Arsenal's Invincibles Recreation: Early Tactical Development

Just lost to Fulham at Anfield. 1-3. Bahh. The finishing of my strikers was awful and we hit 3 times the post! This is not a one game case. This has been constantly. Lost 1-0 or 2-1, creating chances (one of the reasons to not blame the tactic itself). This way there's no tactic that resists lol.

I really want to make this work. I'm gonna start a new save (not sure in which team though. Maybe Spurs or Arsenal) and build the squad around this approach from the beginning. Clearly it's not the tactic as I've some good results and others are posting it here too.

So, I need to be a little more annoying and make a couple of questions:
1- What about the training? What do you use in general, match preparation and individual training? About the general area, I will see the report and see what areas need to be strengthen and put it in general training. Liverpool defense were really awful. I know it's not only about the stats. Many "not so good" results, body language, etc. But I was having basic errors.
2- The players and their ppm's. Any specific recommendations in this area?
3- When you change to counter, do you change anything in the team/players instructions? I'll put the two approaches in the 2 slots in order to be trained.

Sorry to be a pain. Really. But all I just want is enjoy the game. And your tactic provide me some good moments.

Here's Teams of the Decade #9: Arsenal 2001-04 | Zonal Marking a great article detailing 'The Invincibles'.

Personally I'd go with the following:
GK - Standard
DR - Wing Back Support
DL - Wing Back Attack
DC - Ball Playing Defender
DC - Ball Playing Defender
DM rc - Defensive Midfielder Defend
M lc - Box-To-Box Midfielder
MR - Winger Attack (cuts inside)
ML - Winger Attack (cuts inside)
AM rc - Trequarista
FL - Inside Forward

Just lost to Fulham at Anfield. 1-3. Bahh. The finishing of my strikers was awful and we hit 3 times the post! This is not a one game case. This has been constantly. Lost 1-0 or 2-1, creating chances (one of the reasons to not blame the tactic itself). This way there's no tactic that resists lol.

I really want to make this work. I'm gonna start a new save (not sure in which team though. Maybe Spurs or Arsenal) and build the squad around this approach from the beginning. Clearly it's not the tactic as I've some good results and others are posting it here too.

So, I need to be a little more annoying and make a couple of questions:
1- What about the training? What do you use in general, match preparation and individual training? About the general area, I will see the report and see what areas need to be strengthen and put it in general training. Liverpool defense were really awful. I know it's not only about the stats. Many "not so good" results, body language, etc. But I was having basic errors.
2- The players and their ppm's. Any specific recommendations in this area?
3- When you change to counter, do you change anything in the team/players instructions? I'll put the two approaches in the 2 slots in order to be trained.

Sorry to be a pain. Really. But all I just want is enjoy the game. And your tactic provide me some good moments.

I don't quite know what's going wrong with Liverpool defensively, thats one part of the tactic I have found solid. With Southampton I've only conceded 5 goals in 12 games and I kept a fair few clean sheets at Arsenal despite a back line of Shaw, Chambers, Senderos and Zouma.

I do seem to have a problem with finishing chances though as well! I generally create 3/4 CCCs a game, if not a lot of HC. I've counted up, Osvaldo has finished 4 of 12 CCCs, thats not good enough. So goalscoring is a problem atm. I've switched the Match Prep to Attacking Movement for now.

I don't change anything when I switch to counter. In terms of PPMs I will have a good think about this and post up later.

For now I may tinker around with a few of the team instructions and let you know how I get on.

if you could get the st to score like the amc does in your first tac then you would be on to something

Seanhrfc,

You're not happy anymore with the V1 ?
Do you advice to ditch the control strategy on the V1 too ?

Seanhrfc,

You're not happy anymore with the V1 ?
Do you advice to ditch the control strategy on the V1 too ?

V1 is still solid, I've just been trying to get a tactic that is a bit more threatening in attack. I would also go Attack strategy.

I've made some tweaks recently to V2, just beat Newcastle 4-1 away.

what do you think if I move the Bergkamp role to a striker and DM (BWM) I move to MC (BWM)??

:)

I have uploaded mine now :D ( made a small change to the formation again, now its just like the old split)

Will check it out, I have to say I do like the formation. A lopsided 4-2-3-1 mixed with a 4-3-3.

what do you think if I move the Bergkamp role to a striker and DM (BWM) I move to MC (BWM)??

:)

The Bergkamp role is involved a lot more in play from AMC, I've tried at FC but not as involved in the build up. You could try moving the BWM up to MC, but it may leave big gaps between midfield and defence to exploit.

Update from My Villa game. played it since preseason and currently second in table. I have only used the one which is on the OP.
View attachment 433162

I use control to start then up it to attack if well on top and not scored, or if behind.

Great results here Jonny, who's been scoring the goals?

hey sean loved ur fm 13 tactic so i thought id test this mid way threw my first season with man utd i thought id try it against Barcelona first leg knockout round at home all i have to say is WOW View attachment 448406 oh im using v2!!

Using this tactic as your 4-4-2 was inconsistent for me. Since I started using this I've won all but one game. Won all of my champions league group stage games including beating bayern home and away. Romero in the middle has been outstanding as has Suarez up front. If I get a chance I will post some pics tomorrow night.