Good season and a half so far, big wages for Alonso, but there is no substitute for experience.

Speaking of experience, what will you do when Aduriz finally calls it quits, he has been immense!

Good season and a half so far, big wages for Alonso, but there is no substitute for experience.

Speaking of experience, what will you do when Aduriz finally calls it quits, he has been immense!
Cry is what i will do when Aduriz retires! I was hoping he might do a Totti and last closer to his 40th birthday but it looks like next season will be his last.

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1041623

January 2017 - Part 2

De Marcos out for 3 Weeks

View attachment 160876

Spanish Cup Quarter Final 1st Leg
Barcelona 2 - Athletic 0

View attachment 160875

It was a pretty even game over all but they just had the far superior finishing with Messi and Suarez netting their goals.

Rayo 0 - Athletic 2

View attachment 160874

Xabi Alonso gets his first goal for the club with Garcia getting the second but winger Susaeta did pick up a nasty injury

Susaeta out for 7 Weeks

View attachment 160873

Spanish Cup Quarter Final 2nd Leg
Athletic 0 - Barcelona 0

View attachment 160872

Well you could say it was a moral victory in that we made sure they didnt score but we didnt either! So thats the Cup run over for another year.

Athletic 1 - Las Palmas 0

View attachment 160871

Well i didnt bring Alonso in for his goalscoring ability but hes got another goal and this one secured all 3 points.

Another Transfer Window in Spain where little is spent, im sure the less you spend the computer copies

View attachment 160870

League Table

View attachment 160869

5 points clear of second placed Real Madrid could we dare dream about a league Title yet? The next few weeks could be huge as we face Atletico Madrid, Sevilla and Barcelona.

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1041650

February 2017

Athletic 3 - Cordoba 0

View attachment 160857

They had a player sent off just 7 minutes in but we couldnt break the deadlock for over another hour! The flood gates opened once Williams scored with Benat coming on and getting a goal a few minutes later before Raul Garcia got the 3rd.

Sevilla 1 - Athletic 1

View attachment 160856

A pretty even game and the draw was probably a fair result as they net just before the break but it didnt take long after the rollicking i gave them for Aduriz to net just after the break.

Champions League 1st Knockout rnd 1st Leg
Dortmund 2 - Athletic 1

View attachment 160854

Aubameyang gave them the lead before San Jose equalized through a penalty just a few minutes later, he went on to get sent off late on and Dortmund used that to their advantage with Aubameyang getting his second goal late on.

Levante 0 - Athletic 2

View attachment 160853

Centre back Aymeric Laporte puts in a man of the match performance and gets the goal to break the deadlock before sub Sola gets a rare goal to seal the 3 points.

Athletic 2 - At Madrid 2

View attachment 160852

From a man of the match display to scoring an own goal just 6 minutes in for Laporte, former At Madrid player Raul Garcia got us back in the game with the equalizer before they went ahead again just before the break, Garcia then got another goal against his former club for us to nick a point.

League Table

View attachment 160851

Just 3 points clear now after those 2 draws in recent matches this month but look at Raul Garcia, hes at 30 years of age now but has the highest average rating in the league! Being Captain has made him a better player

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1041663

March 2017

Athletic 1 - Barcelona 2

View attachment 160844

We continue our poor record against the big teams in the league as we lose to Barcelona despite taking the lead through an Aduriz goal they soon got back into the game and turned the game on its head.

Champions League 1st Knockout rnd 2nd Leg
Athletic 3 - Dortmund 2

View attachment 160843

We went ahead thanks to an own goal before that man again Aubameyang netted a brace before half time to put them back into the lead. Susaeta netted the equalizer in his first game back from his injury layoff before a very rare goal from Rico gave us the win on the night but it wasnt enough over the 2 legs.

Athletic out of the Champions League - just the League to focus on now

View attachment 160841

Captain Garcia out for 4 weeks! With our former Number 1 being the vice captain it looks like Xabi Alonso may take the armband for the next few weeks

View attachment 160839

Next game will be 100th in charge of Athletic

View attachment 160837

Eibar 3 - Athletic 4

View attachment 160836

What a way to celebrate my 100th game in charge in a back and forth affair with the main highlight being we came out on top!

Susaeta only just back from injury is out again this time for 4 Months

View attachment 160832

67 wins from my opening 100 games is not bad

View attachment 160831

Zaragoza 0 - Athletic 1

View attachment 160830

Inaki Williams nets the only goal of the game right before the break whilst San Jose missed a very late penalty, i have changed him as the penalty taker as he seems to miss more than he scores, not sure when i did that during the save so you may see him miss a couple more yet!

