Arsenal FC - The Journey Continues

• Thread starter Thread starter SammyJH94
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 175
  • Views Views 41K
Glad to see so many people are still interested!

Will post the Final standings etc. of the 2016/2017 season which i posted up until December (i think) on the forum either tonight or tomorrow at some point and as im half way through the 2017/2018 season i will post a big update at the end of the season and start with monthly updates or something similar for the 2018/2019 season!

Thank for all the interest still shown on the story, appreciate it.

View attachment 341647

2016/2017 Season Recap

Transfers

View attachment 341648

Well as the only changes for you guys will be January as you can see De Jong was fit come transfer period and it was his time to go after a rather short spell with the club which was disappointing as i was expecting him to contribute much more here but as you can see his replacement (Carlos Fierro) was brought in before he even left as Carlos is only 22 and was unhappy at Chivas i had to overpay in both his wages and transfer offer as 10+ sides were after the young man. My other signing was Youngster Sandro Ban from Villarreal, he was being touted as young player of the season and impressing at Villarreal and i was planning to wait until the end of the season to ****** him but decided to grab him early although i do feel 14m may be something i regret doing for the young winger. (would show SS of both players but as im over 12 months ahead of when i signed them ive decided to leave it)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League Standings

View attachment 341651

Well it was yet another close fight for the title but we did it to win yet again for the 4th year running.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Spanish Cup

View attachment 341652View attachment 341653

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League

View attachment 341654View attachment 341655

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Well there you have it, the 16/17 season didn't fail to bring more success with Sevilla winning everything they were competing for and a comeback into the Champions League to retain our title off defending champions Arsenal!

My current season isnt failing to impress with a tight run at the top, up against old friends and a record breaking transfer for a regen ive been trying to sign the past 3 years!

View attachment 343191

2017/2018 Season Recap

Transfers

View attachment 343190

Only signed one player this season (other 2 by Head of Youth Development) and it was 20 year old Hector Lozano who ive been trying to sign for the past 3 years but just decided to splash out the cash for the striker as he has great stats for his age and will defiantly make the team stronger! Tried to sell both Fazio and Perotti but none where interested in a transfer.

Here is the man himself at the end of the season:

View attachment 343192

League Standings

View attachment 343193

Champions yet again! and unbeaten all season! and totally deserved as we played amazing not only unbeaten in the league but 60 games overall!!! best season in charge so far by a clear mile.

Euro Super Cup

View attachment 343201

Took a while to get going but once we got into things we cruised to a very satisfying result and yet another trophy.

Spanish Super Cup

View attachment 343203View attachment 343204

If i remember correctly this is the first final i have ever lost in and it was the worst way! after a great fighting spirit in the 1st leg i lost all but 3 first team players due to international duty!! so we were pretty much helpless and miss out on the Super Cup, raging.

Club World Championship

View attachment 343211

Spanish Cup

View attachment 343205View attachment 343206

Totally deserved to win this and was very happy we managed to get there in the end as we had some very hard ties and totally ***** slapped all the teams that came up against us, great cup run.

Champions Cup

View attachment 343209
View attachment 343210

Yet another CL trophy to add to the collection...

Overview

Euro Super Cup - Winners
Spanish Super Cup - Runners-Up
Club World Championship - Winners
Spanish Cup - Winners
Champions Cup - Winners
LIGA BBVA - 1st

Although i missed out on the Spanish Super Cup is has to be my best season at Sevilla with unbeaten in the league and currently 60 games unbeaten and still going strong! cant even pinpoint stand out players cause they have all been amazing!

Decided i will do a "Meet the Players" post before i start my new season and go back to monthly updates just to let you guys get a better idea of the players and there stats etc but first...

World Cup post will be up next!

Anything you guys would like to see or questions then feel free to ask!

Just read through it all. Well done on the success especially in the Champions League!

Pure domination now. Some superb regens too mate, cracking stuff.

Pure domination now. Some superb regens too mate, cracking stuff.

Thanks mate! yeah ive been delighted with it! makes me wonder if i should stay or if its time to move! not sure id have the heart to leave this team though haha!

View attachment 343950

World Cup 2018

Squad

View attachment 343954

Group Stage/ Results

View attachment 343952
View attachment 343953

Second Round

Holland 0-0 Spain (Spain win 3-2 on Penalties)

Tough game with with Tim Krul having a beast game for Holland as we just couldn't seem to get the ball past him, deserved victory in the end of what was a tough game.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quarter Finals

Spain 5-2 France
Iniesta
Isco(2)
Herrera
Llorente

Was expecting an even tougher game compared to the Holland match but we did much better at finishing our chances to stroll past a very good looking French side.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Semi-Finals

Brazil 1-0 Spain

There was only one team in the whole competition that looked as good if not better than us and it was Brazil, cant say i am surprised as they were the only team that probably could beat us, was a very close game with only the 1 key chance which sadly fell to Brazil.

View attachment 343956

So Brazil win the competition for the second consecutive time and deserved winners at that! i will be staying with Spain for the Euro's to try and get them a trophy, we also stay 1st in the world rankings despite crashing out in the Semi's.

Next Update will be Pre-Seaon/Transfers and then the Meet the Players post :)!

View attachment 343976

Pre-Season

Spending big yet again
in with the young out with the old
Straight forward Pre-Season campaign
6 Injuries going into season opener

Transfers

View attachment 343978

Omar Perrone - Bought for just under 20m as the Argentinean is only 22 and can play both CM/CDM he should be a strong replacement for Medel who has now left the club.

Alain Ondjola - The young Frenchman at only 17 is more for the future and not break into the first team until another 2-3 years, hopefully he lives up the the ability i hope he will reach!

Antonio Hernandez - Had to overpay for this lad and then again! 32m upfront and some over the next 24 months, been trying to sign him for 2-3 years off rivals Malaga and finally got the 6'7 Spanish Center Back.

Pretty happy with the players ive gotten, still deciding if Bruma should go now ive got 2 younger and promising center backs, really going to start and try sign younger players (15-17) that will be much cheaper but turn out to the standards i need and want cause o far im having no luck and having to splash big money on players...

Will show SS on meet the players update!

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 343982

View attachment 344015

Meet the Players (Part 1 of 2)

Goalkeepers

Brend Leno

View attachment 344016

Joined for 18m in the 15/16 season and has gone on to become a vital part of the team making 194 appearances so far.

Benjamin

View attachment 344017

Came through the youth system and decided to bring up as back up so i wouldn't have to buy a goalkeeper, bu sadly dosent look like he will have a big future at the club.

Defenders

Lucas Digne (Left Back)

View attachment 344018

Signed for 10m in the 13/14 and has gone on to make 153 appearances with an impressive average rating of 7.43.

Antonio Luna (Left Back)

View attachment 344019

One of the few remaining players that was at the club when i started, usually comes in second best to Digne but has done well to still be in the squad and still a part of the Spain setup, Not sure how much longer both will last though...

Jose Emiliano (Right Back)

View attachment 344028
Came through the youth system and although not the best stats i thought id give him a chance and he has been very consistent over the past 2 years.

Hugo Mallo (Right Back)

View attachment 344029

One of my very first signings from Celta for 6.5m, made 172 appearances with n average rating of 7.33, similar to Luna as within 1-2 years i feel they will be sold on for profit, Mallo is also in the National side.

Kurt Zouma (Center Back)

View attachment 344038

The machine Zouma! one of my best players and still at a young age, been the heart of my defense the past couple years and proved to be a key part of the team having made 169 appearances with a very impressive 7.72 average rating.

Toby Alderweireld (Center Back)

View attachment 344039

Another solid player in my team with Toby and Kurt proved a great partnership at the back, Toby has been a great servant for me making a total of 259 appearances with a solid average rating of 7.54.

Antonio Hernandez (Center Back)

View attachment 344040

Well after 3 years ive finally got him, Antonio "The Giant" Hernandez, 42m was over priced in my opinion but it had to be done if i wanted him, and at 21 i feel he will be a great servant to both club and country.

Jeffrey Bruma (Center Back)

View attachment 344041

Still a question mark over his future with the new promising youngsters in his position, but nothing can take away his loyalty to the team with 129 app with a 7.51 average rating.

Alain Ondjola (Center Back)

View attachment 344042

My other new signing at only 17 i feel this is more for the future as im taking a new approach to try and sign younger promising players and for 6.5m i hope Alain can develop and have a bright future at the club.

Midfielders/Attackers will be posted up tonight or tomorrow!

View attachment 344296

Meet the Players (Part 2 of 2)

Midfielders

Omar Perrone

View attachment 344299

Just joined for under 20m and i feel will be a great add to the midfield and a worthy replacement for Medel, funny how at 5'7 he is a fully accomplished center back lol...

Ezequiel Cirigliano

View attachment 344300

Probably one of my only signings i feel i didnt over pay for, not had the most game time compared to others and had a few dry spells but he has had his good moments.

Geoffrey Kondogbia

View attachment 344301

Out of players that were at the club before me Navas and this man are probably the only 2 left still can perform at a very high level, a rock in midfield and does his job very well, 245 app and average rating of 7.35.

Armin Lichte

View attachment 344302

Turning out to be a very solid player and still only 20 and been getting more playing time every season the future looks promising for the young German.

Marco Verratti

View attachment 344303

In terms of performances he is one of the best players in the team, his consistency is crazy and he can hit a wicked free kick, so many times he has been a game changer, well worth the 24m i paid for him.

Iain Welsh

View attachment 344304

Probably the best player to come through the youth system, was unsure to begin with but has developed really well and is turning out to be a great player, will probably never reach the same level as Verratti though.

Jesus Navas

View attachment 344305

Well i could talk about this guy all day, 32 and still in the squad and the most app for Sevilla of all time, probably not first choice anymore but not sure id have the heart to sell him, quality player.

Sandro Ban

View attachment 344306

Originally signed for Navas replacement but ive been dissapointed with his growth as its not really been the best but having said that he had an amazing season last year and if he keeps that up he will be staying for years to come for sure.

Luciano Narsingh

View attachment 344307

Never really cemented his first team place with all the other great players but been a great servant for the club, not sure if ill sell him on soon or keep him on.

Iker Muniain

View attachment 344308

Very good player who has had a few great years at the club and still at a pretty good age should have more great ones to come.

Attackers

Carlos Fierro

View attachment 344372

Took a risk in Carlos as i usually go for bigger and stronger attackers due to the way i play but 44 goals in 56 games is more than enough to show me he knows how to find the net, still fairly young at only 24 so his future it the club is looking rather good.

Enrico Guidetti

View attachment 344371

A shame for Enrico as he looks a beast for 19 but as Carlos and Hector are slightly more developed he comes in 3rd best all the time and hasn't really gotten as much game time as id like him too.

Hector Lozano

View attachment 344373

Well the superstar Lozano, 45m and at only 21 im sure he will become one of the best players in the game if he isnt already, look at those stats! great speed, strength, heading, he just has it all!

Let me know your thoughts on the team as id love to know what you think about the players!

Very good team mate, never been a big fan of Narsingh though. Had him twice on my games and is always average at best,

Keep up the good work

Very good team mate, never been a big fan of Narsingh though. Had him twice on my games and is always average at best,

Keep up the good work

Thanks mate! aw really!? i wasn't sure about him either at first but he makes a great inside forward on the left side, not really sure how long ill keep him but its a shame he never performed for you as he has been pretty good form overall with me!

View attachment 344559

August

Throw away lead at Nou Camp
10 men vs At.Madrid
Lichte ruled out for up to 2 months to add to the injuries
Fairly simple Champions Cup Group
Bruma to stay for time being

LIGA BBVA
Granada 0-
3 Sevilla
Ban, Narsingh, Guidetti

Good opener to the season, took us a while to get going but once we did we ran out comfortable winners.

---------------------------------

Spanish Super Cup 1st Leg
Barcelona 2-2 Sevilla

Bru
ma, Welsh

Was glad and dissapointed with this as we should o
f lost never mind 2-0 up so i was happy we made great use of our chances but disappointed we threw away a 2 goal lead, happy with the away goals and draw in the end.

LIGA BBVA

Sevilla 3-0 At.Madrid

Welsh, Fierro, Ondjola

Was happy with our performance as new boy Perrone got sent off just after 20 minutes, but we ran out easy victors against a solid Madrid side, was nice to see young Ondjola get his first goal so early in.

