Arsenal vs Chelsea - Monday 27th December - 20:00

Could not agree more mate. I am loving that the youth are getting games. It's good for them and the club but they cannot make that step up yet. Faith is still with Carlo to decide what is best. Just hope Roman doesn't sack him. I just hope it is an exciting transfer window for us and as it has been proven so many times in this league you cannot write teams of the title race yet.

Bolton next which we should be winning but they will not make it easy for us that's for sure. Gonna be one **** of a season!
agreed, i just want to united to make the most of this. Sooner or later chelsea will return with a veangance, and i want us to be in as strong a position as possible when they do. The season is far from over, look how far off we were at one point, and we came back

Fair enough :)

Thought it was an excellent game for the neutrals too tbh.

CJACKO, what did you make of Essien and Lampard? I thought both looked a bit lacklustre tbh. Neither really looked like they could keep up..

Sorry for delayed reply i was taking the dog out yer they both did mate, i think Essien plays best when Lampard is at his best and that may take a while. This has been Lampards longest stint out the game since he broke his leg in his early West Ham days so he needs match practice and it may take him a month or so to get back to the Lampard we all know.

CJACKO sorry about my comments,never heard of the chant! (A)

Fair play to you mate and im sorry i called you a mug that wasent fair. I didn't mean it.

You probably should be winning against Bolton, however they've been in great form and you would only have had 1 day of rest. They'll definitely take you to your limits, and hopefully that'll be enough for you to drop more points.

Couldn't agree more mate. But still at the bridge if we were on form I would still be looking at a 2/3-0 win. Just hope the squad is fit and raring to go and show that we still are a force to be reckoned with.

agreed, i just want to united to make the most of this. Sooner or later chelsea will return with a veangance, and i want us to be in as strong a position as possible when they do. The season is far from over, look how far off we were at one point, and we came back

Too true man and this is why we are in the greatest league in the world. Couple of slip ups for Man U and Chelsea hit form in January then we could be looking at a couple of points between the top 4. Well one can hope for that anyway...

You probably should be winning against Bolton, however they've been in great form and you would only have had 1 day of rest. They'll definitely take you to your limits, and hopefully that'll be enough for you to drop more points.

Our home record against Bolton is pretty poor, i was there last season where me managed to win 1-0 but was very lucky to do so. I was also there in 2003 where we were 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go and i cant remember who scored to make it 2-1 but i remember Raidi Jaidi scoring the equaliser with a minute left. I also remember Terry scoring an own goal when they beat us 2-1 at the Bridge. I was more confident about the home game against Sunderland than this home game against Bolton and we all know how that turned out.

Sorry for delayed reply i was taking the dog out yer they both did mate, i think Essien plays best when Lampard is at his best and that may take a while. This has been Lampards longest stint out the game since he broke his leg in his early West Ham days so he needs match practice and it may take him a month or so to get back to the Lampard we all know.

No worries. If that is the case, then Chelsea could be in deep trouble for a while. They struggled without him for a long while, and then they finally put in an excellent performance without him against Spurs and only missed out on 3 points because Drogba missed the penalty. Then the game against United got postponed, and that was probably the worst thing that could have happened. The momentum you had from the Spurs game disappeared, and the team got re-shaped again with Lampard coming back in. You only had two players missing from what would be your strongest 11 (Anelka and Alex) so it's worrying considering the performance that you put in today.

Fair play to you mate and im sorry i called you a mug that wasent fair. I didn't mean it.
Do you think that Carlo will go to Roman for a transfer budget, hes only talked about possibly getting a defender, but perhaps a quality midfielder is needed too?

Really glad Arsenal won, would love to see them win the league this year now that Liverpool have got no chance.

They play some of the best football in the world, and deserve something.

Do you think that Carlo will go to Roman for a transfer budget, hes only talked about possibly getting a defender, but perhaps a quality midfielder is needed too?