Athletic 3 - Real Sociedad 1

View attachment 160829

Aduriz netted the opener just before half time, As soon as they have a man sent off in the second half we took advantage with Aduriz netting less than a minute later, they got one back around twenty minute later but Muniain confirmed the win with a late 3rd.

San Jose out for 5 Weeks

View attachment 160828

Athletic 1 - Granada 2

View attachment 160827

This could be terrible for our Title chase as Aduriz puts us ahead early on but The Isaac's netted back to win the tie with Isaac Success scoring a very successful goal.

Central Midfielder Sergio Garcia is the only half decent player from this years Youth intake

View attachment 160826

All i can do is keep getting Champions League football but what is worrying is the lack of funds i have been given in the transfer window but not only that the board refused any upgrades i asked for our facilities.

League Table

View attachment 160825

We have been caught up, we are now just 2 points clear at the top of the table with Barcelona and Real Madrid having a game in hand on us.

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1041685

April 2017

Athletic 2 - Malaga 1

View attachment 160824

A dominant display but a lucky result really with them scoring an own goal first before Aduriz made it 2-0, they got one back just before half time, we secured the 3 points but the big concern was the injury Garcia picked up.

Raul Garcia out for a month - Unlikely to play for the rest of the season

View attachment 160823

Christian Sanz a striker is one of those players who have recently been generated in on the youth intakes to other clubs and i decided to sign for £215,000 he will join in the summer

View attachment 160822

Christian Sanz - ST

View attachment 160821

LB Arenallo makes his Debut

View attachment 160820

LB Arenallo another gem i have found in one of the reserve sides, hes good enough to come straight into the squad as backup defender and could well slot into that LB spot soon enough.

View attachment 160819

Almeria 2 - Athletic 2

View attachment 160818

Former player Viguera must have been bitter about his exit as he nets a brace to hold us to a draw and put yet another dent into our Title dreams.

Athletic 4 - Real Betis 1

View attachment 160816

We get back on track with a decent 4-1 win centre back Ramalho got a rare game due to injury and even managed to get onto the scoresheet.

League Table with 4 games to go

View attachment 160815

Were off the top of the table now just 1 point behind Real Madrid whilst Barcelona are a further point behind but have also played a game more than both of us.

Real Madrid 3 - Athletic 1

View attachment 160814

Well thats this seasons Title dreams over, as we get comfortably beat by Real Madrid, we have shown this season that we have a very good side but not a good squad with injuries in recent weeks playing a big part in our recent dodgy form.

Espanyol 1 - Athletic 2

View attachment 160813

We come from behind to win with Xabi Alonso our new penalty taker scoring a last minute winner to give us a little hope at fighting Real for the Title.

League Table - 2 games to go

View attachment 160812

Real Madrid only went and dropped points after beating us and are now just 2 points ahead of us so with 2 games to go there is still a very slim hope!!

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1041817

May 2017

Athletic 2 - Valencia 0

View attachment 160699

Muniain opens the scoring early on before Captain Raul Garcia confirmed the win with the second goal just before half time, we did our part here getting the win against a tough Valencia side but unfortunately Real Madrid beat Malaga 2-0 too.

36 year old centre back Gurpegi our one time Vice Captain will retire at the end of the season after not playing much

View attachment 160698

What really worried me was Aduriz announcing his retirement as well but at least thats for next season whilst former Number 1 Iraizoz will also retire next season.

Athletic 2 - Villarreal 1

View attachment 160697

We do our bit as we beat Villareal coming from behind to win 2-1 with Aduriz the man who just announced his retirement getting the equalizer before his natural successor Inaki Williams grabbed the winner.

Final League Table

View attachment 160696

Well we gave Real Madrid a nervy ending with those back to back wins but despite leading the table for most of the season we fall at the last hurdle to MegaMoney Real Madrid.
Hopefully i will actually get a few quid to spend this summer with all these players retiring i need to bring in a new face or two that can go straight into the first team.

Squad In order of Most Apps

View attachment 160695

Top Goalscorer - Aritz Aduriz - 26 Goals for the 36 year old Legend who has decided to retire at the end of next season, i have tried to convince him to carry on but we will see what happens

View attachment 160694

Best Player - Raul Garcia - I think being made Captain has made him an even better player as he leads from the front with 15 Goals and 10 Assists

View attachment 160693

Best Young Player - Inaki Williams - He is the heir apparent to Aduriz's throne and will get plenty of game time playing up front next season after playing a lot of his football on the wing, especially considering his 15 goals and 9 assists

View attachment 160692

New Keeper Kepa and Muniain join the Best Eleven Ever

View attachment 160691

Best Eleven Ever Over 2 Seasons

View attachment 160690

You can see why i dont want Aduriz to retire with his 61 goals in just 101 games since i took charge.

