great tactic TFF, congrats once again!
just one question, i'm doing really well with Real Sociedad but my defensive midfielder seems to always under-perform comparing to other players, always under 7.. i had the same problem with ultimate. i don't get why because these players have the recommended stats
thanks!

Who'd you mark?
I'm Celtic btw.

View attachment 1045888

If you moved CM (D) to MCR position then you need to mirror the man marking too and this means that now you need set your right striker(Griffiths) to man mark the opposition player who play at DMCL position(Deidda).

If you have CM (D) at MCR position then you need to mirror the man marking too and do everything opposite to the guide that I posted at the OP, speaking other word you need to set the man marking for your right striker instead left striker and mark opposition players that play at MCL/DMCL positions instead MCR/DMCR positions.

great to know, thanks for that! i moved my defensive midfielder to MCR position too but i was still using the man marking with my left striker..

great tactic TFF, congrats once again!
just one question, i'm doing really well with Real Sociedad but my defensive midfielder seems to always under-perform comparing to other players, always under 7.. i had the same problem with ultimate. i don't get why because these players have the recommended stats
thanks!

Mate, unfortunately the method how the rating is calculated in FM16 isn't perfectly balanced and for many roles it doesn't represent properly their importance for tactics so it's just waste of your time chasing high rating for any specific position and I recommend that you'd better focus on the general tactic's performance. For example, CM(D) and DM (D) are having low rating in FM16 compare to other positions and you can't do nothing about it.

Last edited:
it's ok, i'm not complaining, just didn't get why ;)
the tactic is still really great, good job!

great to know, thanks for that! i moved my defensive midfielder to MCR position too but i was still using the man marking with my left striker..

I'll add some warning to the section about Specific Man Marking at the OP that if you move CM (D) to MCR position then you need to mirror the specific man marking too.

Going to give this a go with Deportivo la Coruña since I don`t see anyone trying this with teams predicted near the bottom of the table. Media prediction is 16th, and so far I have just signed Angel Correa (Atletico Madrid) and Andre Silva (Porto) on loan deals. Hopefully I can bring the "SuperDepor" era from the early 2000`s back to Riazor! :)

i recomend stay to old tactic at away big matches and home with 4-4-2 :)

I agree that away matches vs big clubs look f!@#ing scary with "naked" 4-4-2 :) so I very rarely use "Instant Result" for such matches and I always play such matches in commentary mode in order to able to set "Specific Man Marking" and believe me with the "Specific Man Marking" you have almost the same defense level as with any 4-5-1 formation. ;)

bump

TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V2

CHANGES:

- tweaked the dribbling settings of ML/MR positions

IMPORTANT

Now you need a left footed player for ML position and a right footed player for MR position

P.S. ULTIMATE THREAD HAS BEEN CLOSED

I agree that away matches vs big clubs look f!@#ing scary with "naked" 4-4-2 :) so I very rarely use "Instant Result" for such matches and I always play such matches in commentary mode in order to able to set "Specific Man Marking" and believe me with the "Specific Man Marking" you have almost the same defense level as with any 4-5-1 formation. ;)

TFF, the man marking makes a huge difference for me too, after I set it I notice that my defense improves greatly

Btw, I'm using V2 with Hoffenhiem, the 1st season and doing great :)

Here's my result so far:

h1rrr.png

h2rrr.png

h3rrr.png

I took over burton and my first game was against bury which also was there first win of the season, I was 10 points away from the next team and I finished 2nd at the end of the season.

This is a very very good tactic, but.... WRATH! is the best. That one it is a BEAST!

Mate, unfortunately the method how the rating is calculated in FM16 isn't perfectly balanced and for many roles it doesn't represent properly their importance for tactics so it's just waste of your time chasing high rating for any specific position and I recommend that you'd better focus on the general tactic's performance. For example, CM(D) and DM (D) are having low rating in FM16 compare to other positions and you can't do nothing about it.

My WMs, WBs and DLFs always have the highest compare to other position in this tactic :)

Hey, I'm still in 16.2. Does this tactic work for that version or is there an older version you'd recommend? Thanks!

V2 is working amazing for me in Paragayan league. You did a great job TFF, thank you. My only regret is that I don't score from corners, hope you can fix that in further versions!

Last edited:
TFF I have Neymar but I also have a very good left winger should I play Neymar as a right winger instead ??

Back