Associazione Calcio Milan Thread- ALL things red and black.

I'd take issue that MDS isn't needed. The depth there still isn't great at all and Rodriguez has a lot to prove going forward. I like Calabria's potential a lot but he's still very raw.

Locatelli's coming off his first full season of Serie A footie. And showing well. Why you want another player in his way? I'm all for Montolivo being slowly phased out as he was last year. But you add Biglia and he'd be the opposite of that vet. and demand games. And when you've got some very versatile midfielders like Bortolacci who can quite competently fit in there if needed, I personally can't agree that you need another vet. who'll start.

I just don't see him being a significant upgrade for a team that's far from in a 'win now, one vet. away' mode and more so someone that set's back a developing player who is the future in the role.

Conti has already come in as a RB. Abate might be gone, but most likely I feel Calabria will get a loan. With MDS Milan have 4 right backs at this moment. As for LB there is Antonelli, Rodriguez and Vangioni who is most likely back off to River.

As mentioned by ToD Bertolacci is off and Montolivo might also be off. That leaves big gap in midfield even with Kessie signing. Bonaventura, Biglia and Kessie would be starting, but there is lot of games for Locatelli to play and develop.

I know what we have mate and taking MDS out of the group would weaken it considerably to me.

That's a prime example. Why loan out Bertolacci when you're building a team that's a still a good few years away and bring a vet.? Under different circumstances, I could give a move for Biglia more credit but not where Milan are currently at. We'll just have to agree to disagree on Biglia but I won't be too excited about it if it happens.

And if Bonucci is added, that would just increase my fear that Montella will have to deliver to unrealistic expectations this season. And if that fear was to be right, that's not a good way to be setting out with the new owners.

I'd deffo keep MDS, he's been nowhere near as good as his break through season but the whole defense has lost it's way tbh, for Italy he has been good. I think he's a player that plays a lot better with better players, now we seem to be bringing those in.

I've got no doubt he would go up a level if he went to Juve and I don't want that, especially at our expense!

(also MDs can play LB too which would be good cover as it looks like Vangioni will be off)

Bertolacci hasn't been great so wouldn't be too sad to see him go but we would need another player there

Got a feeling MDS might stay. He would be crazy not to want to be a part of this Milan!

I'd be happy, still young enough at 24, been at Milan foe like 14 years, 30(ish??) caps for Italy.

Can play left or right which is always handy. If we do go for a 3CB formation he could do well as a wing back.

I do really like Calabria though! He was really good in the Juve Coppa Italia final. Can be used as left back as well

Im kind of tempted on the 3 central defender formation, Conti and Rodriguez could be lethal in that set up.

But then there is the first option which was Milans main from 02-07ish

Mental.

This will be like a 90% new first team! Which while great is still worrying how they will all link up. If they don't click it will be a huge problem, these signings are not just tweaks.

Specially if we get Biglia and Aubameyang

I know what we have mate and taking MDS out of the group would weaken it considerably to me.

That's a prime example. Why loan out Bertolacci when you're building a team that's a still a good few years away and bring a vet.? Under different circumstances, I could give a move for Biglia more credit but not where Milan are currently at. We'll just have to agree to disagree on Biglia but I won't be too excited about it if it happens.

And if Bonucci is added, that would just increase my fear that Montella will have to deliver to unrealistic expectations this season. And if that fear was to be right, that's not a good way to be setting out with the new owners.

This is my worry as well.

Something's not adding up here. €35 million for one of the best centre halfs the World. When there's a serious scarcity of top class centre backs. I mean it's not like Rudiger with an injury discount. There's no Earthly reason why Juventus would sell so cheap.

I mean I aren't complaining. But something just doesn't add up.

Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri was overheard on video calling Leonardo Bonucci a "********" and telling him to "**** off" during a heated row in a game they won 4-1

lol. ffs brilliant

Something's not adding up here. €35 million for one of the best centre halfs the World. When there's a serious scarcity of top class centre backs. I mean it's not like Rudiger with an injury discount. There's no Earthly reason why Juventus would sell so cheap.

I mean I aren't complaining. But something just doesn't add up.

Most reports I've seen have quoted the price at € 40 million I think.

Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri was overheard on video calling Leonardo Bonucci a "********" and telling him to "**** off" during a heated row in a game they won 4-1

lol. ffs brilliant
Heard from a few Juve fans they haven't got on for a while now.

Dani Alves left as he didn't like dressing room rules. Not allowed to play music or something!

Now Bonucci is off. 35 mil does seem cheap....Seems he must have forced his way out.

And if Allegri said that about him, cheers!