End of Season Awards see Raul Garcia win Fans Player of the Season

View attachment 160689

Season Review

View attachment 160687

Considering we spent just £4Million over the past 2 seasons a 2nd place finish ahead of Barcelona was huge even though we had a chance at one point to win the Title, getting knocked out of Europe to Dortmund was tough but they had one of the best players in the game in Aubameyang in the form of his life whilst losing to Barcelona in the cup was almost inevitable considering our poor form against the big teams.

Barcelona Sack Joachim Loew after just 1 Season in Charge

View attachment 160686

Aduriz is the Top Spanish Goalscorer in the League with 20 League Goals

View attachment 160685

Laporte, Raul Garcia and Aduriz make the League Team of the Year

View attachment 160684

Aduriz has decided he will retire at the end of next season

View attachment 160683

Great effort in the league, came so close! Shame about Aduriz retiring after this next season, he really is a legend!

Great effort in the league, came so close! Shame about Aduriz retiring after this next season, he really is a legend!
thanks mate, just started the new season and hes really dropped off in form and his skill must be letting himself go now he knows hes retiring soon!

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1041858

June/July 2017

Lyon are the surprise Champions League Winners after thumping Chelsea in the Final

View attachment 160659

Not only did David Moyes get his job back as Man Utd boss he has now had an interview to take over at Barcelona!!!

View attachment 160658

Liverpool Manager Jurgen Klopp is the one Barcelona chose though

View attachment 160657

Central defender Gurpegi retires

View attachment 160656

Striker Sanz who i mentioned previously finally completes his move

View attachment 160655

Christian Sans - ST - The next Aduriz?

View attachment 160654

We have around £10Million to spend in the transfer window but could probably push it closer to £33Million if we alter the wages

View attachment 160653

Our budget with the wages altered

View attachment 160652

I only just found out our current young Number 1 Keeper is touted as the next Canizares!

View attachment 160650

Eibar Reject our Testimonial Invitation

View attachment 160648

I finally get to spend some big money on a first team player! I originally wanted Llorente with Aduriz retiring but Sevilla wanted over £20Million!
In the end i went for the return of Ander Herrera for £24Million

View attachment 160647

Ander Herrera - CM/AMC

View attachment 160646

Gurpegi returns as a Coach

View attachment 160645

Former Number 1 Keeper Iraizoz gets his Testimonial

View attachment 160644

So with youngster Sanz coming in to backup our Striker department and Herrera looking for a starting spot in that central midfield we are all done for transfers this season.

Have Sabin Merino or Ager Aketxe shown any potential for you? They've been quite fun to watch this year...

Have Sabin Merino or Ager Aketxe shown any potential for you? They've been quite fun to watch this year...
When i first started the save Sabin was a bit of a super sub for me coming off the bench and getting goals, whereas as time has gone on Aketxe has definitely developed into the better player and can get a goal when called upon

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1042145

August 2017

Despite our Title challenge last season and our 2nd place finish we are only expected to finish down in 5th!

View attachment 160396

Ageing players Sola and Rico are both moved down to the second team Bilbao after no one wanted them even on free transfers!

View attachment 160395

Midfielder Unai Lopez Leaves for £600,000

View attachment 160394

Competition Expectations

View attachment 160393

Starting 11 and Tactic for the new Season

View attachment 160392

Athletic 5 - Villarreal 2

View attachment 160391

We actually have 2 players in National Teams for the first time in ever!

View attachment 160387

A tough Champions League group sees us draw PSG and Chelsea

View attachment 160386

Levante 1 - Athletic 3

View attachment 160385

Elustondo joins PAOK for £230k

View attachment 160384

Kike Sola joins AEK for £275k

View attachment 160383

We are the big spenders this Summer Transfer Window

View attachment 160381

League Table

View attachment 160380

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1042266

September 2017

Athletic 4 - Rayo 2

View attachment 160290

A Muniain Hattrick seals the win

Champions League Groups
Athletic 5 - FH 0

View attachment 160289

I gave a few of the youngsters a chance in Europe for this game and Striker Christian Sanz took his especially with 2 goals in the same minute!

Sanz Youngest Ever Champions League Scorer

View attachment 160287

Real Sociedad 0 - Athletic 0

View attachment 160286

Bore Draw

It might well be the end for youngster Villalibre after he refused to be tutored by Club Legend Aduriz! How dare he disrespect the King

View attachment 160283

Sevilla 0 - Athletic 2

View attachment 160282

Athletic 4 - Alaves 0

View attachment 160280

Champions League Groups
PSG 2 - Athletic 1

View attachment 160279

Inaki Williams out for 4 Weeks

View attachment 160278

Real Oviedo 0 - Athletic 1

View attachment 160277

Susaeta Adds to Injury list

View attachment 160276

League Table

View attachment 160275

A pretty good start to the new season with 6 wins from our opening 7 games whilst Muniain has netted 6 league goals already, Real Madrid though look likely to hold onto their Title after a strong start with 7 wins from 7​

How dare he indeed! That's just sacrilegious! Sell, sell, sell!

How dare he indeed! That's just sacrilegious! Sell, sell, sell!
I know how dare he speak to Aduriz like that, i have decided to rename Aduriz the Baron of Bilbao in fitting honor to the legend

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1042422

October 2017

At 28 Years of age Ander Herrera finally gets his first Spain Cap

View attachment 160148

I put pen to paper on a new 3 year deal

View attachment 160146

Athletic 2 - Real Betis 1

View attachment 160145

Muniain grabs a last gasp winner and has really kicked on this season after scoring more goals this season already than he did in the previous two combined

Champions League Groups
Chelsea 5 - Athletic 1

View attachment 160144

Ouch! Well that didnt end well for us.

Celta 1 - Athletic 1

View attachment 160143

Muniain opens the scoring just a few minutes in but they managed to get a last minute equalizer

I decided to take charge of Spain Under 19's as it will give me a chance to look at some of the youth players and may help me get the Spain job one day

View attachment 160142

Athletic 2 - Malaga 1

View attachment 160141

The Baron of Bilbao Aduriz netted a brace to win the match but Xabi Alonso did miss another penalty.

Almeria 2 - Athletic 3

View attachment 160140

So since the snub by Villalibre Aduriz has been like a man possessed smashing in 4 goals in his last 2 games.

Champions League Groups
Athletic 2 - Chelsea 0

View attachment 160139

After they smashed 5 past us early on in the month this was the perfect response beating Chelsea at home with Aduriz getting 2 goals for the 3rd game in a row

League Table

View attachment 160137

How can you compete with Real Madrid? We are unbeaten in our opening 11 league games but are still 4 points behind Real Madrid who have a perfect 11 wins from 11.
Muniain and Aduriz have been in fine form so far this season with 17 goals between them but Ronaldo has been almost as good as both of them together with 16 league goals in 11 games.​

Last edited:
Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1042538

November 2017

Athletic 4 - Valencia 4

View attachment 160042

I hate these kinds of games! We went ahead 3 times during this match but yet we still couldnt put the game to bed

Heres the first Spain Under 19's Starting 11 and Tactic

View attachment 160041

South Korea U19S 0 Spain U19S 3

View attachment 160040

A comfortable win for my first game in charge with goals from Paco (At Madrid), Brahim Diaz (Man City) and Juan Manuel Martos (Real Madrid) sealing the friendly win.

Spain U19S 3 - Romania U19S 0

View attachment 160039

Another good win with Paco and Diaz getting goals again along with Marc Monteys whos just been bought for £5Million by Borussia Dortmund

We are considered to be the leading club in developing players for the Top flight but having a whole 25 man squad of homegrown players probably helps us out

View attachment 160038

Real Madrid 2 - Athletic 2

View attachment 160037

So we went 2-0 down early on before coming roaring back only minutes later thanks to a brace from Muniain and then we just about managed to hold onto the draw a huge result as its the first points Real Madrid have dropped for the season.

Champions League Groups
FH 1 - Athletic 2

View attachment 160036

We play a whole host of string players in this match and boy did it show! We just about managed to nick the points but it should have been a better result.

Athletic 3 - At Madrid 2

View attachment 160035

The dream team of Aduriz and Muniain keep up their goalscoring form in an impressive win against At Madrid who have been really poor these past few seasons, its only helping me though as Griezmann is keen to leave. Him and Javi Martinez are the Holy Grail of Basque players

Spanish Cup 4th rnd 1st Leg
Toledo 1 - Athletic 2

View attachment 160034

Laporte and Aduriz were the only two first team players to stay in the side as i make a whole host of changes as we face one of the lower league sides but we really struggled to break them down and were lucky really to even get away with a win.

League Table

View attachment 160033

4 points behind Real Madrid but they did drop another couple of points after we got the draw out of them, its hard to see us 4 points behind when we are undefeated in our opening 14 games of the season and our Strikers are in such good form! I cant do any more than we are already doing and its still not enough.

I'm liking aduriz's new nickname. I can't believe real Madrid are dominating the league over Barcelona especially considering their team doesn't look much different. What's happened to Messi?

I'm liking aduriz's new nickname. I can't believe real Madrid are dominating the league over Barcelona especially considering their team doesn't look much different. What's happened to Messi?
Real Madrid have spent big not quite on the players you would think with the likes of Lukaku, Darmian, Moreno and Mane all coming from the Premier League for over £25Million each! Messi has been plagued by injuries in this save missing a total of 8 months in the last 2 seasons whilst this season he has just 12 goals in 30 games.