Congrats on Europa League and a third-placed finish, not bad at all. As you said, 42 goals conceded isn't ideal, but it'll be very difficult to get around that with the policies you are playing with.

Good luck next season, still following :D

Have been a silent follower for a while but great result in EL Final.

Look forward to next update.

Thinking I may have to introduce a new rule in regards to youth recruitment. After three seasons I have taken in only two or three players in the youth intake with the potential of making it all the way. With players being released regularly I may need to work out a way to bring in potential for the future without limiting myself excessively in the senior squad.

Any ideas welcome. Or any tips to improve youth recruitment or development. Board already improved recruitment (supposedly) and facilities.

Thinking I may have to introduce a new rule in regards to youth recruitment. After three seasons I have taken in only two or three players in the youth intake with the potential of making it all the way. With players being released regularly I may need to work out a way to bring in potential for the future without limiting myself excessively in the senior squad.

Any ideas welcome. Or any tips to improve youth recruitment or development. Board already improved recruitment (supposedly) and facilities.

It's very difficult. I hired a new Head of Youth Development with very high Working With Youngsters, Current and Potential Ability attributes. It did help slightly but not a great deal.

Sam Allardyce takes charge at Stoke.

Chelsea win the Champions League.

Kenny Jackett takes over at Leicester.

Manchester United opt for Roberto Martinez after I had rejected the opportunity.

Oxlade-Chamberlain injured with a bruised rib.

Everton have bid for Szczesny rejected because it is not good enough.

West Ham make bid for Akpom but it is rejected as not good enough.

We sign Kevin Phillips as a coach.

Steve Clarke takes charge at Southampton.

INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLY

View attachment 271399A good friendly victory.

Mancini leaves City to take the helm at Real Madrid.

Transfer embargo placed on the club once more.

Bilic takes over at Man City.

Joel Campbell is sold to Fulham for £14M. (1 space and £20.72M to spend)

Mesut Ozil wins the Fans Player of the Year for the second year running.

Man City make a bid worth £62 Million for Oxlade-Chamberlain.

​DO I ACCEPT IT?

Transfer embargo placed on the club once more.

Joel Campbell is sold to Fulham for £14M. (1 space and £20.72M to spend)

Man City make a bid worth £62 Million for Oxlade-Chamberlain.

​DO I ACCEPT IT?

Firstly, you sold Campbell for an amazing price. I can only ever get 3-4 million him.

Secondly, this is a difficult one. He is replaceable, but you have an embargo in force and you don't know when this one will be lifted. If the offer is negotiable, try to squeeze a few extra million out of them, like round it up to £65m. ;)

Last edited:
Gabriel Paulistas work permit has been denied.

Gabriel Paulista rejects a £15 million bid from PSG-which is annoying.

We are named the richest club in the world.

View attachment 271290
Genuinely frustrating not to be allowed to buy players when I want at times. Look at the actual budgets I could be using this season lol.

View attachment 271289
The best 11 of the last season, no real surprises there.

Consortium takes over Arsenal and there are rumours that they are looking to replace me with Frank de Boer.

Barcelona make an £11 million bid for Hector Bellerin which was rejected.

Everton sign Szczesny for a fee of £14 million. (2 spaces and £34.72M to spend)

Everybody I was interested in appears to be getting snapped up whilst the embargo is still in place.

I am allowed to stay in charge and the embargo is then lifted.

We loan Martin Odegaard for a season from Real Madrid.

We sign Jeronimo Rulli for a fee of £10M (£24.72M left to spend).

Oxlade-Chamberlain out for 5-6 days with a stubbed toe.

FRIENDLY

View attachment 271288Cazorla, Ospina and Koscielny get three goals to make it nine for us. Ospina came on for an injured Akpom as the rest of the substitutes had all been used and managed to grab himself a goal whilst dabbling as a striker.

Right I think the best way I can help my future is to allow myself a new rule

Rule 6: I can bring players in for my under 21s and under 18s. This can be for free or using any money I have earned from the sale of players from my first team.

