I'm not having a dig at you or anything, but why not try and create your own tactic? I would rather lose a lot with my own tactic than 'do a Juve' with, for example, one of JP Woody's!

I really don't get it as it's one of the most important aspects to do with management and I find if more satifying if I win with my own tactics.

Also, is it just me, or is creating a decent tactic (not amazing, just good enough for the club to do well; as opposed to winning the league) fairly easy? In my opinion, tactic creation is 75% logic and 25% luck!

--------------------------------------------------

Sent from my iPod Touch 4th Generation 8GB via the Tapatalk application.

MisterZhifei

Yeah I know I should create my own tactics, but I spent ages trying to create a tactic on FM12, and never made one that did any good. I'm having a go at creating tactics on FM13, but I don't have my hopes up that I'll make a good one so I'll probably get a plug and play tactic from here.

Liverpool and I'm using my favoured 4-1-2-2-1, it's nothing special but it's working for me. I have tweaked it a lot though.

I'm using the same with wing backs and it's been the most reliable formation for me by far.
After going through the first half a season with the worst defensive record using a 4-3-3 figured I'd change things up a little :D
Ninth at Christmas, ended up winning the league by a point.

Anyway, for people having issues with tactics I wouldn't worry about it at all. The match engine is still being worked on and currently some of the more important aspects of tactics seem to either not want to work or just far less reliable than others. Just stick with a more defensively sound formation for now then go crazy once it's been updated a little more.

I'm using the same with wing backs and it's been the most reliable formation for me by far.
After going through the first half a season with the worst defensive record using a 4-3-3 figured I'd change things up a little :D
Ninth at Christmas, ended up winning the league by a point.

Anyway, for people having issues with tactics I wouldn't worry about it at all. The match engine is still being worked on and currently some of the more important aspects of tactics seem to either not want to work or just far less reliable than others. Just stick with a more defensively sound formation for now then go crazy once it's been updated a little more.
Good to see someone else is having success with tactics in the beta. My tactic has set up the full backs to attack like wing-backs so our tactics are probably quite similar and I can't agree more with a balanced or defensive formation being the best option by far in this beta ME.

Honest opinion? The game is great.

I just think people are raging/ranting about the game being "Worse than FM12" because they are not having as much success at it so far, but im sure over time when they get used to it and start winning things, the rants/moans will be gone.

Sure, there is problems with it, why? Because it's a demo/beta. It's not the full game, so people need to remember that. The full game will/should! have many of these bugs/complaints fixed.

Now dont get me wrong, I too have found myself moaning - however I can admit it's down to me losing! Not the games fault, I just DONT LIKE LOSING, just like everyone else.

So what do people do when there losing? The blame the easiest thing, the game itself!

Sacked after 10 league games for Blackburn with 10 points. No matter what I did I couldn't stop leaking goals! Unreal.

After getting sacked after about 17 games with birmingham despite been 7th and my season goal as to finish in the top half the new owner didnt want me i guess!

I have started another game and first season i was winning the championship by 21 points in march and 8 long term injuries (a absolute joke but could happen!!) i ended up finishing 3rd and losing in the play off semi's. In the second season i lost 28 players and staff and had a budget of 0 and a season expectation to win the league!!! unrealistic if you ask me!! Any way i finished 6th on the last day of the season and then won the play offs and currently 12th after 27 games in the premier league, i'd say its a little harder but its probably just the user (us) getting used to all the new training, tactics and match prep stuff. In a couple month it will be easier just like all of them get easier the more you play.

One thing really really REALLY!!!! annoying me is the amount of disallowed goals no exaggeration there's atleast 3 every game i play, not just me getting disallowed goals though its the computer as well, but usually you get 5 or 6 a season not 3-5 a match and i'm in my third season have played various different tactics and it still happens. Is this the case with any one else?

One thing really really REALLY!!!! annoying me is the amount of disallowed goals no exaggeration there's atleast 3 every game i play, not just me getting disallowed goals though its the computer as well, but usually you get 5 or 6 a season not 3-5 a match and i'm in my third season have played various different tactics and it still happens. Is this the case with any one else?

