It is always nice to read a story for Bilbao ! Keep it up my friend ! A huge fan of Muniain ha ha

You must have a whole team of youngsters with big potential now? Seem to buy 3 youngsters ever transfer windows! Love it

You must have a whole team of youngsters with big potential now? Seem to buy 3 youngsters ever transfer windows! Love it
Yeah its looking good with some of the youth coming through, just started the new season and Ruiz at CB and Exposito on the wing are both getting game time at the moment need to build it up over time and introduce the youngsters, dont want to suddenly have to use them all at once.

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1045685

July 2018 - Part 2

Just after sell Xabi Alonso, another CM Benat picks up a bad injury

View attachment 157179

Oh Poo, Young Striker Christian Sanz has a release clause of just £1.5Million and doesnt want to speak to me about a new deal! Its like come on you just saw Aduriz retire and are likely to play a lot more this season but you do this to me

View attachment 157178

Spain Win the World Cup with our midfielder Ander Herrera starting

View attachment 157177

Everyone loves Spain Manager Luis Enrique now and im thinking of looking towards a different International career now as it looks like he could be at Spain for a while, i want to complete the Under 19's Euro's as we are one of the favourites for the tournament, but like it happens after every World Cup there are loads of top jobs available like Holland, Belgium, Italy, Croatia and Portugal.

View attachment 157176

Lyon agree to Susaeta Testimonial

View attachment 157175

EuroU19 Group Stage
SpainU19S 1 - FranceU19S 0

View attachment 157174

Winger Exposito one of my Athletic players gets the only goal of the game to see us start the Tournament with a big win.

EuroU19 Group Stage
FinlandU19S 0 - SpainU19S 0

View attachment 157173

A terrible result after the France win we were all over Finland but just couldnt find the back of the net.

Muniain set to miss the start of the new season

View attachment 157172

EuroU19 Group Stage
SpainU19S 1 - GermanyU19S 1

View attachment 157171

We were lucky to come away from this match with a point as Germany were all over us, it took another goal from Exposito to see us ****** a draw.

We go through to the Semi Finals 2nd in our group

View attachment 157170

In the end every big club around seem to put a bid in for Christian Sanz but he went to Chelsea

View attachment 157169

EuroU19S Semi Finals
SpainU19S 2 - PortugalU19S 1

View attachment 157168

Winger Paco who has done nothing all tournament suddenly comes alive and nets early on before going on to netting a very late winner to see us through to the Finals.

EuroU19S Finals
HollandU19S 0 - SpainU19S 0
(Spain Win 4-3 on Pens)

View attachment 157167

Oh Yes! We win the Tournament and i get my 3rd piece of silverware as a Manager thanks to a penalty shoot out win.

Spain Under 19's Win Euro Under 19s Championship

View attachment 157166

Dream Team

View attachment 157165

Starting my Coaching course which will cost a massive £960 to complete

View attachment 157164

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1045708

August 2018

Right Winger Susaeta gets his Testimonial the 3rd Testimonial since i took charge we have given

View attachment 157157

Xabi Alonso's replacement comes in for just under £5Million in the shape of DMC Mikel Merino, Iturraspe is probably slightly ahead of him at the moment but he is closing in on 30.

View attachment 157156

Mikel Merino - DMC

View attachment 157155

We have moved up in the World with the Media and Bookies now believing we should finish 3rd in the league this season behind Real Madrid and Barcelona

View attachment 157154

I forgot to take a lot of the youngsters off playing for the reserves to get their match fitness up so we havent got a lot to choose from coming into the first game of the new season

View attachment 157153

Spanish Super Cup Final 1st Leg
Athletic 0 - Real Madrid 1

View attachment 157152

Well this was a bit of a crazy result, Real were determined to get that goal and they managed to score it in the 90th minute after seeing 2 penalties saved minutes earlier i really thought we could hold out for the draw.

The Starting 11 for the new Season

View attachment 157151

Youngsters Exposito, Merino and Ruiz are the players to look out for this season.