Spanish Super Cup 2nd Leg
Sevilla 4-0 Barcelona (6-2)
Cirigliano, Ondjola, Lozano(2)

Good win which gives us the first trophy of the campaign, good to see Ondjola get another goal and the whole team dominate Barca, never gets old!

Player of the Month

Jeffrey Bruma

View attachment 344561

Great start to the season for Bruma who played in 3 of the 4 games as Alderweireld and Zouma are both injured but showed his class this month and that keeping him for now was the right move.

Group F

View attachment 344559 View attachment 344562View attachment 344564View attachment 344566

Thought i was seeing things when Bolton popped up on my screen or maybe they had just got lost but turns out the finished 2nd last season haha! means we will face former player Medel along with Italian Champions and the team i support, Rangers.

Decided to leave out the league table for now as i only played 2 games

View attachment 344956

September

Inspiring Narsingh performance in Euro Super Cup
Alderweireld and Zouma back to full training
Benjamin unhappy with his game time and wants a loan move... he wont be getting it!
Hold at Espanyol in horrible match

Results

Euro Super Cup
Malaga 1-4 Sevilla

Narsingh(3), Muniain

Secure our second trophy of the season already with a great performance especially from Narsingh who bags a hatrick.

-------------------------------

LIGA BBVA
Sevilla 5-0 Hercules

Verratti, Ban, Muniain(2), Guidetti

Big win as expected against a rather poor opposition.

Group F

Rangers 1-3 Sevilla

Verratti, Hernandez, Fierro

Went a goal down early into the game and was thinking the worst but we came out the second half a totally different side and grabbed our first 3 points of the group.

LIGA BBVA
Espanyol 0-0 Sevilla

The most dull and boring game ive seen for a long time from my team, poor result.

LIGA BBVA
Sevilla 5-0 R.Sociedad

Ban, Fierro(2), Perrone, Narsingh

Great way to bounce back after our poor performance against Esanyol, great team play and lots of goals... perfect.

LIGA BBVA

Levante 0-2 Sevilla

Hernandez, Lozano

2-0 dosent justify our performance here, totally dominated from start to finish.

Player of the Month

Antonio Hernandez

View attachment 344960

Perfect start to his Sevilla career with great performances and grabbing a few goals, will be hard to choose my 2 center backs now Alderweireld and Zouma are back..

No table or Upcoming Fixtures as im currently close to finishing October so update should be up within a few hours!

View attachment 345218

October

Navas wants a new challenge at a new club!
The giant Hernandez bags himself a hatrick
Going strong in Group F and the LIGA BBVA
Reach my 400th game in charge of Sevilla
Extend my run to 76 games unbeaten
Play 1st Leg of Spanish Cup 4th Round

Group F
Sevilla 3-0 Bolton

Zouma, Ban, Digne

Wasnt sure what to be expecting from Bolton but no real suprises as i knew we could easily beat them, especially at home.

--------------------------------

LIGA BBVA
Sevilla 2-0 Villarreal

Ban, Lozano

Took a bit to get going but saw of Villarreal eventually, would of like to score a few more goals though! but im happy with the 3 points of course.

LIGA BBVA
Sevilla 6-1 Celta

Zouma, Narsingh, Hernandez(3), Verratti

Dominant performance with a hatrick for my center back who has started of his Sevilla career amazingly, couldnt of asked for a better start.

Group F
Sevilla 3-0 Juventus

Narsingh, Kondogbia, Ban

Easily the closest challenge in the group but im sure the away leg will be a much more interesting affair.

LIGA BBVA
Mallorca 0-2 Sevilla

Alderweireld(2)

Actually a strange one as we only looked a threat from set pieces which i was a bit annoyed about especially against a side like Mallorca with a strong 11 out..

Spanish Cup 4th Rnd 1st Leg
Sant Andreu 0-6 Sevilla

Zouma, Digne, Navas(2), Kondogbia, Guidetti

No surprise here, another solid win to keep the impressive form going.

View attachment 345244

Player of the Month

Sandro Ban

View attachment 345241

The team was rotated loads this month, but Sandro played great when called upon scoring and assisting in all the games he played.

League Standings / Group F

View attachment 345249
View attachment 345250

Looking good in both competitions so far, really want to try and win the league with a big points difference from 2nd place.

Upcoming Fixtures

View attachment 345258

Back