This is way I still stick to the other rules I set out, These players still cannot play for the first team unless I release or sell a senior squad player, but by being allowed to strengthen the reserves I have a slightly higher chance of securing a long term career at the Emirates and maintaining the homegrown element of the team as was the intention with the save (although it is proving harder to succeed in this)

let me know if anybody thinks this is a bad idea, I just cannot see it working with the lack of real options coming through the youth recruitment.

Last edited:
FRIENDLY

JIANGSU 0 ARSENAL 1 Wilson

Wilshere will be out for 2-3 months with a torn hamstring.

FRIENDLY

RENHE 0 ARSENAL 5 Welbeck (3), Chambers, Cazorla

I have taken in a selection of players on free transfers from the trialists match. These players are being placed in my under 21s and will bulk up my reserves. As per my rules they can only be selected for the first team when spaces become available.

Oxlade-Chamberlain is sold to Manchester City for £40.02M potentially rising to £62M.

We have 1 space and £64.8M to spend. Now because of Wilshere's injury I had to consider bringing in a really big name to fill the gap. We plump for Pogba despite him not being English, because at this stage we need quality first and foremost, Jordan Henderson was considered until I found out Liverpool weren't willing to sell him for even £50 million. So Pogba becomes an Arsenal player for £47.1M.

£17.7M budget left and 0 spaces.

FRIENDLY

ARSENAL 4 ARSENAL UNDER 18s 0 Ozil (2), Cook, Sanchez

Gibbs out for 4-5 days

FRIENDLY

ARSENAL 3 KV KORTRIJK 0 Sanchez, Welbeck, Ramsey

FRIENDLY

ARSENAL 2 ANDERLECHT 1 Sanchez, Cazorla

Disaster strikes as new signing Rulli is injured with a dislocated shoulder and will be out for 7 weeks to 2 months

Chelsea win the Community Shield.

So the squad for the coming season looks like this:

Goalkeepers: Rulli, Ospina

Defenders: Jenkinson, Bellerin, Chambers, Gibbs, Digne, Koscielny, Gabriel Paulista, Riedewald, Vallejo

Midfielders: Coquelin, Bielik, Crowley, Maitland-Niles, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cook, Odegaard, Pogba, Lingard, Cazorla, Ozil, Meyer, Parker

Attackers: Walcott, Sanchez, Welbeck, Wilson, Akpom

Last edited:
EUROPEAN SUPER CUP

View attachment 269190I hate Chelsea, we equalised and stayed on the front foot but again a late goal punishes us. Maybe being defensive after equalising would have helped but there are no guarantees.

Apparently I am on the verge of the sack, with it being reported by news papers and Lingard coming out in support for me.

Crowley unhappy with the lack of first team football.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 269189We come back from 2 goals down to draw 2-2.

Hope you don't get the sack. Enjoying this story too much. Hope your team brings you much success this season. Rulli looks to be one **** of a keeper!

Gabriel Paulista having work permit issues and wanting to leave due to not being offered a more lucrative contract.

Crowley out for 4-5 days with bruised thigh.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 269179Well we get our first big result of the season. But would you believe it that man Oxlade-Chamberlain scores against us at the first time of asking.

Walcott and Akpom unhappy with the lack of first team football.

We draw Blackburn Rovers in the third round draw of the Capital One Cup.

The Champions League draw sees us face off against Ajax, Steau and Shakhtar.

AUGUST AWARDS

Player of the Month: 1st Diouf, 2nd Ya Ya Toure, 3rd Cazorla
Young Player of the Month: 1st Grealish, 2nd Aarons, 3rd Galloway (Burnley)
Manager of the Month: 1st Conte, 2nd Holloway 3rd Me

LEAGUE STANDINGS

View attachment 269177

Typical of the Ox putting one past you XD fantastic result vs Man City, hope this kick-starts a winning league campaign!

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 268462Gabriel Paulista and Walcott add the fourth and fifth goals in a solidly comfortable victory.

Vallejo injured on International Duty for 5-7 days.

WORLD CUP QUALIFYING

View attachment 268459My new club signing seals the victory as we near qualification.

Arsenal have produced the most elite footballers across all the top leagues of all English teams (26).

WORLD CUP QUALIFYING

View attachment 268458We come from a goal down to seal an emphatic victory.

View attachment 268457A point in our next match against Belgium would seal first place.

