I just finished the first season of chelsea with 4-4-1-1.
league : unbeaten, champions league, fa cup winner, league cup quarter final.

View attachment 331613View attachment 331614View attachment 331615View attachment 331616

mata was amazing as trequartista ! and torres... he retrieved his class XD
mikel, marin was outstanding..

View attachment 331617View attachment 331618View attachment 331619View attachment 331620

very solid + amazing trequartista's movement... I really love players like F.Totti so this tactic's movements are very enjoyable

The no 10 is set as the targetman, is that correct? Or should i set the striker? Nice tactic btw!

The no 10 is set as the targetman, is that correct? Or should i set the striker? Nice tactic btw!

Yes the trequartista set as target man and playmaker - you want to feed him the ball as much as possible.

First game checking out 4-2-3-1 tweak on my Dortmund save. Note not fully fluid but team morale was at superb so would have helped.

i think it's unanymous that this is the best defense tactic setup. i've been doing amazingly with my 16's 17's 18's regen defense at Atlético-MG. The question now is how to take the utmost from offense.

i think it's unanymous that this is the best defense tactic setup. i've been doing amazingly with my 16's 17's 18's regen defense at Atlético-MG. The question now is how to take the utmost from offense.

It's a case of using the front 4 players to your strengths, they can be moved about and tweaked to get the best out of them.

Sean - I think I mentioned it before, but the DMC on the right side is set up with a 'defend' duty instead of the support, should this be changed to support, or was it meant to be on defend?

WOW! JUST,WOOOOOOOOOOOOW! this never happened to me before in 13!
View attachment 332512View attachment 332513

i mean,yes,it's against a ****** team,but the tactic isn't yet full fluid.Anyway,what a way to start the season!

Also,this is a tweak of my own,a 4-2-3-1 with wingers,just did it this season and it seems to work just fine! just another tactic to prove how many awesome things you can do with this arrigo sachi one! thanks sean!

hi sean
congrats on a great tactic i'd nearly given up on fm13 but this has got me going again.I,ve done 2 saves from stratch using the player filter to find the best allround players.The first i did with england i used the 442 at home and 4411 away and qualified easy i used 4411 for the finals although i struggled in the group it got better as it went along and i won 3-0 over uragauy in the final.the 2nd save i went with arsenal again using the filter i did a lot of dealing buying in 5 in the first window and 2 in the second.i won the league and fa cup lost the league cup final on pens and the champions league final to barca 1-0 in the final to a freak goal couple of positions can still need looking at so i'llgive it another season again thanks

stfc exile

Sean - I think I mentioned it before, but the DMC on the right side is set up with a 'defend' duty instead of the support, should this be changed to support, or was it meant to be on defend?
Sean, any word on this??

Sean, any word on this??

Sorry I must have missed this. The DM's should both be on Support. For some reason there seems to be a glitch whereby if you move any player the DMR defaults to defend, including when it is downloaded.This is how it should look:

Last edited:
Thanks for that Sean :) One other thing though, will the 4411 work well with Southampton? was thinking of starting a new game with them and was wondering if the 442 or 4411 would be best?

Thanks for that Sean :) One other thing though, will the 4411 work well with Southampton? was thinking of starting a new game with them and was wondering if the 442 or 4411 would be best?

who have you got that can play amc i have naymar in my manu save early days has he has just come to me but he killing it

Sorry I must have missed this. The DM's should both be on Support. For some reason there seems to be a glitch whereby if you move any player the DMR defaults to defend, including when it is downloaded.This is how it should look:

hi sean so is it a simple case of copying the supporting dm player instructions onto the defending one so they are exactly the same

stfc exile

Last edited: