Arsenal Report - Zonal Marking for Gooners

Here's another one I like:

"The lack of trophies is intentional"

New Article | West Bromwich Albion 2-2 Arsenal: Gunners fight back from 2-0 down http://t.co/ecmSrXz

Touching on:

- Hodgson's tactics
- The absence of Fabregas and Song (and the impact of their replacements)
- The 4-2-4 formation for Arsenal in the second half
- And more!

I do believe Arsenal Report has had a couple of facelifts since I last posted.. Social networking icons added to the header, different layout on the landing page, and generally increased sexual appeal (if you like that kind of thing)..

Anyways, I'm writing an article which will be up either tonight or tomorrow looking back at the England - Wales game and analysing the performances of Wilshere & Ramsey - obviously JW got more plaudits since England won so comfortably, but Ramsey had a difficult task in escaping the attentions of Scott Parker and being the main attacking outlet for Wales. In the circumstances, he had a good game but didn't have a lot to aim for with his passing..

As usual, we'll have an IP and graphics =)

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:05 PM ----------

Some (early) lunchtime reading: Head to Head: Jack Wilshere v Aaron Ramsey (Wales 0-2 England) | Arsenal Report http://t.co/jpmeyyE

Sorry about the delay - Ix has been very busy this weekend, so no interactive pitch or graphics, but hopefully the article (written by me) will be good enough!

NEW ARTICLE : Arsenal 0-0 Blackburn: Samba shines as pivot causes confusion again - sorry for the delay! Arsenal 0-0 Blackburn: Samba shines as pivot causes confusion again | Arsenal Report

Discussing:

- Arsenal's failure to exploit width
- Why some of the substitutions were slightly strange
- Why the double pivot only works with Alex Song & Jack Wilshere, and why Diaby and Denilson are surplus to requirements!

NB: We've had serious technical issues this week, so the articles are slightly shorter (but with no less quality!) than usual & we're 3 days later than we usually are... It won't happen again with any luck, so please read and comment =)

---------- Post added 07/04/2011 at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was 06/04/2011 at 04:04 PM ----------

We're doing a live blog on realsocialdad[dot]blogspot[dot]com tonight - come and join us for some Arsenal & Tactical chat from 8-9pm. Be there or be square

NEW POST | Blackpool 1-3 Arsenal: Diaby Inspires Temporary Flash of Brilliance

Discussing:

- Blackpool's pressure and focus on the right,
- Arsenal's effective counter-attacking and how that changed in the second half,
- Kingson's innovative role as a sweeper 'keeper and how effective it was and,
- Diaby's temporary shift from "useless" to "world-class"..

Read, comment, spread the word!

Blackpool 1-3 Arsenal: Diaby displays temporary flash of brilliance | Arsenal Report

---------- Post added 12/04/2011 at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was 11/04/2011 at 07:32 PM ----------

NEW BLOG POST: Your Questions answered! FAQs about Stan #Kroenke’s imminent takeover bid | Arsenal Report Questions and answers about Stan Kroenke’s imminent takeover bid | Arsenal Report #Arsenal

---------- Post added 15/04/2011 at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was 12/04/2011 at 04:20 PM ----------

Some interesting stats I've been publishing to twitter (@arsenalreport)

On average, #Arsenal have completed 33 passes before taking a shot in the Premier League this season, and 222 before a goal.

Despite completing on average 30 more passes per game than rivals #MUFC, #Arsenal have scored 8 less goals than the Premier League leaders

In just 12 starts (6 substitute apps), @Persie_Official has become 3rd top goalscorer in the Premier League this season with 12. #Arsenal...

...With 12 goals and 6 assists, @Persie_Official has contributed to 29% of #Arsenal's PL goals this season and has been named MOM 6 times.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

NEW POST: Would Expensive Or Established Signings Equal Success And Trophies? | Arsenal Report

We'll be doing a collaboration with fm-base's very own Mike. (madhseep2001) for the Manchester United article tomorrow so no excuses for not reading and commenting!

---------- Post added 02/05/2011 at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was 30/04/2011 at 09:51 PM ----------

Arsenal 1-0 Man Utd: Arsenal’s youngsters blow title race wide open | Arsenal Report Arsenal 1-0 Man Utd: Arsenal’s youngsters blow title race wide open | Arsenal Report

2nd/Opposition report by Mike. (Mod)

Wow. We made it to the EPLTalk "Best Blogs of 2010-11" alongside arseblog and co! Show your support for us and vote...

You have until 22 May (17 days) to vote - we're currently ahead of 6 others at the moment - including a (the only) Spurs blog!

2010-11 Best EPL Club Blog | EPL Talk

---------- Post added 06/05/2011 at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was 05/05/2011 at 06:46 PM ----------

It's finally ****** here:

Discussion: Is the "poacher" the perfect Arsenal signing this Summer?

It's basically a big mud-fight between me and this other guy; A united supporter who runs his own blog on general football (but let's ignore that part!) - he says yes, I say no. For obvious reasons, including outrageous bias and the benefit of statistics and editing, I win.

Even though you're not allowed to make up your own minds, I'll let you look on in amazement and my incredible writing skillz (they pay all the AR bills/z):

Discussion: Is the “poacher” the perfect Arsenal signing this summer? | Arsenal Report

NEW POST: Stoke 3-1 Arsenal: Potters show Gunners how to win football matches

Discussing:

- Why Arsenal collapse every year
- The new midfield trio and why it's not quite complete yet
- Arsenal's inverted expectations: How Wenger thought Stoke would play, and how they actually did!

Right. I need writing ideas...

Planning on doing an article for STV Sport again after the season is finished, but I don't know what to write!

Will probably be in the AR-style: Tactical analysis with fancy chalkboards etc. but I need ideas... So far: An analysis of the Invincibles - Has Wenger, Arsenal (players not good enough?), or football changed? We'll be doing a season review anyway, but I've been told that that's not really the sort of thing STV are looking for in their new blog since it primarily focuses on something they don't cover!

Go!

We're looking for Full-Time writers for next season!

Writers would be 99% assigned to writing match reports, but occasional editorials are a possibility too. Match Reports, as ever, will be tactical analysis with graphics provided by Ix... If you're interested, send us an e-mail at:

info[at]arsenalreport[dot]com

... With a little about yourself etc.

Go for it Calum, you'd be brilliant as one!

Burn.

Not even a cliche comeback, Joss? Surely you have a thesaurus of them for your writing?

Of course, but Ix has to read it to him because he's frightened of long words.