Arsenal V Tottenham - Saturday 20th November 2010

• Thread starter Thread starter CJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 221
  • Views Views 13K
looked good value for the 3 points, although Arsenal pretty much just sat back and let them take it.
How is that really true? Yeah, fair enough they scored 3 goals in the second half but it was a very even half.

Last edited:
Admittedly Arsenal should just brush this off, seriously they were never gonna keep beating spurs forever. Congrats to Spurs

Admittedly Arsenal should just brush this off, seriously they were never gonna keep beating spurs forever. Congrats to Spurs
You cannot just brush off being 2-0 up and losing 3-2 against your rivals, at home, with a chance to go top. You just can't. :P

I dont really want to make a thread just 4 a stream, and there is no man utd thread available!

You cannot just brush off being 2-0 up and losing 3-2 against your rivals, at home, with a chance to go top. You just can't. :P

you are right, id probably be ****** if that **** city got a league game over us! :D

This particular flaw in our team is now beyond a joke. Everytime, every-f*cking time I swear compared to the rest of the team in the prem, we must have the highest percentage of goals conceeded from set pieces. I would actually go as far to say we are the worst team in the prem when it comes to defending set pieces. Who the **** has ever heard of champions that can't defend set pieces?
Ironically..

Which Premier league team conceded the highest percentage of goals
from set-pieces...? No surprise here - it was Chelsea.

http://www.sportsbettingxtra.co.uk/page.php?cName=World Cup 2010&pid=324

At half-time I had myself wondering about the consistency that they must have in their next few games to challenge for the Premier League title, and if they can keep their opponents at bay when at home.

Now, they have just dropped three points, missed out on the opportunities to jump past their fellow London rivals Chelsea, and have justified why some of the players in their team are not up to the standard that they may have, ie Squillaci, Koscielny.

But, shifting towards Tottenham, good win, great comeback and a strong performance second half. Now it's time to keep it up. Their next game is against Liverpool and, if they lose quite bad in that game, then it kind of shows cracks in their chances of achieving European football again.

And, in terms of there being a shift in power in north London, not really. A good win, yes, but Tottenham need to be achieving consistent results where they don't slip up to smaller teams, as well as a top three finish, unlikes the Gunners.

Just got back from the game. Really annoyed at that performance. Cesc wasn't good enough, and we were far too complacent in the second half. Thought Defoe made an impact, even if it just forced Arsenal deeper, and gave Bale space to run at Arsenal. Talking of which, not very impressed by Bale today, scored a goal, but generally Sagna dealt with him well - no idea why he got man of the match tbh. Didn't see the penalty decision so no comment on that..

VDV scored the pen, but was poor in the first half, misplaced a lot of direct, diagonal passes to the wing and committed a lot of fouls.

Kaboul and Gallas were excellent, and Gomes made a very good save at 2-1 I think from Cesc, who was also poor.

Thought BAE could've cleared off the line for the Nasri goal, but not sure.. Chamakh did well for the goal, but wasn't quick/strong enough.

2-1 would have been fair I think. Don't think Spuds deserved to win at all, but credit to them for taking their chances.

Just got back from the game. Really annoyed at that performance. Cesc wasn't good enough, and we were far too complacent in the second half. Thought Defoe made an impact, even if it just forced Arsenal deeper, and gave Bale space to run at Arsenal. Talking of which, not very impressed by Bale today, scored a goal, but generally Sagna dealt with him well - no idea why he got man of the match tbh. Didn't see the penalty decision so no comment on that..

VDV scored the pen, but was poor in the first half, misplaced a lot of direct, diagonal passes to the wing and committed a lot of fouls.

Kaboul and Gallas were excellent, and Gomes made a very good save at 2-1 I think from Cesc, who was also poor.

Thought BAE could've cleared off the line for the Nasri goal, but not sure.. Chamakh did well for the goal, but wasn't quick/strong enough.

2-1 would have been fair I think. Don't think Spuds deserved to win at all, but credit to them for taking their chances.

hard luck mate hard luck

Back