sorry to say it dosent really work with smaller teams i started a game with dusseldorf in germany as i no they have 2 players that can play triquartista it worked wonderfully in pre-season then once i got to german cup 1st round i struggled and drew and won on pens but then i played 10 games in the league and won only 2! but on the other hand i dropped it into my atalanta save and they got better and better but i have some amazing players at atalanta

I had a similar experience to Adi with WBA. Swapped it out to Hazza's tactic and that works much better. It seems this is really just a big team tactic.

yes i had to switch to hazza's with dusseldorf

done 1st season with Cheslea and finished 3rd... my Record was W25 D5 L8, pretty good tactic but i suppose my def is just ****

Fair enough, some of the teams I've managed... Can only wish I had defenders as **** as them.

Well, won the league with Stuttgart first season with this tactic.. Noticed that the fullbacks opened the defense way to much when they went high to pressure.. So, atm I lowered the closing down on both fullbacks, and I'm considering lowering the d-line all together as good teams seem to play through the pressure.. The only other thing is that I seem to get A LOT of cards - think i got 6 reds in the first 15-18 matches in second season which seem a bit high -.-.. Otherwise it's working wonders.. Anyone compared this one to Hazza's?!

PS. I found it very beneficial to use teamprep; defensive positioning away and home against better/equal opponents, and offensive runs for home against weaker opponents :))

Last edited:
I doubt this tactic would be as effective if you moved the side strikers to winger.

I would love to see someone bring out an exploit tactic that used winger, but alas as far as I know nothing has been released to far.

Steve

One of the exploits is including three central strikers. 3 central strikers AND wingers might be too attacking.

If anyone thinks they have a weak squad, then try being AFC Wimbledon like me :)
Currently sitting in 3 in the N power 2 Soccer conference. I'm a newbie to soccer coaching so I'm trying to learn the game with a smaller team first !

hi mate...well done on picking a small team to learn with...i never play with big clubs either...im replying to your post, because of this...i could be wrong, but this tactic may be ok for now for you in that division, but you could find it tougher as you progress...i tried this tactic with my nantes team in ligue 2...with a high pressing line, and not quick enough defenders, i often got caught out on the counter, or balls over the top...this is just my experience of it, of course...http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ining/99276-4-3-3-ca-defence-goals.html...try this, as its more solid.
im not trying to wreck Anderz88's thread here...dont get me wrong, i think its a very good tactic...i use it as a back-up if i need to go balls out for a goal or two.
im gonna break the habit of a lifetime now tho, and test this baby out with Porto.

well done Anderz88

Gonna bump this thread. Great tactic especially if, like me, you have grown tired of the 'classic' set-up and want a tactic using the Tactic Creator

whats the re-rank???

I believe mid-season the AI reevaluates how much of a threat it sees your club as

Hi all i was using hazzas exploit tactic with my Huddersfield team now I have come across this tactic I have a question does this use crags goals goals goals poacher setting or not

Gonna bump this thread. Great tactic especially if, like me, you have grown tired of the 'classic' set-up and want a tactic using the Tactic Creator

I believe mid-season the AI reevaluates how much of a threat it sees your club as

cheers mate, i'd best be wary then...im on a good run with both my groningen and nantes saves, at the mo.

and yeah, id say this thread deserves a bump....this is the best tactic (for me) ive used so far on fm12...great for small/underdog teams, which is basically all i play as.

cheers mate, i'd best be wary then...im on a good run with both my groningen and nantes saves, at the mo.

and yeah, id say this thread deserves a bump....this is the best tactic (for me) ive used so far on fm12...great for small/underdog teams, which is basically all i play as.

Hi all i was using hazzas exploit tactic with my Huddersfield team now I have come across this tactic I have a question does this use crags goals goals goals poacher setting or not
No. Standard poacher role with only tweak being mentality is set to maximum

Cheers W4NKER do you think it would work with crags goals put into

This tactic is brilliant!

Started using this as Liverpool in the last 1/3 of the first season and it saved the 4th place for me.
Now I'm on a 32 game undefeated streak and topping the table late december second season.

Playing fun,attractive football,while having great defence is what makes it good.

Last edited: