Amy Winehouse found dead

Do your saying it'd be stupid for me to call osama bin ladin stupid as he is if he feels the need to kill thousands of people just because he can

Now you're comparing Amy Winehouse with Osama bin Laden and you just quoted your own post.

heard her album is number 5 in the charts.

It'll get to number one. They'll rake it in, releasing special editions albums, special edition of special editions and so forth. Like they do with Nirvana when Kurt went. Funny how companies can make more money after someone has passed. Elvis, John Lennon, Nirvana, Hendrix. And it'll never change.

RIP Amy Winehouse. Very talented singer. What frustrates me is people assuming that someone isn't recognising what's happening in Norway etc. just because they post on a thread like this. Horrid ignorance.

We didn't say that.

RIP. Whether the drugs/alcohol killed her or not, she was an incredibly talented vocalist.

And I understand that a lot of people died in Norway, but every person that passes away deserves their recognition, whether their body contained more drugs than a mule or not.

FFS, grow up. The thread for the Norway Tragedy is still open. If you ain't got anything constructive to say in this thread, don't post.

Well said Stu. It's not Amy Winehouse vs. The Norway Tragedy - they're both tragic in different ways, obviously one is worse than the other, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't be remembered and discussed too. And I don't mind people saying that she had it coming etc. because I agree. But you have to look at what caused all these problems in her life and don't get me wrong she was stupid to let Blake Fielder-Civil introduce her to drugs, but you still have to have some sympathy about it because he got her addicted and when you're addicted it's incredibly hard to get off the drugs...or at least so I hear, I'd like to think I wil never be stupid enough to take drugs, or even large amounts of alcohol for that matter.

What's buggin me, is that all of a sudden on my facebook page, all of a sudden there's a sudden battle of Norway Tragedy v Winehouse groups, battling it out for ****** likes. Boils my blood when various groups try to get more likes out of dam tragedies, just to satisfy their own agendas.

What's buggin me, is that all of a sudden on my facebook page, all of a sudden there's a sudden battle of Norway Tragedy v Winehouse groups, battling it out for ****** likes. Boils my blood when various groups try to get more likes out of dam tragedies, just to satisfy their own agendas.

I never understand why people on Facebook are so desperate for likes, I mean it's just a virtual thumbs up. And especially when it's over something like this.

I never understand why people on Facebook are so desperate for likes, I mean it's just a virtual thumbs up. And especially when it's over something like this.

It defies belief tbh. Just do not understand it. I would try to offer a sensible explanation, but I honestly cannot think of one.

Yes she made the decision to take drugs but to say she deserved to die because of that is out of order. Unless you have taken drugs you can't really judge, because their are so many things to factor in. eg addiction, personal problems etc. I'm not saying what she did was wise, but some people need to think before they say things like she deserved to die, or that she is paying the price for her stupidity.

Another member of 'club 27', thoughts go out to her family.

Yes she made the decision to take drugs but to say she deserved to die because of that is out of order. Unless you have taken drugs you can't really judge, because their are so many things to factor in. eg addiction, personal problems etc. I'm not saying what she did was wise, but some people need to think before they say things like she deserved to die, or that she is paying the price for her stupidity.

Another member of 'club 27', thoughts go out to her family.

Not taking them in the first place would have solved the whole addiction thing, hmm? And there are people with MUCH worst problems that still manage to keep themselves off drugs and eventually lead happy fruitful lives. Amy Winehouse, meet natural selection.

Not taking them in the first place would have solved the whole addiction thing, hmm? And there are people with MUCH worst problems that still manage to keep themselves off drugs and eventually lead happy fruitful lives. Amy Winehouse, meet natural selection.

How can you be that naive? She could have taken them when drunk, depression, peer pressure? etc. Her having a lot of money would of made it easier to get hold of, she also partied a lot with those types of people which is where the peer pressure would/could come into play.

Very easy to get into that mess. Bit like Pringles, once you pop you just can't stop!

Note I don't agree with what she did and hate drugs but there's a lot of factors to consider..

How can you be that naive? She could have taken them when drunk, depression, peer pressure? etc. Her having a lot of money would of made it easier to get hold of, she also partied a lot with those types of people which is where the peer pressure would/could come into play.

Very easy to get into that mess. Bit like Pringles, once you pop you just can't stop!

Note I don't agree with what she did and hate drugs but there's a lot of factors to consider..

The main peer-pressure being her partner who introduced her to drugs.

Naive? As I said, the vast majority of the planet cope just damned fine. And then again, plenty then manage to succeed in getting over their addiction. Why are we giving someone respect for failing to get over her addiction. People who get addicted and succeed in getting off it, then they should be respected by society. Just because a woman who was a pretty good singer, but then was still only in the media for all the wrong reasons, and only generated public interest for the wrong reason, deserve any attention from the public, let alone make headline news over a tragedy in Norway where almost 100 innocent, helpless people died. Plenty of people far more significant have died in past times and got a passing mention in the news, but when a full time drug addict, part time singer dies we suddenly have to cry out our sympathy and jump on the ****** morale high horse? It's pretty simple, you have the option to take drugs or not. One leads to a much higher chance of death, if you choose to do it then you accept the fate.

It's her fault, she has no one to blame but herself, great talent that self destructed, and it's regretful she can't contribute anything more musically, but that's it, regret. It's like sympathising with someone who plays russian roulette and gets unlucky.

