I play OL and I have such attackers Lacina Traore, Babacar and Belfodil that most of them would fit? I play has just season 2016/2017, and already once I managed to win the CL but even then Strikers which had been Gomis, benitez and Bony. Will do if I find a moment later screenshot of my team and results.

Last edited:
The Brazilian tweak is incredible! Had to change a few things to fit perfectly, either on my Real Madrid save (flip everything to the left so I can play with Ronaldo on the left), and on my Vélez save (my left changes and changed the GK and CB instructions) and, wow, best tactic I've used so far.

guna test the 4-4-1-1 treq with Dortmund, suit there way of playing, and looks similar to the way they played v Real Madrid

I will try 4-2-3-1 trequartista and 4-4-2 sacchi original for hard games (H)

In general are people still using OIs with the brazil tweak and the 4231 tweak?

Secondly, if so, how many times are people setting the OIs during the game? (Is it simply a case of setting it once at the star of the game and leaving it, or do people reapply them again later in the second half?)

hi sean

as i last posted i have used your 4411 with a new west brom save still having great succses

epl- predicted 14th finshed 5th would have got fourth but again had a bad result in the last game
fa cup- 4th round lost to man city away
league cup- got to final but again lost to man city

changed a couple of things from the aresenal save i've swicthed the training from balanced to team cohesion still on high with def pos and no day off before game.And as i said i'm now using jp woodys teamtalks guide from his 352 tactic but i am now also getting the am to give individual player talks when available though there can be some negative reaction at times seems to be better than leaving them to the am

i have again used the player filter to get players in just going for best allround rather than specific skills after 3 tranfer windows i have just about got the best squad available for my bugdets according to the am,s realistic availabilty though with a bit of dealing have strecthed out the transfer budget so we'll see how the 2nd season goes i'll post result when finished

stfc exile

Hello guys.. I finally had time to play FM so I have used 4-4-1-1 Trequartista with Bayern which impressed me at champions league.
The main thing I found is that Mentality is very important to trequartista position.. You guys know that T.Kroos is world-class Advanced Playmaker so I really look forward for him to play like just what I expected! However, he was really poor...
Instead of him, T.Muller who have very high-quality of mentality had very exceptional games !!

View attachment 335653View attachment 335654

I think M.Ozil might not be the proper choice for this position... J.wilsher / Honda / J.Vossen would be the best player for this trequartista role.. If there will be chances, I'll use J.Vossen who you can get easily...

In general are people still using OIs with the brazil tweak and the 4231 tweak?

Secondly, if so, how many times are people setting the OIs during the game? (Is it simply a case of setting it once at the star of the game and leaving it, or do people reapply them again later in the second half?)

I still do, but I had to struggle to find which one of my coaches provide the best assistance. even though my assistant coach has the supposed key attributes the team just don't play as they should. I set the OI at the begginig, check at half time and again after opponent substitutions.

The Brazil 1970 Approximation

Background

View attachment 328674

For a while now, a little pet project of mine has been to try to emulate in FM2013 the 1970 Brazil World Cup team's tactic (see above).

I had an experiment a little while ago, with mixed results (see here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...s-training/114834-brazil-1970-*mirrored*.html) and I've been dabbling with it ever since. When seanhrfc posted his tactic, I saw the possibilities of adapting it to suit my Brazil 1970 tactic, and results have been quite good.

It's worth noting I use the word "approximation" with due thought - this is an attempt to form a decent tactic within the confines of the ME based on the Brazil formation, rather than trying to produce an identical tactic. Whilst the 1970 team are legendary, having such a focus on attack as this team did would not work very well in game.

Remember - the team may have won the World Cup with some style, but no World Cup winners before or since have ever conceded more goals during the competition!

The Formation

Here is how the formation lines up, with a heat map of how it actually appears on the pitch. Compare it to the original above.

View attachment 328675View attachment 328676

In comparison to seanhrfc's original, all I have changed are:

- Right wing moved up to a more advanced position and changed to IF (attack)
- Left striker moved back to AMCL and changed to Trequartista (the Pele role)
- Right striker changed to DLF (support)
- DMR changed to Anchor Man
- Right back changed to Wingback (attack) (the Carlos Alberto role)

The reason for changing the DMR to Anchor Man is to provide additional defensive cover on the right when the attacking wingback advances. Take a look at this screenshot to see it in action:

View attachment 328677

"A" is the overlapping wingback in the advanced winger position
"B" is the Inside Forward in acres of space
"C" is the Anchor Man covering the right wing

Results

I originally tested this tactic with Spurs, who seem to have almost the perfect squad. 5-1 wins against Real Madrid and Arsenal says it all. The addition of Wellington Nem in the IF role was especially effective.

I then started a new save using West Brom to see how this may work with a lower rep. team, and these are the results:
View attachment 328678
Not bad at all for a team of West Brom's position.

Sure, only half a season played so far, but then the whole point of this thread is to generate ideas and discussion to see what may be achievable, rather than fully fledged tactics with all the "I's" dotted and "T's" crossed :).

Dou you still use oi's?

The Brazilian tweak is incredible! Had to change a few things to fit perfectly, either on my Real Madrid save (flip everything to the left so I can play with Ronaldo on the left), and on my Vélez save (my left changes and changed the GK and CB instructions) and, wow, best tactic I've used so far.

Hi can you post the tweaked version you're using for your Madrid save? I wanna give it a try too. Thanks a lot!

Sounds good for getting most out of bale. Please can you post? Thank you

Sounds good for getting most out of bale. Please can you post? Thank you
For spurs, use the brazil1970 tactic already posted, using Bale in the left wing role and Wellington Nem as the right Inside Forward. I used Spurs as my test team when developing the tactic, and they are superb in those roles.

It's best to use a left footed player in the left wing role and a left (or either) footed player in the right inside forward role. Reverse all that if you want to play with a left inside forward and right winger, as you would with Real Madrid for example.

Hey, Yltan. Sorry for the late reply, ******* spring allergies. Here it is. I wouldn't call it a tweak, since I haven't made major or significant changes to the tactic itself, just flipped to the left as I said. LINK. On my Vélez save I did change the center back instructions from "ball playing defender" to "limited defender", and the keeper from "sweeper keeper" to "goalkeeper" as I found it to be more efficient on defense.

Also, I've been playing without any OI and I think things work better, but I don't really have a scientific prove for this ahah, I just think the results are better.

Would work system with winger, inside forward and partnership complete forward and advanced forward?

Will be stable?