Are footballers overpaid?

Are Footballers Overpaid?

• Yes

Votes: 118 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 28 19.2%

• Total voters
Those 'mugs' are the reason that we are still speaking English, without them we would be speaking German and eating Bratwursts.

I know a lot of people who shame the same views. Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Certainly doesn't apply at times on this forum.
you are allowed your opinon. but it is still based on utter igorance. that is what you completely fail to understand

we are off topic and i aplogise, but this kinda of ignorance about one of the toughest jobs anywhere infuriates me

Agreed with this.

Although you're ignoring the rest of us British! Scotsmen can join the army too!

dont worry, realised what I wrote, and changed, got clouded by the ignorance.

I know a lot of people who shame the same views. Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Certainly doesn't apply at times on this forum.

How have we denied you freedom of speech? You've said your opinion, and we all just disagree with it.

you are allowed your opinon. but it is still based on utter igorance. that is what you completely fail to understand

we are off topic and i aplogise, but this kinda of ignorance about one of the toughest jobs anywhere infuriates me

Its more based on what I've witnessed at first hand, can only judge on what you see and hear.

I know quite a few, all of which are school friends that were thick as 2 planks and joined as it was the only thing they were qualified to do.

No matter what you do, if you go in the army you are a hero, just because you might of been an idiot at school, it doesn't matter, they're fighting for our country, they can be the biggest idiot in the world if they wanted, they're still doing one of the bravest things possible, and for you to say "Until a nurse scores a 40 yard screamer" is not only disrespectful, but simply ludicrous.

There's freedom of speech, and then there is speech of ignorance/stupidity. Anyone who question's someones morals for joining the Armed Forces is a pedantic person.

But back OT, i pretty much agree that the majority of players are overpaid, and thats pretty much whats destroying some clubs. Example is Everton-spending 69% of turnover on wages is ridiculous and has left us in a very precarious situation. Has to be sorted before other clubs suffer the same fate.

But back OT, i pretty much agree that the majority of players are overpaid, and thats pretty much whats destroying some clubs. Example is Everton-spending 69% of turnover on wages is ridiculous and has left us in a very precarious situation. Has to be sorted before other clubs suffer the same fate.
i dont think they are overpaid as such, but there is an issue of clubs speculating to accumulate, paying wages on big players in the hope of success, and agents playing their own game of course

sayin that though, its not always reported that some of the players who do get paid a lot, do give quite a bit to charity or plough money into acadamies. Brad Friedel for example ploughed a lot of his money into a project-unfortunately that left him screwed financially.

Imo, yes they are overpaid. Hideously overpaid.

Rooney conning Man U out of 250k per week is disgraceful. Big eared **** infuriated me when he did that!

Last edited:
its absolutley crazy the money they on disgraceful to be honest

sayin that though, its not always reported that some of the players who do get paid a lot, do give quite a bit to charity or plough money into acadamies. Brad Friedel for example ploughed a lot of his money into a project-unfortunately that left him screwed financially.
its not "news", that's why you hear about court cases and cheating and not players who fly out to africa etc

Imo, yes they are overpaid. Hideously overpaid.

Rooney conning Man U out of 250k per week is disgraceful. Big eared **** infuriated me when he did that!
1) 180k

2) 90k of that pays for schools, road, healthcare. he will contribute more in a week than your family would in a year

1) 180k

2) 90k of that pays for schools, road, healthcare. he will contribute more in a week than your family would in a year

Fair enough, 90k going to areas vital to this country i,e NHS etc

But can you really justify him earning 180k per week?

Fair enough, 90k going to areas vital to this country i,e NHS etc

But can you really justify him earning 180k per week?
the market justifies it. thats why they pay him that much, becuase they believe he merits the cost. remember these elite players will sell shirts etc by the bucketloads. they are not just the best of the best they are cash cows for their employers too