Real Madrid have spent big not quite on the players you would think with the likes of Lukaku, Darmian, Moreno and Mane all coming from the Premier League for over £25Million each! Messi has been plagued by injuries in this save missing a total of 8 months in the last 2 seasons whilst this season he has just 12 goals in 30 games.
Christ I have never seen Messi do so bad! Keep up the good work though

It might well be the end for youngster Villalibre after he refused to be tutored by Club Legend Aduriz! How dare he disrespect the King

Off with his head!
Send the lad to Baskonia until his contract runs out and problem solved (he's not even worthy of stepping Lezama's training grounds if he can't learn to respect his elders... and specially that elder)^^

The team seems to be doing an unbelievably great job so far, as they seemed to become's Spanish football second force behind Real Madrid and overtaking both Barcelona and Atlético de Madrid's roles so far.
In Europe the team seems to be overpeforming aswell, compared with what Athletic did in real life last time they got into Champions League you're doing miracles with them.

Keep up the great job.

.P.S.: Baron? Nah... He's "His Majesty Lord Aritz I from Bilbao"

At Madrid

View attachment 1043319

December 2017

The board go and give me a cool £32Million to spend on new players for the Winter window, nobody that could fit straight into the first team that we can afford but will definitely look at a few squad additions and youngsters.

View attachment 159346

Getafe 1 - Athletic 2

View attachment 159345

Muniain out for 3 Weeks

View attachment 159344

After not liking the look of too many of the players available i thought i would try and get the board to spend a bit of money on the facilities

View attachment 159343

Champions League Groups
Athletic 2 - PSG 2

View attachment 159342

After winning for most of this match we ended up only getting the draw as they score late on and we drop down to third and out of the Champions League

Champions League Group Table

View attachment 159341

Athletic 0 - Barcelona 0

View attachment 159340

Every time i face one of the top two and come away with a draw it feels like a win!

We get a favourable draw in facing Marseille in the Europa League 1st Knockout rnd

View attachment 159339

Spanish Cup 4th rnd 2nd Leg
Athletic 4 - Toledo 4

View attachment 159338

I played the second string and boy did it show! We were 3-0 down by half time but my subs turned the game on its ahead as we soon went back to 3-3 before they netted a 4th and looked to be going through on away goals but we got an even later winner from Benat.

Cordoba 1 - Athletic 3

View attachment 159337

Aduriz becomes Athletic's Oldest Goalscorer as he gets closer to his 37th birthday and unfortunate retirement

View attachment 159335

Athletic 1 - Granada 0

View attachment 159332

Herrera nets the winner with literally the last kick of the ball in normal time to seal all 3 points.

LB Balenziaga out for 5 Weeks, could be a blessing in disguise as Inter Milan want to buy him and he has a low release clause and is refusing a new contract but is likely going to be unable to pass a medical during this window.

View attachment 159330

League Table

View attachment 159329

We are just 2 points behind Real Madrid still with both teams starting the New Year undefeated in the league so far this season.

Ouch... Getting knocked out in such a fashion sure must hurt...x_X
But regardless of the result, you did a really good job dealing with such a group only bad luck (and a poor second half in the last game) prevented you to go any further.

Now it's time to focus on Europa League, history owes Athletic one (two finals played, two finals lost) so it would be nice to see the lions getting it even if it's only virtually.

I would commend you for your league performance... But truth to be told, Levante's incredible league run has left me speechless o_O

Keep the great work up and Aritz Aduriz Park for the next Athletic Bilbao stadium.

.P.S.: Muniaín... If he wasn't so injury prone he would be a world class in the making ^^U

Ouch... Getting knocked out in such a fashion sure must hurt...x_X
But regardless of the result, you did a really good job dealing with such a group only bad luck (and a poor second half in the last game) prevented you to go any further.

Now it's time to focus on Europa League, history owes Athletic one (two finals played, two finals lost) so it would be nice to see the lions getting it even if it's only virtually.

I would commend you for your league performance... But truth to be told, Levante's incredible league run has left me speechless o_O

Keep the great work up and Aritz Aduriz Park for the next Athletic Bilbao stadium.

.P.S.: Muniaín... If he wasn't so injury prone he would be a world class in the making ^^U
Who would have thought Celta and Levante would have been two of our main challengers for the Champions League places whilst At Madrid have been shocking ever since i started the save, I have just bought two youngsters from Levante who could be World class will post their screenshots up later, thanks for reading,

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1043534

January 2018

How am i suppose to compete with Real Madrid when they havent lost in the league for over a Year!

View attachment 159147

Spanish Cup 5th rnd 1st leg
Sevilla 3 - Athletic 2

View attachment 159146

A poor result but it could have been worse with that very late goal from Muniain meaning we only need a 1-0 win back at our place to sneak through.

3 players come in for a combined £6.9Million fee, 2 youngsters with a huge potential and a versatile defender who is a decent addition to the squad.