France have risen ten places in the rankings since I took over. I have made the decision that I will resign following the World Cup irrespective of how well we do.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 268456This has turned into quite the positive start. Long may it continue, we appear to also be sharing the goals out.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

View attachment 268454We start with an away victory and three points in the bag.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 268453A good performance including Paul Pogba's first goal in the shirt sees us win another away match.

Walcott out for 5-6 weeks with strained knee ligaments.

Maitland-Niles unhappy with lack of first team football.

CAPITAL ONE CUP THIRD ROUND

View attachment 268452We come from a goal down with an impressive performance. Crowley adding his name to the growing list of goalscorers.

CAPITAL ONE CUP FOURTH ROUND DRAW Arsenal vs Millwall

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 268451We making this look easy now, unfortunately so are Chelsea.

Coquelin out for 4-5 days.

SEPTEMBER AWARDS

Player of the Month: 1st Ramsey, 2nd Kruse (Hull), 3rd Costa
Young Player of the Month: 1st Odegaard, 2nd Barker (Burnley), Aarons
Manager of the Month: 1st Conte, 2nd Me, 3rd Solskjaer (Villa)

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 268450

Yes, all results are going your way (finally!) :) keep it up, excellent start to the season.

Wilshere out for 3 weeks with a twisted ankle.

Wilson furious with me that he hasn't been afforded a run in the first team.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

View attachment 268220We were fantastic but Steaua defended heroically and we only manage a point at home, is Champions League glory going to be out of reach again.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 268219Another clean sheet and another three Premier League points. We were outstanding as was Krul in the Toon Army goal, only 3 goals on target from an immensely impressive 21 shots on target.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

We were fantastic but Steaua defended heroically and we only manage a point at home, is Champions League glory going to be out of reach again.

For some reason, this seems to be a reoccurring pattern in my game too; I've drawn 2 and lost 1 out of my first 3 games against Sporting, Athletic Bilbao and Steaua, coincidentally.

At least you're keeping it up in the league. Newcastle are my Premier League bogey team.

Digne injured on French duty and will be missing for 11 days to 2 weeks with a chest injury.

Arsenal have produced the most English National Team players with 3 more players representing England from Arsenal than the second highest Premier League outfit.

Koscielny has decided he is homesick and therefore I have granted him a temporary leave of absence in the hope he will come back with a clear head.

Cazorla out for 2-3 weeks with groin strain.

WORLD CUP QUALIFYING

View attachment 268218
Oh dear, what had been a fantastic campaign now looks in danger, with us being joint on points with Belgium now.

Ramsey injured on international duty, out for 2-3 weeks.

WORLD CUP QUALIFYING

View attachment 268217And we qualify for the playoffs only! So frustrating but Belgium won their last match and we could only manage a goalless draw.

View attachment 2682151 goal would have been enough in that last match.

We draw Northern Ireland in the playoffs.

Crowley still unhappy with lack of first team football.

France drop 12 places to 23rd in the World rankings.

Vallejo is still unhappy with the lack of first team football, fortunately Koscielny's absence means that there may be more opportunity for him in the first team squad.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 268210Forest play well but we pick up another 3 points.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

View attachment 268208Our European challenge is back on track.

Akpom still unhappy with lack of football.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 268207Already this is probably my best season for away wins. The clean sheets are rising as well.

We have now won 8 matches in a row in the Premier League.

Wilshere out for 3 weeks with a twisted ankle.

CAPITAL ONE CUP FOURTH ROUND

View attachment 268206League one Millwall prove no match for us even with a heavily rotated squad. Maitland-Niles and James Wilson add two further goals to complete the 6 goal winning margin.

Crowley and Akpom are both out for 4-5 days with bruised ribs.

OCTOBER AWARDS

Player of the Month: 1st Meyer (Arsenal), 2nd Mata (Man United), 3rd Azpilicueta (Chelsea)
Young Player of the Month: 1st Aarons (Hull), 2nd Parker (Arsenal), 3rd Cook (Arsenal)
Manager of the Month: 1st Conte (Chelsea), 2nd Thickett (Arsenal), 3rd Villas-Boas (Everton)

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 268205

Things are looking good, but Chelsea looking unstoppable at the moment. Keep it up though, they're sure to slip up soon!