Its a sideeffect of having goalkeepers not coming out and claiming the ball. Instead he stands on his line and is far to often getting into a challenge with an opponent. As the striker comes with speed, he often knocks the ball into the net and the goalie to the ground/out of balance. Goal disallowed :D

beginning of the game you can get 23million plus for Walcott dude. Chelsea always offer. Good start to the season you have had though

i try to get more for theo but other teams wernt having it got sacked as arsenal due to a huge injury crysis will go back to arsenal in a couple weeks when i got use to the game given rangers ago

When the beta first became available a few weeks ago and I started playing in earnest, I had trouble getting a satisfying game going as well, but what I think played a role is just having to get used to the new interface and gameplay. Currently halfway through the first season with Aston Villa and we're fifth in the table with largely the same squad as in real life: won 10, drew 6, lost 5. There were only one or two games I thought the AI was a bit dodgy (Ba missing a penalty against me just now where he just rammed the ball over the goal frex) and some odd quirks here and there, but nothing major.

I'm not sure whether or not it's more difficult than FM12, but you need to get used to the interface and you can't get complacent.

i just have question because im running fm13 demo with regards to training do i train players by their roles or just the attributes that make the player better in those roles or doesnt it matter which way u do it.

i just have question because im running fm13 demo with regards to training do i train players by their roles or just the attributes that make the player better in those roles or doesnt it matter which way u do it.

When training a player in role "X", the player focuses extra on those key attributes needed for that role

GUIDE TO TRAINING IN FM13

the main issue with FM13 is the match engine. IT IS RETARDED. why do my defenders refuse to make tackles and let the opposition forwards walkthrough and have a shot???!!!!! how is that realistic???!!! ok so ive set the game to show highlights and im there for 2 minutes watching the other team pass the ball from left to right. explanation SI???? im managing arsenal abdive only managed 3 wins in 11 games. hahaha i know funny. but is it really my fault? ive tried everything but the game refuses to let my team score goals. i really really really really really hope that SI fix this in the actual game because the match engine is crappy, i mean real crappy. if not im just going to continue playing FM12 till next year because i cant handle this kind of crappiness!!!! :)

To be honest I'm completely aware this is an advanced beta version but if things aren't greatly improved for the release then I'm going to be pretty ****** off I bought it.

I think it's much more difficult because I find myself constantly conceding laughable goals and I have tried plenty of tactics now with a few different teams and I might win a couple of games but then I'll go 7-2 down to Bury as I'm playing with Doncaster. It's so disappointing. One more fresh start and I'm giving up after that.

the main issue with FM13 is the match engine. IT IS RETARDED. why do my defenders refuse to make tackles and let the opposition forwards walkthrough and have a shot???!!!!! how is that realistic???!!! ok so ive set the game to show highlights and im there for 2 minutes watching the other team pass the ball from left to right. explanation SI???? im managing arsenal abdive only managed 3 wins in 11 games. hahaha i know funny. but is it really my fault? ive tried everything but the game refuses to let my team score goals. i really really really really really hope that SI fix this in the actual game because the match engine is crappy, i mean real crappy. if not im just going to continue playing FM12 till next year because i cant handle this kind of crappiness!!!! :)

Pressing system doesn't want to work currently and sometimes your defenders will randomly fall asleep with the ball at their feet from through balls and such. That being said there isn't a huge deal wrong with the ME, few little issues that will be sorted out this is still the beta after all.
Highlight mode do you have it on? Key will show a lot of build up play that either gets shut down or leads to half/full chances.

I find the goal scoring a lot more realistic when things go how they should, can't just buy neymar and have him run through seven players and score all the time.

I have just been finding it difficult to perform consistently. I have with Celtic a team that could destroy the SPL in real life, yet I find myself unable to put a string of results together. I qualified from my group in the champions league yet i lost 1-0 at home to Ross County, Dundee United, St Johnstone and Aberdeen this season already!!! Three things that constantly crop up for my team no matter what tactic i use, combination of players etc is:
1. Inability to cut out through balls from the opposition
2. Inability to play through balls
3. Inability to follow opposition instructions and close down crosses

I hope that these are bugs that will be fixed for the main release because so far I am finding the game very difficult to play and enjoy. In that respect I think this early version of the game is definitely harder!

there isn't a huge deal wrong with the ME.

Ya...okay.

330642_o.gif

ajt09 - what you're saying about it being much better because of the realism, you have to take everything into account (even the weather etc)... if this is the case then SI have made a huge error in judgement by catering to the minority, and not the majority. Lets face it, the majority don't want it to be like real life (star striker can't play cause his wife's in labour, etc). We want a SIMULATION of football, not the real thing.

i had to putt he game on hold due to some glaring match engine bugs that annoyed me far too much to continue playing. i will wait until a "playable" patch, rather than work myself into a rage over a midfielder standing still while a ball rolls by him