If you look at my past cup ties it has been that way normally, Capital One Cup this season was Chelsea, Spurs then the Liverpool match.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 272840Nothing like Football Manager to bring you crashing back down following a manager of the month award. I couldn't even field a fully fit first team let alone a match day squad, there was only one day between the last match and this match which did me no favours at all.

Jenkinson out for 3-4 days with food poisoning.

FA CUP THIRD ROUND

View attachment 272839
If it hadn't been comfortable serious questions would have been asked believe me. Cazorla added the fourth goal of the match.

We draw Bolton at home in the Fourth Round of the FA Cup.

Coquelin out with a twisted knee for 12 days to 2 weeks.

Wilson unhappy with the lack of first team football.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 272838
Three injuries in this match made the second half far more interesting then it needed to be.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 272837It is nice to see Akpom scoring more frequently and Meyer is developing nicely.

Szczesny wants to leave due to lack of first team football.

Oxlade-Chamberlain out for 2-3 days with the flu.

FA CUP FOURTH ROUND

View attachment 272836Another home victory but I don't know if I should be annoyed or concerned at the fact my strikers aren't dominating the scoring charts.

Wilson out for 5-6 days with a bruised shin.

FA Cup fifth round draw sees us tied away to............ yes you probably saw a fixture like this coming........... Man United.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 272834We come from behind twice to secure another victory.

JANUARY AWARDS

Player of the Month: 1st Coutinho (Man City), 2nd Balotelli, 3rd Ki Sung-Yeung
Young Player of the Month: 1st Rashford (Wigan), 2nd Origi (Newcastle), 3rd Poyet
Manager of the Month: 1st Mancini, 2nd Me, 3rd Rodgers

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 272023A fantastic a way result, after the drubbing we received in the cup, at 1-0 I feared a repeat but a Sanchez hat trick and a Joel Campbell penalty secured a famous victory.

West Ham sack Sam Allardyce.

EUROPA LEAGUE

View attachment 272022I will always take a draw away from home, especially with an away goal thrown in for good measure.

Tony Pulis takes charge at West Ham.

FA CUP FIFTH ROUND

View attachment 272021We plummet out of the FA Cup to a solid Man United performance.

Despite no interest being shown Danny Welbeck wants to join Manchester City.

EUROPA LEAGUE

View attachment 272020We dump Sporting out of the Europa League and progress to the next round with a comprehensive 4-0 victory.

We draw Lazio in the next round of the competition.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 272019An 89th minute own goal gains QPR a point and loses us two.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 272015There is no consistency in this team at the moment, not that I am complaining after a good win against United but it does make the 1-1 draw with QPR that little bit more frustrating.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 27201142 shots and we still only win by two goals.

Sanchez out with a bruised rib for 4-5 days.

Bellerin out for 2-3 days.

Man United win the Capital One Cup.

FEBRUARY AWARDS

Player of the Month: 1st Berahino, 2nd Sturridge, 3rd Cornelius (Norwich)
Young Player of the Month: 1st McGrandles, 2nd Williams (Fulham), 3rd Grealish
Manager of the Month: 1st Me, 2nd Garcia, 3rd Rodgers

Good update, only defeat was vs. United in the cup - always difficult to go to Old Trafford and get a result. I bet the QPR game felt like a defeat too.

How's the league table looking?

EUROPA LEAGUE

View attachment 272010Two own goals give us a good 3-1 1st leg victory, but in all honest on the balance of play it was a victory we richly deserved.

Mertesacker wants to leave the club and so is offered to clubs immediately as I don't believe there is a future for him here.

Mertesacker agrees to join CSKA at the end of the season for £2.1M (1 player space will be available and £6.72M to spend)

I agree a deal to sign Devante Parker at the end of his contract on a free.

EUROPA LEAGUE

View attachment 272009We win the second leg as well and progress 6-3 on aggregate.

We have an embargo placed on transfers amid rumours of a takeover bid.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 272008Cazorla adds the fourth goal as we continue with our recent impressive form.

Koscielny unhappy with lack of first team football.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 272006FML I got proper FM'd. Three times as many shots and yet we get trounced. Unbelievable.

