was definately old enough to know the risks. But what really caused a breakdown in relationship with him, he was doing it without reason. He had a good life, had a kid, a family that loved him. We all tried to help him, and he threw it back in our faces. Repeatedly, til my parents nearly divorced over it. Then one day, they found out he had died by falling down stairs, amplified with the fact he had some sort of lung condition caused by it. Something like Pneumonia. So basically, I had no sympathy whatsoever. It may sound harsh, but there you go. He had many, many chances to at least try to get off it, after practically begging for help. But when someone says "I don't want to now", that's it. I no longer saw him as my brother, due to the fact he wasn't just destroying his life, but the other peoples lives that gave a dam about him.

So, basically I see it as it was his fault. Being mature enough to know how dangeous it was. Which is why i have no sympathy for her at all. She was old enough, she knew the risks, and made her bed to ly in. I've had first hand experience of being involved in a situation and I wouldn't wish it on any family. Tragic....yes. A waste....yes. Sympathy....no.

I also have first hand experience as my dad died from alcohol abuse. I realise she done it to herself and was offered help but seems unfair to judge her without being in her shoes. That amount of fame and fortune from nowhere would probably cause quite a few people to turn to alcohol or drugs. All I'm saying is that we dont know the full story. All we hear is from the press, alot of probably true but still dont think its right to be disrespectful towards her and her family so soon after her death.

I also have first hand experience as my dad died from alcohol abuse. I realise she done it to herself and was offered help but seems unfair to judge her without being in her shoes. That amount of fame and fortune from nowhere would probably cause quite a few people to turn to alcohol or drugs. All I'm saying is that we dont know the full story. All we hear is from the press, alot of probably true but still dont think its right to be disrespectful towards her and her family so soon after her death.

Except the vast majority havent been disrespectful towards her and definitely not to her family. They just have less or no particular sympathy for her, due to the actions that led to her death despite agreeing its tragic. Still not sure you have read people's posts from the beginning, not sure how it can be made much clearer

How else can we judge her? We can't be in her shoes - and don't give me any of that rubbish about not judging people, we as a society judge everything - so we have to take it from what we know. I'm sure that amount of fame and fortune could turn quite a few people to alcohol or drugs, but as we can see from celebrities nowadays the majority survive the (frankly horrific ordeal) of having vast amounts of money. Nobody is being disrespectful to her family: the majority are sending their condolences to her family. Some of us just don't feel particularly sympathetic that a ridiculously rich person ****** their life away doing drugs when they had such wonderful talent.

Speculation that it was an ecstasy overdose.
--
‎5 days ago a true British hero was killed fighting for our country. Did you know this? Do you know his name? Did you care? A singer addicted to drugs and alcohol dies and its all over the news, Facebook and Twitter in minutes!!! ! RIP Corporal Mark Anthony Palin from 1st Battalion the Rifles! Give him the honour he deserves as well as all the lost souls before him.

Speculation that it was an ecstasy overdose.
--
‎5 days ago a true British hero was killed fighting for our country. Did you know this? Do you know his name? Did you care? A singer addicted to drugs and alcohol dies and its all over the news, Facebook and Twitter in minutes!!! ! RIP Corporal Mark Anthony Palin from 1st Battalion the Rifles! Give him the honour he deserves as well as all the lost souls before him.

Oh come on. It isn't fair or sensible to quote **** like that. We didn't know his name, no, and that's exactly why it isn't all over the news, Facebook and Twitter. Amy Winehouse was a well-known person, and Cpl. Palin wasn't, so it is understandable that it wasn't immediately all over the news straight away, not to mention the fact that we, the public, have become rather inured to soldiers dying, however bad that may seem. As a final point, he's a soldier: it was in his line of duty that he should put his life in danger regularly. That he should die isn't such a shock as Winehouse's death.