Super Cup Final 2nd Leg
Real Madrid 1 - Athletic 1

View attachment 157150

Llorente put us ahead on the night with our only shot on target throughout the whole game! It didnt take long before Real Madrid equalized and then that was that and the game was over.

Winger Exposito makes his debut after recent years on loan hes looking a very good player whilst DMC Mikel Merino made his debut too.

View attachment 157149

Athletic 1 - Real Betis 0

View attachment 157147

Llorente nets the only goal of the game really early on as we dominate but cant find the back of the net again almost the complete opposite to the Real Madrid game previous.

As im looking to leave Spain U19s i decided to put all 10 of my youngsters into their next match

View attachment 157144

10 Athletic Players in the Spain U19's Squad

View attachment 157143

A very interesting group drawn in the Champions League, we are 3rd seeds in the group but along with Zenit and Roma we are all very similar teams so this group could go to anybody

View attachment 157142

Villalibre finally leaves

View attachment 157141

Spanish Summer Transfer Window

View attachment 157140

The big deals included Thiago rejoining Barcelona and Rekik who scored that own goal for us against Real Madrid in the Cup Final in May is shipped out to PSG along with Saul joining PSG too.

Just £6Million spent whilst almost £13Million comes in.

View attachment 157139

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1045866

September 2018

At Madrid 1 - Athletic 1

View attachment 157005

Elustondo is out for 4 weeks which will allow some of the youngsters to get a game at CB

View attachment 157004

18 year old Ruiz made his debut coming off the bench after the Elustondo injury

View attachment 157003

Our next SpainU19s game sees 6 Athletic players in the Starting 11

View attachment 157002

Friendly
SpainU19s 3 - South KoreaU19s 1

View attachment 157001

England beat us in my final game in charge, im not sure if having this job was hindering me getting another?!? Holland have not had a Manager since the World Cup so i decided to resign to see if they finally came in for me.

View attachment 157000

Tonkin Resigns from Spain Under 19s

View attachment 156999

Athletic 1 - Deportivo 0

View attachment 156997

Centre back Ruiz has looked solid at the back since getting his first game a couple of weeks ago but i certainly wasnt expecting him to net the winner

Ouch Muniain out for 3 Months!

View attachment 156996

I finally get the Holland National Team job, they had a poor World Cup not making it out of the groups and are currently ranked 13th in the World

View attachment 156994

Champions League Group Stages
Athletic 1 - Roma 1

View attachment 156993

Real Sociedad 0 - Athletic 1

View attachment 156992

All of our matches have been really close so far this season as we really miss Aduriz

Athletic 2 - Malaga 0

View attachment 156991

Wey we finally score more than one goal in a match this season.

Striker Juan Jose makes his debut

View attachment 156990

Racing 0 - Athletic 4

View attachment 156989

I know the two clubs are in separate countries and not related but this result made me slightly happier after just seeing Leicester lose to Racing Metro in the Rugby.

League Table

View attachment 156988

Joint top with Real Madrid but Celta and Sevilla are just an extra point behind.

Well done winning the U-19 Euros! I always like playing with the U-19's, but I have a hard time ever winning anything due to inconsistency.

Good job by claiming the Copa del Rey yet again (it's been a while since Athletic won a Cup in real life, they even lost their "king of cups" monicker due to that title drought) and good job with the kiddos.
Will your appointment as Netherlands national team's manager act as a bridge for a future appointment as Spain's?

.P.S.: Nice to see that you signed Mikel Merino, this lad will do wonders on your midfield.

I see Lllorente has done well taking over as the experienced front-man from Aduriz, no need to fix what isn't broken.

And good to see you move on internationally, see what the future holds next!

Could you show us a screen shot of the two youngsters you mentioned to me earlier?

Well done winning the U-19 Euros! I always like playing with the U-19's, but I have a hard time ever winning anything due to inconsistency.
We were so lucky to win the tournament really! With 2 draws in the groups i didnt think it would end so well!
Good job by claiming the Copa del Rey yet again (it's been a while since Athletic won a Cup in real life, they even lost their "king of cups" monicker due to that title drought) and good job with the kiddos.
Will your appointment as Netherlands national team's manager act as a bridge for a future appointment as Spain's?