Koscielny out for 3-4 days with whiplash.

The Europa League Quarter Final draw sees us tied at home for the first leg against another Italian side in the guise of Inter Milan.

Gibbs out for 4-5 days with a bruised thigh.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 272004A late Riedewald goal secures a much needed three points as we keep the pressure on Chelsea and City.

Digne injured in training for France and will be out for 7 weeks to 2 months with a double hernia.

WORLD CUP QUALIFYING

View attachment 272003On another day this could have been 10-0 to us but we leave it late before Payet secures the victory and we tighten our grip on first place.

Walcott and Wilshere injured on England duty and will be missing for 3 weeks and 12 days to 2 weeks respectively.

Bellerin wants Champions League football.

Sanchez injured on International duty and will be missing for 12 days to 2 weeks.

MARCH AWARDS

Player of the Month: 1st Costa, 2nd Doumbia (Man United), 3rd Berardi (Chelsea)
Young Player of the Month: 1st Origi, 2nd Gnabry, 3rd Williams
Manager of the Month: 1st Conte, 2nd Pulis, 3rd Neil

what role and position where you playing ozil cazorla sanchez and welbeck in your first season.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/atta...grown-legacy-tactics_-overview-overview-2.png

i played Sanchez in the AML position as a Ramdeuter, Ozil in AMR as an advanced playmaker, and Cazorla in cm as a roaming playmaker, but there is some rotation option there. I have a second formation now which involves three central attacking midfielders, with the most central being a trequartista, they can rotate in any one of the three positions.

Welbeck has played as a false nine on the whole.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 271775Welbeck added a fourth to secure three points.

Takeover bid collapses due to lack of funds, transfer embargo lifted.

View attachment 271774We are still well in the title race with important matches against Chelsea and City imminent.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 271773I would have to say we have probably just lost the league, another confused performance where players who have been performing just don't show up.

Wilson unhappy with the lack of first team football.

Maitland-Niles out for 3-4 days with a gashed arm.

Europa League Quarter Final 1st Leg

View attachment 271771A late penalty gives Inter an all important away goal. Hopefully there is enough strength in the team to do the business in the second leg.

We receive £425K from the Zelalem transfer (£7.14M available)

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 271769I have to say, the goalscoring potential of this team has dramatically improved recently.

Europa League Quarter Final 2nd Leg

View attachment 271768We defended well and were clinical when we did venture forward. We progress to the Semi Final where we will face Metalist.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 271767I don't swear at the computer often but I did following Costa's second goal. We were fantastic from what the extended highlights showed. But it was one of those occasions where when Chelsea attacked (which wasn't too often) my team parted like the Red Sea and let them through.

Vallejo unhappy with lack of first team football.

Wigan relegated.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 2717667 goals in 27 minutes of playing time, made this a match truly for the neutrals. We had to rely on that man Ozil again, who actually came on as an early sub following a knock to Sanchez.

Sanchez will be out for 7-10 days with a gashed leg.

APRIL AWARDS

Player of the Month: 1st Costa, 2nd Di Maria, 3rd Ozil
Young Player of the Month: 1st Alli, 2nd Williams, 3rd Ibe
Manager of the Month: 1st Conte, 2nd Mancini, 3rd Garcia

if you till have oxlade chamberlin how do you play him...i have an arsenal save too and the guy is immense as an inside forward(right wing)

****, unfortunate results against Man City and Chelsea. It was closer at the top than I'd imagined, but hang on in there. Bringing home the Europa League trophy would be an achievement.

Santi Cazorla is immense in the central midfield position in this game; I have him as an Advanced Playmaker and his form is unreal.

if you till have oxlade chamberlin how do you play him...i have an arsenal save too and the guy is immense as an inside forward(right wing)

I use him as an Inside Forward on either the left or the right side, and he chips in with a load of goals and assists.

