An Angel's Approach to Managing the Devils: A Manchester United Guide

Ok, so now I have taken a long break and back to finish my 2014/2015 season.
I screwed up big time by playing around with the tactics and having a bad season but now it is time to fix it!

I really wanted to buy Moura or Neymar, but they are unsettled, still, no sale!
Douglas Costa was stolen in front of my nose by Real!
Pastore...wish I could get him but he does not want to leave PSG...

Ok, so now I have taken a long break and back to finish my 2014/2015 season.
I screwed up big time by playing around with the tactics and having a bad season but now it is time to fix it!

I really wanted to buy Moura or Neymar, but they are unsettled, still, no sale!
Douglas Costa was stolen in front of my nose by Real!
Pastore...wish I could get him but he does not want to leave PSG...

Screenshots of teams and tactics?
Hard to help without knowing what could be wrong :p

Screenshots of teams and tactics?
Hard to help without knowing what could be wrong :p

The tactics I just repaired, you know, you use a tactic and you dominate europe but all of a sudden for some reason you want to mix it around and the tactic is destroyed, repaired and the game against City was the best game of the season and I am in Jan 2015.

For my team, well I just sold Fabio, trying to sell Van Der Wiel and Young (nobody wants to buy them and young has a 90K/Week contract I want to dump!), also trying to sell Nainggolan to bring in a super CM but it is still just a thought, not sure I wish to sell him and not sure I need to buy anymore players cause I have an amazing youth group U21.

Goalies
View attachment 259407

Defenders
View attachment 259408

Midfielders
View attachment 259409

Attackers
View attachment 259410

Youth (not all listed)
View attachment 259411

So, I need some advice,
If I have a player worth £4.3M, he has a weekly salary of £90,000. His stats are weak.
I had one offer but he wanted £37500 per week until contract actually ended.
Why not just release him?

Last edited:
Raikan,
Question...I played Rooney as DLF however he does not score, so for the Leage Cup Final I changed him to a Poacher which means for your Amazing tactic I ran two poachers, it worked decent, check screenie.

The only thing that happened which I thought was amazing, is that Chelsea substitues in Delfouneso, now in my game, he is not a quality player, really low stats, check out what happen in screenie...I am suspicious in how such a low quality player can turn the game around in less than 4 minutes.

View attachment 260156

always use teamwork :)

he plays well for me in that position, most players do :) sometimes they go through dips in form, team talks are not effective enough, training etc.. lots of factors.. but in the long run, he will play better as that than the poacher on average...

Lol, no idea mate, good team talk before subbing him I guess :p cannot answer that mate, next time, pause, go to opp instructions and set some for him.. a lot of people forget to do that when the opp makes a sub...

How do you cheer during the game and clap your hands post game for one of the best teams in the world?
Be the best you can be as a manager! Love your team, manage your team, be successful!

It was an early evening at Old Trafford. Clouds decorated the sky but still the sun was shining upon the Red Devils. This was the game of the season, the game that would either crown the champions of Manchester or create a nail biting finalizer the week after. With morale at high, with a solid tactic, with the right words and the right motivation...United entered the field through the tunnel of dreams to meet Fulham! I must say, after the game, I am a loss for words, after having to retire/sell some of the legends at Manchester United, I feel that the team is now ready to build a new era, a new European domination!

View attachment 260681View attachment 260682

The tactics I just repaired, you know, you use a tactic and you dominate europe but all of a sudden for some reason you want to mix it around and the tactic is destroyed, repaired and the game against City was the best game of the season and I am in Jan 2015.

For my team, well I just sold Fabio, trying to sell Van Der Wiel and Young (nobody wants to buy them and young has a 90K/Week contract I want to dump!), also trying to sell Nainggolan to bring in a super CM but it is still just a thought, not sure I wish to sell him and not sure I need to buy anymore players cause I have an amazing youth group U21.

Goalies
View attachment 259407

Defenders
View attachment 259408

Midfielders
View attachment 259409

Attackers
View attachment 259410

Youth (not all listed)
View attachment 259411

Keepers are fine. You should play ter stergen in cup games and probably could look to sell him for a healthy profit and buying a cheaper regen if your finance isn’t strong.

Defenders, not sure if you should have sold Fabio. You need a decent left back back up. In 2015 there should be a couple of decent left back regens. In one of my old games I found it really hard to find a leftback ended up signing Bale to play as an attacking fullback.

Centerback you could probably do with selling johnny evans or Danny Wilson. Depends on who is costing more wages and who’s younger. With those funds try buying a left back.

It’s a good idea to sell van der wiel. Try offering him out for double his value over 48 months or 24 months.

Midfielders it depends what tactic you’re using. I use wingers in most of my tactics but it seems like you don’t. however I would definelty look to sell of Anderson and Pogba. Not worth having so much center midfielders. Just eating up wages.

Strikers you should probably try signing another advanced forward or target man for your team. Not another poacher as you already have Welbeck and hernandez. A couple of regens should be a good enough level to develop.

Keepers are fine. You should play ter stergen in cup games and probably could look to sell him for a healthy profit and buying a cheaper regen if your finance isn’t strong.

