An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide

This guide actually allowed me to play FM as a novice and produce impressive results. And i only used a single tactic for all my games (Your Might and Magic Away tactic), as I couldn't figure out the classic tactic you suggested for home matches. I think I'll use the experience I've gained from 4 succesfull seasons to start over with the 12.2 database and aim a little higher. Hopefully I'll be able to polish my manager skills to a point where I dare give the lower league clubs a try.

Thanks for the guide, it really helped a lot.

what tactics you using mate? looks good!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ers-approach-managing-devils.html#post1554708

some good deals went on there mate :) may help...
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...session-ccc-tactic-raikan007.html#post1493119 - Home
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...007s-fuss-complete-madness-tactic-433-dm.html - Away

So far I've been unbeaten everywhere, that means that I've been unbeaten for 35 games in all competitions.
The only big signings I made were Fellaini for €24m and Kaka for €16m as I needed a proper DM and Real Madrid just offered me Kaka and looking at his quality for such a low price I had to get him.

Last edited:
love the scores u are geting nothing better than tonking city love it

This is interesting, Neymar has me listed as his Favoured Personnel, however, Sau Paulo will not release him for less than £60m.

Does everyone keep Phelan as Assistant Manager?

i usually replace him in the first week in charge :p
There are lots of better assistants around for less wages: Sidnei Lobo, Tony Cotton, Jair Ventura and Valdir de Moraes.
I usually go for Valdir but he does retire a few years in so have to replace him.

i usually replace him in the first week in charge :p
There are lots of better assistants around for less wages: Sidnei Lobo, Tony Cotton, Jair Ventura and Valdir de Moraes.
I usually go for Valdir but he does retire a few years in so have to replace him.

If I may be a critic :)
Lobo is not that good with man management.
Coton is not that good with tactical nor training.
Ventura is decent, little low in recruitment, squad management and youth development.
Moraes I skipped, I am in 2016.

I was checking out Benevan from Danubio, Jozak from Dynamo or Lobo/Ventura.

I wish you could send your staff on training!

What a freaking nightmare! I couldn't sit still, was yelling loud (lucky me my wife is not home). For this game I ran a very defensive approach with only one striker on top just to control the game. I have a hard time against City and Tottenham so prefer running a defensive approach.

At 90 minutes, some of the words that came out of mouth, I don't remember my mother ever approving those :D

View attachment 263812

Not that I am a manager that enjoy seeing players injured but it is fairly interesting to see how one player can impact a team...

CL Semi @ Home, I expect a win! Take note that Aguero was injured, groin injury 2-3 weeks and only 3 weeks left of the season.
View attachment 264597

Now, directly after that game it was City again @Home for PL without Aguero. Same strategy from United...Title warning
View attachment 264598

Interesting to see how City does for the 2nd leg and the remaining three PL games, without Aguero.

View attachment 264866View attachment 264868View attachment 264865

So after defeating city in a league cup game with a bunch of kids,Lindegaard making his debut and rooney coming back from an injury. they went on a 6 game losing streak :p Falling down to 9th but are now back up to 7th after their 1-0 win agaisnt recently promoted west ham who are only one place above the drop zone :p

I had a rollercoaster season as well but it makes it a little more exciting and less boring :)