He has had a few injuries fo me, but he has been a rotation option up to this point on the whole. But with Cazorla and Sanchez in their 30s now he will start to get more of a look in.

yeah was far closer than I was expecting, but getting dumped out of the Champions League was possibly the best thing to happen as we could end with a European trophy, which would mean another season with silverware despite the strict rules on squad building. Which is nice

That is a good win percentage. have you been restricted by any self imposed rules? I do feel in some aspects I have benefitted from the rules I placed on buying players. I have almost finished my third season so I will post my overall record shortly.

That is a good win percentage. have you been restricted by any self imposed rules? I do feel in some aspects I have benefitted from the rules I placed on buying players. I have almost finished my third season so I will post my overall record shortly.
yeah i am only buing players under 21...i have an amazing Italian Left back ( regen tho) he has been in the 1st team since he was 16

EUROPA LEAGUE SEMI FINAL 1st Leg

View attachment 271582Very disappointed to have conceded the away goal but very happy to have come back from 1-0 down for a convincing victory.

A second transfer embargo placed upon us because of a new takeover.

Wilson unhappy with lack of first team football.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 271581Super, Super Jack, Super, Super Jack, Super, Super Jack, Super Jackie Wilshere.

Leicester relegated.

EUROPA LEAGUE SEMI FINAL 2nd Leg

View attachment 271580An 8-1 aggregate win in the semi final of a European competition is not to be sniffed at irrespective of the opposition. An English trio of scorers also.

We will face more Italian opposition in the final in the guise of Fiorentina.

Koscielny unhappy with lack of first team football.

West Ham are relegated from the Premier League.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 271578A quality derby match, genuinely exciting. Another trio of English scorers with Gibbs sealing the victory in stoppage time with possibly my choice for goal of the season, a screaming, acrobatic left footed volley which bent into the top far corner.

Welbeck out for between 12 days and 2 weeks.

We qualify for the Champions League.

Welbeck and Bellerin happy to stay at the club.

Cook out for 2-3 days with the flu.

Gabriel Paulista out for 7-10 days.

PREMIER LEAGUE

View attachment 271577
Akpom scores his tenth goal of the season as we end the season with a very comfortable victory.

We finish in 3rd place in the league.

Man City win the Premier League

So the final league standings look like this:

View attachment 271574We finish third, a point behind second place. We also finish as second highest scorers but we do need to work on the defence. Szczesny has disappointed and Ospina, as in real life does a job but isn't a top top keeper, hopefully can strengthen but the restrictions and transfer embargos could make that difficult.

My current overall record:View attachment 2715728 players brought in over three seasons is not too bad at all, neither is the expenditure. Also I still have one match left this season: the Europa League final.

Diego Costa wins Footballer of the Year.

Di Maria wins Players Player of the Year.

Top Goalscorer Award: 1st Costa, 2nd Berahino, 3rd Lukaku.

Sterling wins the Players Young Player of the Year Award.

Golden Glove Award: 1st Courtois, 2nd Hart, 3rd Mignolet

Mancini wins the Manager of the Year.

Ozil selected in the Premier League Select Team.

Everton part company with Arsene Wenger.

Leicester sack Pearson.

Man United decide Garcia is no longer right for the job.

Stoke remove Eddie Gray as manager.

Tottenham finally decide to get rid of Pochettino

The takeover has once more collapsed and the transfer embargo has been lifted.

EUROPA LEAGUE CUP FINAL

View attachment 271406A Mesut Ozil goal after just 22 seconds set us up for what was a highly efficient performance. We win our fifth piece of silverware in three years.

Boro Primorac has retired from coaching.

Banfield has retired from scouting.

Owner Stan Kroenke has retired.

Chelsea win the FA Cup.

Garcia hired as Tottenham Manager.

Manchester United offer me a job interview to take over as manager of their team. Obviously I reject as I see this save as an attempt at a true long term job.

Andre Villas-Boas takes over at Everton.

MAY AWARDS

Player of the Month: 1st Depay (Liverpool), 2nd Johannsson (Southampton), 3rd Berahino
Young Player of the Month: 1st Williams, 2nd Rashford (Wigan), 3rd Bertrand Traore (Stoke)
Manager of the Month: 1st Me, 2nd Mancini, 3rd Rodgers