Arsenal's Invincibles Recreation: Early Tactical Development

Looks good for City from the off... :)

Walcott wont because he is, well, Walcott, need a more rounded player

Walcott wont because he is, well, Walcott, need a more rounded player

Unfortunately that leave me with left footed players pretty much, who won't cut in like Henry did :(

Cheers!

This is deadly with space!! Just beat Man.U with a brace from Suarez.

I'm having problems against teams sitting deep with "stupid" defeats and 1 draw. Still I'm top of the league with a game in hand which I think it's a great result. Liverpool has one of the worst defenses in the league and the other keepers suddenly become the nr.1 in the world when playing against us. Otherwise, I will be with much more advance with the football we play and chances created!

Will try to invest in January to some positions, specially in a player to LM role (normally it's Coutinho who plays there), a player to cover Lucas (DM) and a player to cover Gerrard (B2B).

Another masterpiece Sean. That's for sure!

Really interested to give this a go once it is the final product - not sure from Sean's comments whether it is yet.

Seems very interesting, that system that Wenger used those years was a delight to see, great football, how is the control mentality working for you, i dont know but since 14.1.3 to 14.1.4 im not convinced about that mentality, even though i used it a lot in FM2013 !! Nice concept and work !!!

Seems very interesting, that system that Wenger used those years was a delight to see, great football, how is the control mentality working for you, i dont know but since 14.1.3 to 14.1.4 im not convinced about that mentality, even though i used it a lot in FM2013 !! Nice concept and work !!!

so what would you change it to?

finished 3rd in league with villa, first season with a different tactic, so gonna buy some players for second season and get on this tactic. Just doing pre-season, not looking that good at moment, but it is a complete tactic change so gonna give it time

so what would you change it to?

Im not saying to change it as it seems to work well and for what i remember Arsenal always tried to control matches in that system, i have always liked to use CONTROL in my tactics in FM2013 but just wasnt able to use it with the same sucess in FM2014. :)

Ok guys, quick update on my save and a couple of questions.

Here's the fixtures, table and my squad:

View attachment 448861View attachment 448860View attachment 448859

The league should end now haha. Could be in even better positions if wasn't the other teams GK and some mistakes from my squad. I know there are some arguable decisions but I tried to keep this as realistic as possible. In the January transfer window, I'll change things a bit.

My questions are:
1- How do you cope in your squad with players with low rankings of teamwork and work rate? Are they suitable to this approach? Since I played with the Sacchi tactic last year, this is one of the areas I care the most;
2- When I'm winning I just change to the counter tactic (the same but is trained in the match preparation slot). Do you change anything in team/players instructions?;
3- Finally, from those of you who know better the English players. Who should I buy? I'm looking essentially for 3 positions. Cover for Lucas (BWM), cover for Gerrard (B2B) and a player for the LM role. I'm thinking in loan Luis Alberto and make Joe Allen a more support right defender. He has nice stats and it's a shame I don't use him.

Im not saying to change it as it seems to work well and for what i remember Arsenal always tried to control matches in that system, i have always liked to use CONTROL in my tactics in FM2013 but just wasnt able to use it with the same sucess in FM2014. :)

dont get me wrong i was not having a go just asking if control does not work what would sory if that came across wrong

In my villa 2nd season and first time to use this tactic. Signed Balanta for CB, got Couthinho for 18million to play behind benteke, and got Callejon and De Bruyne to play on wings, also Mitrovic as back up striker
pre season now done, ill let u know how it goes. My CM's are poor though, trying to get another signing in, if i can offload someone

will let you know the results