Arsenal vs Chelsea - Monday 27th December - 20:00

leave it open. ill just hand out infractions for those too stupid or stubborn to heed previous warnings

Fair enough :)

Thought it was an excellent game for the neutrals too tbh.

CJACKO, what did you make of Essien and Lampard? I thought both looked a bit lacklustre tbh. Neither really looked like they could keep up..

Even with all players back fit (Alex, Yossi and zhirkov etc) we still would of sturggled tonight imo. Squad need strengthening as we can't rely on youth. Not one striker on the bench tonight and we needed someone different to try break through a solid arsenal defence.

Theo was impressive tonight, Cashley looked like he didn't know how to handle him, good to see as a young Englishmen ripping apart the best English left back available. fantastic game for the football fan.

At least we dont play Chelsea again in the league untill 11/12 :)

We beat them 3-1 with a fine performance, and Chelsea in deep ****? I'd like to play them every week.

was very surprised with arsenal's centre backs tonight looked very solid and seemed to have drogba in the pocket.

was very surprised with arsenal's centre backs tonight looked very solid and seemed to have drogba in the pocket.

tbh i think it was more of a case of Chelsea offered next to nothing up front and they were not tested.....

But it was a great win for Arsenal and even better for Utd i'd say lol.

Chelsea have gone to pieces i mean they need to do something drastically in January take a look at there bench and Drogba looked useless up front practically on his own..... Lampard did not have an impact..... then they brought on Kakuta lol.

Very surprised by chelsea's performance considering they had lampard back. The third goal seemed to give chelsea the kick they needed but they came up against a good arsenal display. Should be interesting how chelsea respond considering they only have one day to rest.

What have we found out about Arsenal football club today? Are we convinced we can mix it with the bigger clubs in the league? Why ever doubt the team led by Arsene Wenger, top 4 every season he's been full manager and has reached more semi finals than seasons in charge.

I for one have never doubted Arsenal, but i don't for a second see this slump of chelsea's "the end of there season" In the words of the somewhat iconic Ray Wilkins, "arsenal were many points behind last season and clawed them back, they will do it again this season" this being said when Chelsea were sitting pretty at the top and were celebrating a 2-0 win over Arsenal. If Arsenal, the team who haven't won a trophy in many seasons can summon the confidence to get out of a slump, a mentally strong team like Chelsea will do the same.

Whilst many of us will be out in the January sales, Chelsea will be spend spend spending, but is spending the answer to problems? Talking about consistantly then perhaps if you look how far chelsea have come, but adding new faces into a team in January in the middle of a meltdown probally not the right answer, team spirit and belief as proved by Arsenal today will prevail.

As for the comments throwing about of "5 years without a trophy" by chelsea fans, remember it took you 50 odd years to win a league title and you have to question if you ever would have done it without the millions.

In conclusion a fully deserved win for Arsenal, Chelsea will be back in 2011 and i for one am looking forward to a great title race.

tbh i think it was more of a case of Chelsea offered next to nothing up front and they were not tested.....

But it was a great win for Arsenal and even better for Utd i'd say lol.

Chelsea have gone to pieces i mean they need to do something drastically in January take a look at there bench and Drogba looked useless up front practically on his own..... Lampard did not have an impact..... then they brought on Kakuta lol.

seems that the were dealing with the basic things that they have troubles with usually much better ( except the goal ) they seemed to handle every set piece with ease

Even with all players back fit (Alex, Yossi and zhirkov etc) we still would of sturggled tonight imo. Squad need strengthening as we can't rely on youth. Not one striker on the bench tonight and we needed someone different to try break through a solid arsenal defence.
you just looked so flat, no real fire, even drogba was subdued. thing is, there is too big a gap between the somewhat aging key players and the promising youth, there isnt enough quality in between. Lampard is irreplaceable ,but you dont have creative mid to cover, apart from McEachran but you cannot expect a 17 year old to cover for one of the finest mids in the world

Very surprised by chelsea's performance considering they had lampard back. The third goal seemed to give chelsea the kick they needed but they came up against a good arsenal display. Should be interesting how chelsea respond considering they only have one day to rest.