I think he needs to yer, and i agree we need a defender and a midfielder but a playmaker link-up striker type midfielder. Roman has done alot for this club but we need abit more of his help here other wise we wont win anything this season. We need him to keep Carlo and give Carlo the some money to spend not the people upstairs, but i dout either of them will happen.

I think he needs to yer, and i agree we need a defender and a midfielder but a playmaker link-up striker type midfielder. Roman has done alot for this club but we need abit more of his help here other wise we wont win anything this season. We need him to keep Carlo and give Carlo the some money to spend not the people upstairs, but i dout either of them will happen.
getting rid of carlo would be a terrible terrible idea, and i do hope roman doesnt go that way, there is clearly some politics going on upstairs and its getting in the way of the club running smoothly

getting rid of carlo would be a terrible terrible idea, and i do hope roman doesnt go that way, there is clearly some politics going on upstairs and its getting in the way of the club running smoothly

Even before Roman bought the club the former owner Bates was very annoying and ruthless at times. But it has been much worse since Roman has taken over and in a way you cant blame him, he hasen't got to where he is now by not being ruthless and my view is that he has alot of yes men around him. I had a look at the board from Roman down and alot of the men are his own personal men or men who arn't known in football so they will only say what he wants to hear.

I think they should and need to appoint a former Chelsea man in the board somewhere as Utd has Charlton. Im thinking someone like Ron Harris or Kerry Dixon just to advise Roman what impact his calls will have on the club and the fans. If they don't want to do it i would love to do it and i would do it for nothing.

Even before Roman bought the club the former owner Bates was very annoying and ruthless at times. But it has been much worse since Roman has taken over and in a way you cant blame him, he hasen't got to where he is now by not being ruthless and my view is that he has alot of yes men around him. I had a look at the board from Roman down and alot of the men are his own personal men or men who arn't known in football so they will only say what he wants to hear.

I think they should and need to appoint a former Chelsea man in the board somewhere as Utd has Charlton. Im thinking someone like Ron Harris or Kerry Dixon just to advise Roman what impact his calls will have on the club and the fans. If they don't want to do it i would love to do it and i would do it for nothing.
something tells me this is what happened over Wilkins, some disagreement over the direction of the club, and Wilkins was effectively pushed out.

Hey Jacko (or any other Chelsea fan) what do you think of Kalou? My friend (another chelsea fan) can't stand him snd think he needs to be replaced, personally I think he's being too harsh on him.

something tells me this is what happened over Wilkins, some disagreement over the direction of the club, and Wilkins was effectively pushed out.

Your proberly right, apparently he fell out with Roman when we got knocked out the CL last season. So my guess would be Wilkins being a Chelsea fan/legend stood up for the club and said stuff Roman didn't want to hear.

Pwnd =)

Went to the game tonight, electric atmosphere and a quality game too IMO.

Song took the first goal really well I thought, probably would/should have been a penalty had he not buried it (Fabregas was definitely tripped by Ferreira but that's now moot), RVP and Theo and Cesc didn't look fit in the first half, but a terrific 2nd half by the latter two - a goal and an assist for both...

Hate to troll but it's great to see Cashley Hole having a bad game, Ramires didn't look great either when he came on and Ferreira was so poor at RB - Nasri didn't have a huge influence on the game, but he drifted around the pitch and just wasn't picked up by anyone, almost scored with a beautiful chip at the end of the first half b4 Song's goal. Basic mistakes for the second two goals, gave the ball away and pushed far too high up, Walcott was always going to make that run and he did it twice in about 2 minutes and we scored twice.. Fabianski and the CBs were very good (The GK's handling was very good, and he was brave, Cech on the other hand dropped it several times) Clichy was allowed to push up because Ferreira isn't as attack minded as Bosingwa and Nasri tracked back and tackled Kalou several times, Wilshere and Song also covered very well. Wilshere was outstanding for me, composed on the ball, hardworking and did well to cover in the AMC slot when Cesc dropped deep, helping set up the first goal.