Naive? As I said, the vast majority of the planet cope just damned fine. And then again, plenty then manage to succeed in getting over their addiction. Why are we giving someone respect for failing to get over her addiction. People who get addicted and succeed in getting off it, then they should be respected by society. Just because a woman who was a pretty good singer, but then was still only in the media for all the wrong reasons, and only generated public interest for the wrong reason, deserve any attention from the public, let alone make headline news over a tragedy in Norway where almost 100 innocent, helpless people died. Plenty of people far more significant have died in past times and got a passing mention in the news, but when a full time drug addict, part time singer dies we suddenly have to cry out our sympathy and jump on the ****** morale high horse? It's pretty simple, you have the option to take drugs or not. One leads to a much higher chance of death, if you choose to do it then you accept the fate.

It's her fault, she has no one to blame but herself, great talent that self destructed, and it's regretful she can't contribute anything more musically, but that's it, regret. It's like sympathising with someone who plays russian roulette and gets unlucky.

She died today, obviously its going to headline news.. She's also a singer and in the public eye so that might be a reason shes in the news compared to your local *** who's just died.
Also pretty sure the Norway tragedy was headline news yesterday because guess why? it was yesterday! Obviously it's a terrible thing and may those involved RIP but so many things happen in this world in a matter of days, things don't wait around for you to mourn.

Some people can stop addictions easily where as others find it extremely difficult, depends on your mental strength. You can't expect everyone to be the same and not be addicted or stop the addiction with ease.

She died today, obviously its going to headline news.. She's also a singer and in the public eye so that might be a reason shes in the news compared to your local *** who's just died.
Also pretty sure the Norway tragedy was headline news yesterday because guess why? it was yesterday! Obviously it's a terrible thing and may those involved RIP but so many things happen in this world in a matter of days, things don't wait around for you to mourn.

Some people can stop addictions easily where as others find it extremely difficult, depends on your mental strength. You can't expect everyone to be the same and not be addicted or stop the addiction with ease.

She wasnt powerless to keep going back to him, the person who was the main cause of her addiction and destructive behavior. Everyman and their dog in her life intervened as much as they could, and as we know from the constant media in her like, she turned away from them. It was tragically inevitable, but don't suddenly expect people to feel sorry for her

She wasnt powerless to keep going back to him, the person who was the main cause of her addiction and destructive behavior. Everyman and their dog in her life intervened as much as they could, and as we know from the constant media in her like, she turned away from them. It was tragically inevitable, but don't suddenly expect people to feel sorry for her

I totally agree but when people brand all drug users with the same brush it's a bit naive, you don't know what causes people to go to drugs. I'm not necessarily sticking up for her.

Way to scrape over my points completely. Why's she in the public eye? Because of her addictions firstly, and then secondly for being a singer. As I said before, people of far more significance to society have passed and the news barely takes notice. Just because she's 'more famous' for whatever reason means it demands sympathy? Her talent is no justification, she brought it on herself whatever her living. There's still more to come out of Norway, it's far, far more significant a tragedy than this. You called me naive? Just because something happens yesterday doesn't mean it's old news. Look how long the hacking scandal was headlining for. Weeks. She doesn't deserve the attention nor sympathy. Her family deserves all the sympathy in the world, drug addiction, suicide etc. are the most selfish things in the world, they don't affect you while dragging your family through turmoil. I refuse to sympathise for a woman who has essentially killed herself all the while dragging her family through **** for years. It's not like she didn't have the money to afford rehab, or was alone and had no support. IIRC her Dad was always there for her trying to get her to change, if she's too weak to accept help then as I said, natural selection.

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

I totally agree but when people brand all drug users with the same brush it's a bit naive, you don't know what causes people to go to drugs. I'm not necessarily sticking up for her.

It's not naive though. People go through far worse than Amy Winehouse and manage to come out okay. She's the one who willingly chose to take them, she takes full responsibility. You don't have a clue what drove the Norwegian extremist to do as he did, bit naive don't you think? Does that mean we should empathise with him too? **** no, you make your choice and you stand by it no matter the circumstance.

Way to scrape over my points completely. Why's she in the public eye? Because of her addictions firstly, and then secondly for being a singer. As I said before, people of far more significance to society have passed and the news barely takes notice. Just because she's 'more famous' for whatever reason means it demands sympathy? Her talent is no justification, she brought it on herself whatever her living. There's still more to come out of Norway, it's far, far more significant a tragedy than this. You called me naive? Just because something happens yesterday doesn't mean it's old news. Look how long the hacking scandal was headlining for. Weeks. She doesn't deserve the attention nor sympathy. Her family deserves all the sympathy in the world, drug addiction, suicide etc. are the most selfish things in the world, they don't affect you while dragging your family through turmoil. I refuse to sympathise for a woman who has essentially killed herself all the while dragging her family through **** for years. It's not like she didn't have the money to afford rehab, or was alone and had no support. IIRC her Dad was always there for her trying to get her to change, if she's too weak to accept help then as I said, natural selection.
She was in the public eye as a singer firstly, she didn't rise to fame as a drug addict did she?

I agree with the points about her, I don't agree with drugs at all and yes it wrecks peoples lives along with their family but she died today so obviously it's going to be in the news. The Norway tragedy will be in the news for weeks to come because of the conspiracy theories or developments compared to her being headline news for 1 maybe 2 days max?

You think she doesn't deserve the sympathy because she took drugs but what about her fans who followed her, friends who loved her, How else would they know she's dead without it being in the news?