.P.S.: Nice to see that you signed Mikel Merino, this lad will do wonders on your midfield.
Not sure if being Holland will help or not but after Enrique won the the World Cup i knew the Spain job wouldnt be available for a couple of years at least.
I see Lllorente has done well taking over as the experienced front-man from Aduriz, no need to fix what isn't broken.

And good to see you move on internationally, see what the future holds next!
Yeah Llorente has done well so far but im still missing Aduriz! Inaki Williams doesnt seem to have kicked on either last season so we are a bit short upfront. thanks for reading

Love reading about Bilbao, they are such a strange side with the transfer restrictions they have, but have always been a thorn in the side of top teams. Hope the younger players can step up so there isn't a big gap between the experienced and inexperienced players.

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1046741

October 2018 Part 1

Champions League Groups
Zenit 0 - Athletic 0

View attachment 156219

My first Holland Squad

View attachment 156218

Holland have got some brilliant youngsters especially in the midfielder but our Striker options arent the best, we have the likes of Ghazi and Depay that can play upfront but our best out and out striker is Bas Dost.

Athletic 1 - Cordoba 0

View attachment 156215

Another narrow 1-0 win with Llorente netting another early goal to seal all 3 points.

El Ghazi out injured and Dost comes back in

View attachment 156213

Clasie injured and Bazoer comes in, will i get any of my Original Squad to the first game

View attachment 156209

My first Holland game is my 194th overall as a Manager

View attachment 156208

Gone for the same tactic as Athletic for my first game in charge of Holland

View attachment 156207

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1046820

October 2018 - Part 2

European League Division A Group 2
Holland 4 - France 3

View attachment 156144

A brilliant win to start life as Holland Manager as we grab a last gasp winner with both our wingers John and Promes having very good games.

2 Goal Hero Ola John

View attachment 156143

19 Year Old Winger Nunnely Gets his first Cap

View attachment 156142

Ola Johns Goals was his first in a Holland shirt

View attachment 156141

Holland 3 - Croatia 1

View attachment 156140

Depay has a poor game upfront but our attacking trio is key for the win again with Promes and John netting a goal each either side of Wijnaldum's wonder goal.

The previous manager Fred Rutten actually lost the opening game of the qualifiers to Croatia but our back to back wins send us to the top of the mini table with just France left to play

View attachment 156135

Athletic 0 - Barcelona 1

View attachment 156134

It was a very even game and i felt like we got the best of them for some of it but they just had the better poacher at the right time with Suarez popping up late on with a scrappy goal and it was all over.

Champions League Groups
Dinamo 0 - Athletic 3

View attachment 156133

So i made a whole host of changes for this match giving some of the youngsters a game and Williams a chance upfront but he didnt take it and it was Raul Garcia one of the players who stayed in the starting 11 who netted a Hattrick.

Levante 1 - Athletic 3

View attachment 156132

Garcia opens the scoring before young striker Juan Jose netted his first goal for the club as i tried him as an option upfront before Inaki Williams netted the 3rd goal from the wing showing hes happier out there.

Eibar 0 - Athletic 1

View attachment 156131

Oscar De Marcos gets the only goal of the game just 8 minutes in whilst striker Juan Jose didnt have a good game and was hauled off around an hour in but centre back Ruiz has started to feel at home in that spot next to Laporte.

League Table

View attachment 156130

I feel like we have had a very good start to the new season with 8 wins from 10 games but Real Madrid have played a game less but are on the same points.​

Any chance u can upload your tactic? I love the story

The original tactic was downloaded on this website not long after FM 2016 came out but since then i have adapted it to each team i have used it with, main differences on this one being the likes of using a Poacher upfront and the deep lying and advanced playmaker roles

View attachment 155711View attachment 155710

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1047500

November 2018

200 Games in Management with Athletic Bilbao, Spain Under 19's and Holland

View attachment 155521

Athletic 2 - Sevilla 0

View attachment 155520

Exposito comes off the bench to net the first goal before Inaki Williams nets another late on to secure the win.

