Arsenal's GKing Situation

What a player wants accounts for a lot of transfers nowadays, more than ever: Lescott to Man City. Adebayor to Man City. Toure to Man City. Ronaldo to Madrid, Milner to Villa? The list goes on, if a transfer request is handed in, then there's very little a club can do to keep that player, they usually also then have to set a reasonable asking price.

Re: Price Tag - Why would Hughes possibly be that naive? Schwarzer would have a fit if Hughes asked for £10m, because he knows Arsenal won't pay that. GK's are valued a lot less than outfield players, even nowadays when clubs are paying £20m on a regular basis.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

To be fair, I understand your logic, but Arsenal in recent years just havn't worked like that. There's no way they'd buy the "next big thing" at top dollar, they either buy young and train them up, or pick off older players on expired contracts who want a CL swansong. I'd love to see Given, but obviously he would cost too much to force City to sell (being realistic they can "pull a Robinho" and just block until xfer window end).

MS would be a good contender as he's got the communication and presence that many keepers lack, and doesn't appear nervous in the same way as Almunia. However agreed Almunia is a decent keeper, I just don't think he's getting us to the CL final :p

Almunia is awful. He's just about better than Flapianski, who seems to have got worse instead of better, that SS article is talking **** about our keepers, Fabianski is not 'highly rated' by anyone, Sczezsney is though, but he's still too young, and inexperienced, so he'll probably go on loan.

would take given over ms any day, ms 4-5 mill, given 5-7mill at a guess, would prefer alder but doubt arsene would ever pay more than 7 mill for a gk.

What a player wants accounts for a lot of transfers nowadays, more than ever: Lescott to Man City. Adebayor to Man City. Toure to Man City. Ronaldo to Madrid, Milner to Villa? The list goes on, if a transfer request is handed in, then there's very little a club can do to keep that player, they usually also then have to set a reasonable asking price.

Re: Price Tag - Why would Hughes possibly be that naive? Schwarzer would have a fit if Hughes asked for £10m, because he knows Arsenal won't pay that. GK's are valued a lot less than outfield players, even nowadays when clubs are paying £20m on a regular basis.
Lol, you're answering your own question, look at those transfers you have mentioned, in each case, the player is moving to the side with more money that is willing to pay a ridiculous fee.

I don't think you get the point, so I will capitalize it for you. HUGHES DOES NOT WANT TO SELL MARK SCHWARZER.

Hughes won't let Schwarzer go cheaply, can't see him going for any less than 4 Million.

He's reluctant to pay over £15m for any player, so that's probably about right, depends on who it is though really, he does make one off 'big' purchases like Arshavin.

would take given over ms any day, ms 4-5 mill, given 5-7mill at a guess, would prefer alder but doubt arsene would ever pay more than 7 mill for a gk.
Lol, these made up price tags seriously make me laugh.

Lol, you're answering your own question, look at those transfers you have mentioned, in each case, the player is moving to the side with more money that is willing to pay a ridiculous fee.

I don't think you get the point, so I will capitalize it for you. HUGHES DOES NOT WANT TO SELL MARK SCHWARZER.

In most cases, the player is moving to a 'bigger club' or because they're unhappy - alla Kolo Toure, James Milner.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

We say 4-5, you say 15?? I think we're probably a little bit closer, when was the last time a keeper moved for 15, especially a 37 year old.

I think we should get Schwarzer. City will not sell to us, and you can see the success VDS has had, and he played at Fulham, so I see no reason why this can't be a similar situation.

I Agree
This could be a very similar situation to the Van der sar Transfer to Man United, Wenger should buy Schwarzer and hopefully he can help us improve are chances of winning the League .

In most cases, the player is moving to a 'bigger club' or because they're unhappy - alla Kolo Toure, James Milner.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

We say 4-5, you say 15?? I think we're probably a little bit closer, when was the last time a keeper moved for 15, especially a 37 year old.
I said 10-15, 15 being the extreme. All you need to do is look at Cesc's situation to see what I mean. Players feelings count for very little when the team in question doesn't need the money or cannot find a replace for the player in question (which is Fulham's case).

why ms is 37 is isn`t even worth 5 mill tbh but thats probley the value as the lack of good gk`s out there anyone who thinks his value is like 10-15mill is havin a laugh.

On the Fabianski situation remember this comment he made !

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f18/fabianski-issues-lehmann-warning-t3525.html

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

who do support

When Lehmann was in his prime and the first-team goalkeeper for Arsenal.That is no longer.

He looks like a hamster in that picture imo.

why ms is 37 is isn`t even worth 5 mill tbh but thats probley the value as the lack of good gk`s out there anyone who thinks his value is like 10-15mill is havin a laugh.
I don't think you guys understand Hughes position on selling Schwarzer...

schwarzer has apparently handed in a transfer request, but either way he isnt gonna cost 15 million, more like 5 at most

Further showing that he simply hasn't fulfilled his potential.

On the Cesc deal, firstly, he didn't hand in a transfer request, or at any point say he wanted to move, Barcelona and their players did, secondly that's one example, the majority of the time, it does matter.

Secondly: Fulham can find a replacement, and although they're not financially insecure (as far as i know) - they're not stupid, they know they can't ask for that kind of money for a 37 year old GK who has handed in a transfer request (according to Hughes)

I'm pretty sure if he was going to cost the 4-5mil you guys suggest, we would have bought him already, we are not that strapped for money.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Further showing that he simply hasn't fulfilled his potential.

On the Cesc deal, firstly, he didn't hand in a transfer request, or at any point say he wanted to move, Barcelona and their players did, secondly that's one example, the majority of the time, it does matter.

Secondly: Fulham can find a replacement, and although they're not financially insecure (as far as i know) - they're not stupid, they know they can't ask for that kind of money for mamy of their players (Hangeland, and maybe Zamora)
What? And Where?

If Fulham were to get a replacement for Schwarzer,who would they go for?

Stockdale showed he was decent in the game against Bolton on Saturday.

you havent moved for him because wenger is never one to rush a transfer.