Drogba was surprisingly non-existent, though he made some dangerous runs in the 1st H, then started getting beat in the air by Kosc and Djourou.

Overall, a very good performance against a poor Cheatski side out of form, but took our chances well (We also had a couple more chances through Theo, Nasri, RVP and Diaby) - Their only real threat was from set-pieces (I didn't see their goal properly, but Ivanovic free header - Really?) and Drogba has a half chance which he smashed just wide about half an hour in.

Hey Jacko (or any other Chelsea fan) what do you think of Kalou? My friend (another chelsea fan) can't stand him snd think he needs to be replaced, personally I think he's being too harsh on him.

Kalou should never start a match, he is an impact player who runs at defenders and makes a difference when he comes on late against tired defenders. Hes finishing is also pretty poor but he is a good man to have in the dressing room and has scored some big goals for us. So my conclution is he isen't good enough to start for Chelsea but would be a excellent sub.

Pwnd =)

Went to the game tonight, electric atmosphere and a quality game too IMO.

Song took the first goal really well I thought, probably would/should have been a penalty had he not buried it (Fabregas was definitely tripped by Ferreira but that's now moot), RVP and Theo and Cesc didn't look fit in the first half, but a terrific 2nd half by the latter two - a goal and an assist for both...

Hate to troll but it's great to see Cashley Hole having a bad game, Ramires didn't look great either when he came on and Ferreira was so poor at RB - Nasri didn't have a huge influence on the game, but he drifted around the pitch and just wasn't picked up by anyone, almost scored with a beautiful chip at the end of the first half b4 Song's goal. Basic mistakes for the second two goals, gave the ball away and pushed far too high up, Walcott was always going to make that run and he did it twice in about 2 minutes and we scored twice.. Fabianski and the CBs were very good (The GK's handling was very good, and he was brave, Cech on the other hand dropped it several times) Clichy was allowed to push up because Ferreira isn't as attack minded as Bosingwa and Nasri tracked back and tackled Kalou several times, Wilshere and Song also covered very well. Wilshere was outstanding for me, composed on the ball, hardworking and did well to cover in the AMC slot when Cesc dropped deep, helping set up the first goal.

Drogba was surprisingly non-existent, though he made some dangerous runs in the 1st H, then started getting beat in the air by Kosc and Djourou.

Overall, a very good performance against a poor Cheatski side out of form, but took our chances well (We also had a couple more chances through Theo, Nasri, RVP and Diaby) - Their only real threat was from set-pieces (I didn't see their goal properly, but Ivanovic free header - Really?) and Drogba has a half chance which he smashed just wide about half an hour in.

He had a bad game agreed, but how did your part of the deal do???

Also because of the scoreline and performance etc i nearly forgot Cech's save from Nasri, easily one of the best saves i have seen.

Kalou should never start a match, he is an impact player who runs at defenders and makes a difference when he comes on late against tired defenders. Hes finishing is also pretty poor but he is a good man to have in the dressing room and has scored some big goals for us. So my conclution is he isen't good enough to start for Chelsea but would be a excellent sub.
That's basically my friends conclusion, so you think he needs to be replaced? Since I thought you guys usually start with Malouda(left), Drogba, Kalou(right)

He had a bad game agreed, but how did your part of the deal do???

Also because of the scoreline and performance etc i nearly forgot Cech's save from Nasri, easily one of the best saves i have seen.

Thought Walcott was pretty **** poor in the first half but still looked dangerous, got in behind several times but touch/decision making let him down before goal and assist... Also tracked back well, was saying to my dad that the advantage with him (which is annoying at other times) is he always wants to pick the ball up in a deep position and play one-twos or run with it, not just run off the shoulder etc. In this game, that meant him helping Sagna deal with Kalou and his pace meant Cashley couldn't get forward as much as he likes - He didn't give enough support to/got no support at all from Kalou though.