Defenders, not sure if you should have sold Fabio. You need a decent left back back up. In 2015 there should be a couple of decent left back regens. In one of my old games I found it really hard to find a leftback ended up signing Bale to play as an attacking fullback.

Centerback you could probably do with selling johnny evans or Danny Wilson. Depends on who is costing more wages and who’s younger. With those funds try buying a left back.

It’s a good idea to sell van der wiel. Try offering him out for double his value over 48 months or 24 months.

Midfielders it depends what tactic you’re using. I use wingers in most of my tactics but it seems like you don’t. however I would definelty look to sell of Anderson and Pogba. Not worth having so much center midfielders. Just eating up wages.

Strikers you should probably try signing another advanced forward or target man for your team. Not another poacher as you already have Welbeck and hernandez. A couple of regens should be a good enough level to develop.

Absolutly no financial problems.

Funny you mention Bale, I bought him mid through 2nd half of season of current season, so 2016/2017 season he starts for me!

One DC needs to be sold for sure and Mr. Wiel would be nice, never tried offering to clubs for installments, have to try this.

I have two regen Strikers where one is ready for first team next season. Midfield I use two wingers and two MC, I have interest in Pogba and could probably find interest in Anderson. Then I have two regens that will be good MC. I also have an amazing regen DL coming into first team soon. Next season I have no real targets, been trying to get Neymar but that will cost me £60-80M and that seems like an aweful lot for one player. I have a bunch of regens though in my shortlist.

Absolutly no financial problems.

Funny you mention Bale, I bought him mid through 2nd half of season of current season, so 2016/2017 season he starts for me!

One DC needs to be sold for sure and Mr. Wiel would be nice, never tried offering to clubs for installments, have to try this.

I have two regen Strikers where one is ready for first team next season. Midfield I use two wingers and two MC, I have interest in Pogba and could probably find interest in Anderson. Then I have two regens that will be good MC. I also have an amazing regen DL coming into first team soon. Next season I have no real targets, been trying to get Neymar but that will cost me £60-80M and that seems like an aweful lot for one player. I have a bunch of regens though in my shortlist.

hahaha well Bale will do wonders for you from left back. One season i think he had the most assist for the league for a month or two while playing as leftback :p Offering out through installment will help you sell off your players at higher prices, loading the russian league as playable helps as well.

Don't think you'll need Neymar tbh unless you really want him on your team. You can find regens every year who can develop into a better player than Neymar and much lower wages :p you should look to replace with young with gaston ramirez, willian and they are lots more. You do have Bale coming in as well so its up to you where you play him. either way you probably need another left back/left winger.

hahaha well Bale will do wonders for you from left back. One season i think he had the most assist for the league for a month or two while playing as leftback :p Offering out through installment will help you sell off your players at higher prices, loading the russian league as playable helps as well.

Don't think you'll need Neymar tbh unless you really want him on your team. You can find regens every year who can develop into a better player than Neymar and much lower wages :p you should look to replace with young with gaston ramirez, willian and they are lots more. You do have Bale coming in as well so its up to you where you play him. either way you probably need another left back/left winger.

Left back if Wiel leaves and looks like a I found a buyer for him and Pogba, I have Bale, Digne and Smalling + a top notch quality coming in to the season Lecoq. For wing though I have a problem since Valencia picked up a 7 month injury in the last game!!! Leaves me with Di Maria, Nani, Rodriguez who I am actually positioning to become a DLF due to his immense power foot (that boy can really hammer them in)...and a few regens but none that are ready. Since Valencia is reaching 31 after his injury I want to get him back in action and sell him by end of season 2016/2017. I do get a transfer fund for season 2016/2017 (Bale was bought with 2015/2016 transfer fund) and I have a few regens in my shortlist that can slide into the first team directly.

What did you do different this save?
Different tactics mostly, but im going to put more importance on youth and producing new talent instead of buying dirt expensive players, I only use the latter when its necessary.
Plus I'm trying to get rid of the debts that The Glazers have brought to the club,

Speaking of debt... I have one year left and I am debtfree :)

Speaking of talents...Rooney signed a new 2 year contract which means he is 31 when due for contract renewal. This season 2015/2016 was the last year for purchasing 20+ years of age players since I have an excellent youth ready in 1-2 years for first team action. Now, should I sell Rooney since I have two new strikers, both really nice talents?

Also, asssistant manager, I did not renew Phelan's contract, does everyone keep Phelan or bring in fresh blood like Tassotti, Nieheus, Izzo?

Speaking of debt... I have one year left and I am debtfree :)

Speaking of talents...Rooney signed a new 2 year contract which means he is 31 when due for contract renewal. This season 2015/2016 was the last year for purchasing 20+ years of age players since I have an excellent youth ready in 1-2 years for first team action. Now, should I sell Rooney since I have two new strikers, both really nice talents?

Also, asssistant manager, I did not renew Phelan's contract, does everyone keep Phelan or bring in fresh blood like Tassotti, Nieheus, Izzo?

Not that I've played a United save, but I would sell Wazza. Rooney must be pushing 30, and I'm assuming you've won everything there is to win, so sell him. people will come in with massive bids at this stage. you would also then signficantly reduce your wage budget :D