Arsenal's GKing Situation

• Thread starter Thread starter Cloud~
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 100
  • Views Views 6K
I'm pretty sure if he was going to cost the 4-5mil you guys suggest, we would have bought him already, we are not that strapped for money.

What? And Where?

Friedel? Stockdale? They will, i'm sure have a number of options lined up.

It's not that we're strapped for cash, we have different valuations, Hughes will hold out for as much as he can realistically get, £5m ish, we offered £2m, and we need to be careful in our signings, it's not Football Manager where a scout recommends a player and you buy him 2 days later...

Friedel? Stockdale? They will, i'm sure have a number of options lined up.

It's not that we're strapped for cash, we have different valuations, Hughes will hold out for as much as he can realistically get, £5m ish, we offered £2m, and we need to be careful in our signings, it's not Football Manager where a scout recommends a player and you buy him 2 days later...
Lol, why the **** would Villa sell Friedel? Stockdale looked good in one game but is he really a good enough replacement for Schwarzer? Hughes would rather that Arsenal did not meet his valuation and he kept him, I don't understand why you can't understand that.. And yes, it is not Football Manager where when a player gives in a transfer request they get sold for what they are "worth".

Stockdale had a great game against Bolton and could possibly step up. We've had no contact since May though so Wenger could be pursuing other targets.

Schwarzer would be a short term solution to a potential long term problem in my opinion. Would be a waste of money. But on the other hand, I dont think you can sign someone like Smithies from Huddersfield and throw him straight into the big games of the Premier League. Akinfeev would be best option.

Lol, why the **** would Villa sell Friedel? Stockdale looked good in one game but is he really a good enough replacement for Schwarzer? Hughes would rather that Arsenal did not meet his valuation and he kept him, I don't understand why you can't understand that.. And yes, it is not Football Manager where when a player gives in a transfer request they get sold for what they are "worth".

Because they need money, because they have no manager...

Stockdale had a superb game against Bolton, but would need to be assessed for a little longer. Of course Hughes would rather that, but his valutation isn't £10m, because he has to be realistic.

Because they need money, because they have no manager...

Stockdale had a superb game against Bolton, but would need to be assessed for a little longer. Of course Hughes would rather that, but his valutation isn't £10m, because he has to be realistic.
Why do they need the money? Milner's getting sold for 30mil.
Why would Hughes be realistic if he does not want to sell?

Villa might sell Friedel because he's getting on a bit now. Also, when a player gives in a transfer request, that usually means they won't sign a new contract, therefore the club can't demand money. They either accept the deal or risk him leaving for free. Also, if Hughes had no intention of selling Schwarzer, then he would've played him at the weekend.

Villa might sell Friedel because he's getting on a bit now. Also, when a player gives in a transfer request, that usually means they won't sign a new contract, therefore the club can't demand money. They either accept the deal or risk him leaving for free. Also, if Hughes had no intention of selling Schwarzer, then he would've played him at the weekend.
He was injured.

Arsenal are hardly going to wait for Schwarzer's contract to run out, by that time it would be very much in Schwarzer's interest to resign for Fulham.

Schwarzer to Arsenal

Given to Fulham

Win win situation for us (H)

I doubt City will sell to Arsenal as they've already stated they won't sell any players to rival clubs.

Because that's why they're selling Milner and co. Lerner isn't Abu Dhabi, and possibly one of the reasons O'Neill left was because he wasn't being given money for transfers.

Because Schwarzer is already unhappy, and has handed in a transfer request, he'll be even less happy if he sets a ridiculous asking price.

He was injured.

Arsenal are hardly going to wait for Schwarzer's contract to run out, by that time it would be very much in Schwarzer's interest to resign for Fulham.

:O

That's not to say another club won't want to sign him.

Schwarzer to Arsenal

Given to Fulham

Win win situation for us (H)

I doubt City will sell to Arsenal as they've already stated they won't sell any players to rival clubs.

Hmm..

Schwarzer to stay

Given to Arsenal

Win win situation for us (H).

Surely Fulham are rivals too, competing for Europa League spot, maybe more?

Wojciech Szczesny is your man, and he plays for you :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brPWeQIc4Eo"]YouTube- Arsenal's future: Wojciech Szczesny - The Wall[/ame]

Because that's why they're selling Milner and co. Lerner isn't Abu Dhabi, and possibly one of the reasons O'Neill left was because he wasn't being given money for transfers.

Because Schwarzer is already unhappy, and has handed in a transfer request, he'll be even less happy if he sets a ridiculous asking price.
I'm sure the 30m from Milner will be enough for them, at least for this season.

Schwarzer isn't Bellamy or Balotelli, he isn't going to let in goals if he doesn't go to Arsenal. He is a proffessional and Hughes knows that.

Hmm..

Schwarzer to stay

Given to Arsenal

Win win situation for us (H).

Surely Fulham are rivals too, competing for Europa League spot, maybe more?

I thought Arsenal were title contenders XD Aim low, then you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
:O

That's not to say another club won't want to sign him.
But would that club carry the same attraction as Arsenal? I doubt it.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Wojciech Szczesny is your man, and he plays for you :)

YouTube- Arsenal's future: Wojciech Szczesny - The Wall
After I got excited over Fabianski from a Youtube vid I vowed never to allow a Youtube video to influence my perception of a football player again :P

I thought Arsenal were title contenders XD

I thought Arsenal were title contenders XD
Aim low, then you won't be disappointed.

What? We are, sort of....
But Man City aren't for me. They have too many new players, and they're not really gelling, certainly by the looks of the Tottenham game, i don't think they'll finish in the top 4 this season either, but Fulham could well be challenging for 6th/7th if they have a good season.

Back