Champions League Groups
Athletic 4 - Dinamo 1

View attachment 155516

Half the side is full of youngsters given a chance and most of them took it with Merino and Jose both getting goals.

The other centre back called Ruiz makes his debut

View attachment 155515

Holland Squad Announced - Not a single player in the squad plays their club football in Holland!

View attachment 155514

Inaki Williams gives up on playing for Spain and decides to go for Liberia!

View attachment 155513

Villareal 3 - Athletic 4

View attachment 155512

2-0 up at half time and we were cruising, that is until Denis Suarez netted a 7 minute Hattrick early on in the second half to put us behind! Llorente got his second of the game to equalize before Captain Raul Garcia got a last gasp winner.

France 3 - Holland 4

View attachment 155510

The same highscoring game as the previous encounter but even more impressive as we were away from home, Depay finally had a decent game upfront for us to netting a brace.

We top our group and will play in the Semi Finals of the tournament next summer with Germany, England and Spain

View attachment 155509

Holland 2 - Ecuador 2

View attachment 155508

A poor result even if it was only a friendly, we seem to be able to score a lot of goals but just cant keep them out of our own net either.

Van Der Wiel breaks his own Assists Record

View attachment 155507

Depay breaks his goals in a season Record

View attachment 155506

Real Oviedo 0 - Athletic 2

View attachment 155505

Herrera nets the opener from a penalty around half an hour in before young AMC Marin nets the second to seal the 3 points

Champions League Groups
Roma 2 - Athletic 2

View attachment 155504

Llorente puts us ahead twice but they had Dzeko to peg us back both times and we have to settle for another draw.

League Table

View attachment 155503

Still 3 points behind Real Madrid who are Unbeaten in the opening 13 games whilst Barcelona are a further 2 points behind us.

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1047550

December 2018

Athletic 1 - Real Madrid 1

View attachment 155474

We manage to ****** a 1-1 draw against main Rivals Real Madrid, Luka Modric netted for them early on before Llorente netted the equalizer just before half time, Since i started this save we have faced Real Madrid 12 times and beaten them just the once when we won the Spanish Cup last season thanks to that own goal.

Spanish Cup 4th rnd 1st Leg
Sabadell 0 - Athletic 2

View attachment 155467

I forgot to change some of the first team out but they were disappointing against such lower league opposition, it took youngsters Exposito and Merino coming off the bench to change the game with two quick goals to seal the win.

Athletic 2 - Granada 0

View attachment 155465

Well the referee really loved us as we got 3 penalties in this match to help us along to win 2-0 with Llorente netting the first one early on before Laporte missed his penalty in injury time before Herrera scored his penalty just 1 minute later.

Champions League Groups
Athletic 1 - Zenit 1

View attachment 155464

Yet another draw as Danny scores for them just after the hour mark but Llorente got his 12th goal just 2 minutes later to secure a point.

We make the Knockout stages of the Champions League despite all of these draws

View attachment 155461

Elche 1 - Athletic 2

View attachment 155460

Elche netted very early on before 19 year old Exposito netted his 4th goal of the season to equalize in the second half before Captain Garcia netted the winner.

We get a tough draw facing PSG in the Champions League Knockout stages

View attachment 155459

Spanish Cup 4th rnd 3nd leg
Athletic 0 - Sabadell 1

View attachment 155458

Our second team was all over them but they got the only goal of the game to secure the win but we won the tie 2-1 on aggregate to make the next round, 4 shots to our 28 but they win!

A very easy qualifying group for Holland for the next Euro's with our main rivals Turkey all the way down in 48th in the World Rankings.

View attachment 155457

Almeria 0 - Athletic 3

View attachment 155456

It was a pretty even game but our attacking trio of Muniain, Garcia and Williams all got a goal to gain all 3 points.

League Table

View attachment 155455

Despite another impressive month in the league we are still 3 points off Real Madrid with nearly half the season gone, the 14th of April is the date to look out for as we face Real Madrid in a huge match if this continues.