He only cam back tonight, so he won't be at 100% Not sure you can say surprised at Chelsea, they have been and still are having a rough time, but don't rule them out, they have more chance of winning the league than Arsenal have, now that's just my opinion, so so sorry arsenal (A)

Im touched by how many people are requesting me on here i will always come online as why should i shy away from things. But i think people judge me massivly unfairly as they haven't even heard my take on the game yet as i was watching it so i couldnt comment on here. At the end of the day Arsenal deserved to win the game first half and second half simple as that. We didin't turn up until we were 3-0 down and your not going to win games like that no matter how good you are.

Was good to see Lampard play 90minutes as he needs it and saw a few good things from him today. We were relying too much on Drogba today and it isen't fair on him, i know he has a excellent record against Arsenal but he is only human and a human who has been suffering from a pretty bad illness.

Although i would do anything not to see Carlo leave i do fear for his job as Abramovic as we know is ruthless in his approach. I think the game was summed up when we brang on Kakuta to try and change the game, yes our squad is a little thin in expirenece but lets not forget we are missing Benayoun and Zhirkov who are both very expirienced at International and Champions League level.

Roll on Wednesday, no matter what i love nothing more than watching my side play.

Did i say that??

That chant is starting to go around the Bridge by the older fans who supported the side while we where ****. The chant isen't to say we are back winning again it is the total opposite so makes you look like a right mug.

Again where did i say that??

Didier Drogba, you know the lad who has scored 13 in 14 games against you?? Surely you can remember him.
CJACKO sorry about my comments,never heard of the chant! (A)

There's no stop gap in the Chelsea squad IMO. They have the top, top quality starting XI, then a few good back ups and the rest of the squad is youngster. Whereas the likes of Manchester United, Man City and even Arsenal and Spurs have god real quality that can cover in every position.

Chelsea need to invest in the Summer big time. They had a clearout last summer but didn't replace anyone and now they're suffering the consequences of it. Next summer they need to bring in 4 or 5 players that even if they aren't household names are good enough to cover for the likes of Drogba and Lampard if they get injured, which will become more and more frequent considering there age.

Arsenal pressed Chelsea to great effect tonight, I really hope that they are that brave against Barcelona.

I also think that those Chelsea fans suddenly demanding transfers this January are slightly jumping the gun. Once Lampard is up and running again, and Malouda and Drogba re-find their form, Chelsea will go back to destroying teams as they did in the early stages of the season. Buying more players isn't always the answer, especially when you have talent such as Mceachran, Kakuta and Sturridge who need the first team experience. Thank god some of you lot aren't chairman...

Just a question, noticed on Sky Sports they mentioned Fabregas was old enough to drink the champagne he got for MOTM however, do they still get champagne if they get MOTM on Sky Sports at the age of 16 or 17

you just looked so flat, no real fire, even drogba was subdued. thing is, there is too big a gap between the somewhat aging key players and the promising youth, there isnt enough quality in between. Lampard is irreplaceable ,but you dont have creative mid to cover, apart from McEachran but you cannot expect a 17 year old to cover for one of the finest mids in the world

Could not agree more mate. I am loving that the youth are getting games. It's good for them and the club but they cannot make that step up yet. Faith is still with Carlo to decide what is best. Just hope Roman doesn't sack him. I just hope it is an exciting transfer window for us and as it has been proven so many times in this league you cannot write teams of the title race yet.

Bolton next which we should be winning but they will not make it easy for us that's for sure. Gonna be one **** of a season!

Could not agree more mate. I am loving that the youth are getting games. It's good for them and the club but they cannot make that step up yet. Faith is still with Carlo to decide what is best. Just hope Roman doesn't sack him. I just hope it is an exciting transfer window for us and as it has been proven so many times in this league you cannot write teams of the title race yet.

Bolton next which we should be winning but they will not make it easy for us that's for sure. Gonna be one **** of a season!

You probably should be winning against Bolton, however they've been in great form and you would only have had 1 day of rest. They'll definitely take you to your limits, and hopefully that'll be enough for you to drop more points.

Arsenal played well tonight and deserved to win.

But your still gonna get pwned by Barca