Arsenal's Invincibles Recreation: Early Tactical Development

I`m going to try it right now with my Fluminense save. Also any tips on individual trainning?

Ok, now with 23 games played, I'm fifth 7 points behind Man.U. But still have a great chance to qualify to CL and that is my main goal for this season.

However, I've to get back to Sacchi tactic in order to get more consistent results. I'm suspecting that the cause was my lack of good defensive qualities (Liverpool has one of the worst team in this subject. Was very surprised at this!!) and my strikers miss goals a lot. Even my victories were always by 1-0 or 2-1. When I was 1-0 down (mainly due to errors or bad positioning), it was almost impossible come back to the game. I mean, we create the chances and good chances but simple don't take them.
Other possible cause was my lack of depth in the squad and lack of good players to cover and even to be in starting eleven. Maybe when I start a game from the beginning I can pull better results.
Don't get me wrong. This is still a good tactic (as your and some of mine results prove) and I don't pretend to "delete" what I've said earlier in the thread. Maybe some tweaking would be nice. Probably, my suggestion is get more players onto a support role to create a more balanced approach. Maybe one of the full backs and one of the WM. After all, all of we, above the recreation, want good football WITH good results. And that wasn't my case. But this is just an opinion.

But as I said, I suspect that if I start a save from the beginning with this approach and the right players the outcome can be different.

Just tell me what you think.
Cheers!

Expectations are high.

Last edited:
FML.

This morning I managed to fall from the top to the bottom of my stairs. Luckily all I have is a sprained ankle, but my laptop was far worse off and will need to be sent off for a screen repair. Such a clumsy *******.

I'm currently installing FM14 on my backup laptop, which is low spec in comparison so I can't imagine I will be able to run many leagues. I will however be having a few test saves with this tactic. I had made some tweaks already and I will continue to do so.

Ok, now with 23 games played, I'm fifth 7 points behind Man.U. But still have a great chance to qualify to CL and that is my main goal for this season.

However, I've to get back to Sacchi tactic in order to get more consistent results. I'm suspecting that the cause was my lack of good defensive qualities (Liverpool has one of the worst team in this subject. Was very surprised at this!!) and my strikers miss goals a lot. Even my victories were always by 1-0 or 2-1. When I was 1-0 down (mainly due to errors or bad positioning), it was almost impossible come back to the game. I mean, we create the chances and good chances but simple don't take them.
Other possible cause was my lack of depth in the squad and lack of good players to cover and even to be in starting eleven. Maybe when I start a game from the beginning I can pull better results.
Don't get me wrong. This is still a good tactic (as your and some of mine results prove) and I don't pretend to "delete" what I've said earlier in the thread. Maybe some tweaking would be nice. Probably, my suggestion is get more players onto a support role to create a more balanced approach. Maybe one of the full backs and one of the WM. After all, all of we, above the recreation, want good football WITH good results. And that wasn't my case. But this is just an opinion.

But as I said, I suspect that if I start a save from the beginning with this approach and the right players the outcome can be different.

Just tell me what you think.
Cheers!

Hi Jukilo, shame it lacked consistency for you. What kind of mentality did you use most and when did you switch between? Also what match prep have you been using?

I have made some tweaks that I feel have made it a) more balanced b) plays more like the Arsenal 03/04 team and I will update this once I've given a bit of testing.

I`m going to try it right now with my Fluminense save. Also any tips on individual trainning?

Good luck. I'd probably just train in the roles of the tactic, however I'd pay attention to which players could use a bit of Quickness development particularly in the back line.

Interesting tactic, played something similar on FM13. Currently struggling with my Leeds game so going to give this a try now and report back my results.

Hi Sean! Hope You get better as soon as You can :)

I always start the matches with control. Just switch to attacking when I need a result and to counter when I need to protect the result. But didn't change anything in the instructions. Was afraid that I ruin the balance of the tactic.

Regarding training: in the general part, I've switch from balanced to defend and team cohesion. 1week for each. This was to "fight" my lack of quality which I've said before. And the team did get better stats. In the match training I switch between attacking movement, defending positioning and teamwork. Mostly of the goals suffered was due individual errors, as I said.

I guess this was due to diferent factors.

Thanks for your help :)

hi, is there any chance this tactic would work with the previous patch?

I will give this tactic a try with my rangers save and let you know how i get on. i have just finished my 3rd season had a very poor campaign finishing 5th. very hard to attract good players to rangers when you 1st get them back into the spl. Hopefully i will have a much better season this year.

This is actually the exact same formation I use in my new set for the old SPLIT 451 :D

Yes I remember the Split 4-5-1, not copying honest haha.

For anyone who wants to give it a go as it is now the file is attached in this post

Yes I remember the Split 4-5-1, not copying honest haha.

For anyone who wants to give it a go as it is now the file is attached in this post

I know :D My old split used different roles to make the split dimensions in the play, yours is rather different.

Will start FM now and plug in this tactic. The instructions are the same as in the OP? Training, strategy changes, etc..

Will start FM now and plug in this tactic. The instructions are the same as in the OP? Training, strategy changes, etc..

I've ditched the control strategy, just go attacking or counter now. Just earnt a 0-0 at Old Trafford, had 1 CCC to their 0...Osvaldo seems to either finish every chance he gets or miss every chance differing from game to game.

I've only used 'Tactics Only' and 'Defensive Positioning' so far.

I've ditched the control strategy, just go attacking or counter now. Just earnt a 0-0 at Old Trafford, had 1 CCC to their 0...Osvaldo seems to either finish every chance he gets or miss every chance differing from game to game.

I've only used 'Tactics Only' and 'Defensive Positioning' so far.

You're not happy anymore with the V1 ?
Do you advice to ditch the control strategy on the V1 too ?