Aston Villa Vs Man Utd - Carling Cup Final

JDY

Reaction score
Currently 1-1

Milner with the first from the penalty spot, Vidic should have been sent off but his foul went unpunished.

Mistake from Dunne allowed Berbatov to go through on goal, but Dunne's last ditch tackle fell straight to Owen who finishes cooly.

How Vidic is still on the pitch I'll never know.

I hate both of these :)

Never ending penalty shoot out please XD

The only reason i think he didn't send him off is because he didn't want to spoil the game with what, only 4 minutes into the match? Definate red i think.

I dont get why Vidic wasn't sent off?! maybe beacuse it was so early in the match.. should have gone.

Can see Rooney coming on and scoring the winner in the 97th min :)

hate both teams but hope villa win as they are the under dogs

The referee is so biased to United, he couldnt not give the penalty but Vidic should have been sent off - he was the last man.
There should be no difference in the rules in the 3rd minute, the 63rd minute or the 93rd minute - if a player commits a foul worthy of a red card he should go whatever time it is
It is his fault if he gets sent off and Man U have to play the whole match with 10 men

I thought by fifa rules you was only allowed to field 11players because utd have this fellow called phil dowd playing. Vidic should have gone simple as that i feel utd will win now but i hope villa will.

Cuellar's beard makes me *****. :wub:

Michael Owen subbed off with what seems to be the dreaded hamstring injury.

I agree Vidic should be off definately. How he is still on the pitch I don't know. Only thing I can think of is that Agbonlhor took a touch that wasn't forward but more holding it up, but yet again that was only because Vidic was man handling him. Is very strange from the ref, time on the clock probably helped Vidic.

I wonder if James Collins who dumped Owen when being last man and whizzing past him for pace and heading towards the box. Albeit quite far out, is that not a red card to...had Vidic been sent off?

Also Milner's handball in the box is as much a penalty if Arsenal handball was yesterday was anything to go by.

that ref is rubbish another manu fan under the black shirt! vidic should have gone and hes only booking villa players ?? not right! same old manu always cheating!!

I swear Valencia has set up all of Rooney's headed goals Lol.

Nice header. 7 out of his last 8 goals have been headers and 9 in total this year. Only had 4 headed goals before this season

Oooh. Rooney again with a header hits the post

Valencia is an assist machine, deserves so much more credit than he gets in my opinion.

Can't see Villa coming back now.

UNITED UNITED UNITED UNITED UNITED

i would usually follow this with "S**T S**T S**T" :p
but on days like today, and only on days like today, that all changes :)

"Chim chimeny chim chimeny, chim chim cherooo, I HATE THOSE B******S IN CLARET AND BLUE!"

enjoy the trip back up to Brum ;), and thats to Man Utd fans too <)

Feel sorry for Villa, worked really hard to get to the final.

Better luck next time, although Vidic should of been sent off which would of probably made the result a completely different one.