View attachment 159145

Nestor Navarro - DC - (Levante)

View attachment 159144

Aritz Elustondo - DRC - (Malaga)

View attachment 159143

Sergio Marin - AMC (Levante)

View attachment 159142

Eibar 3 - Athletic 4

View attachment 159141

I gave my new youngsters a game along with another load of fringe players and boy did it show as we just about beat struggling Eibar.

Spanish Cup 5th rnd 2nd leg
Athletic 2 - Sevilla 1

View attachment 159140

We manage to get the 2-1 win at home and make the next round of the cup after our away goals win, Barcelona also went out in this round.

Villareal 1 - Athletic 2

View attachment 159139

Nobody wanted to buy Villalibre even on free transfer so hes moved down to the second team

View attachment 159138

Spanish Cup Quarter Final 1st Leg
Athletic 4 - Celta 1

View attachment 159137

A much easier game than the previous tie against Sevilla with a 4-1 win in the 1st leg meaning Celta need to beat us 3-0 in the 2nd leg to go through.

Susaeta out for 5 Weeks

View attachment 159136

With the mighty Aduriz retiring at the end of the season and Villalibre being dismissed in disgrace i decided to bring in former Athletic star Fernando Llorente for a mere £700k!

View attachment 159135

At 32 years of age you may feel Llorente is past it but Aduriz was older than this when i took charge 3 years ago and look what he has done for us!

View attachment 159134

Athletic 3 - Levante 0

View attachment 159133

Spanish Cup Quarter Final 2nd Leg
Celta 4 - Athletic 3

View attachment 159130

It was hugely exciting back and forth game with a lot of my second string struggling again whilst Llorente had a re debut to forget with a shocking game but thanks to Muniain we go through to the Semis 7-5 on aggregate.

Down to the Final 4 in the Cup were we will face Malaga and Eibar get a tough draw against Real Madrid.

View attachment 159127

Rayo 1 - Athletic 4

View attachment 159126

A comfortable win to end the month with Llorente finally scoring his first goal for the club during his new stint.

Real Madrid are collapsing in front of our eyes and its just brilliant! Since drawing with us the first points they dropped all season they have won just 4 games in the league in their last 9 matches.

View attachment 159125

League Table

View attachment 159124

3 points clear of Real Madrid and still unbeaten after 22 league games whilst Real Madrid's colossal unbeaten run was ended by Sevilla.

Sabin joins Espanyol for just £700k

View attachment 159123

Spanish Cup Semi Final 1st Leg
Athletic 3 - Malaga 2

View attachment 159122

We dominated this game and had a load of chances that we mainly squandered! We really should have guaranteed our place in the Final during this match but we missed a shed load of chances whilst they took two of theirs well.

Winter Transfer window closes with Real Madrid the big spenders as they go to the Premier League again this time for Liverpool players Origi and Moreno.

View attachment 159121

Phew, that was a big update, all done whilst watching Soccer Saturday,​

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1043564

February 2018

Athletic 0 - Sevilla 0

View attachment 159120

Real Madrid's Unbeaten run Vanquishers hold us to a goalless draw.

Spanish Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg
Malaga 2 - Athletic 2

View attachment 159119

A draw sees us make the Spanish Cup Final were we will face Title Rivals Real Madrid

View attachment 159118

Alaves 1 - Athletic 2

View attachment 159117

Messi has gone on the rampage! He has been quiet for most of the season but has now scored for Barcelona in 7 league games in a row including netting 11 goals in a 3 game span!

View attachment 159116

Europa League 1st Knockout rnd 1st leg
Marseille 2 - Athletic 3

View attachment 159115

Llorente might well have paid back his transfer fee already with a brace away from home helping towards the 3-2 win which puts us in a very strong position for the 2nd leg.

Athletic 2 - Real Sociedad 1

View attachment 159114

After his recent heroics Llorente has a mare of a game and it takes the dream team of Muniain and Aduriz to secure all 3 points.

Europa League 1st Knockout rnd 2nd leg
Athletic 3 - Marseille 1

View attachment 159113

Theres me talking about away goals and so forth but it wasnt needed as a comfortable 3-1 win with Captain Raul Garcia netting a brace seeing us through to the next round 6-3 on aggregate.

We get a tough draw in Europe as we face Tottenham in the next round, they have spent big money on the likes of Quintero and Yarmolenko and actually won the Europa League the year before last.

View attachment 159112

Athletic 1 - Real Oviedo 0

View attachment 159111

Llorente gets us out of hot water with a last gasp winner to gain all 3 points, Llorente and Aduriz seem to play terrible if they start a game but whoever replaces each of them has a brilliant match. My best two strikers both seem to like playing the role of Super Sub

League Table

View attachment 159110

2 points clear at the top of the table with a game in hand on Real Madrid! We do have a tough month coming up after March though facing Valencia, Barcelona and At Madrid all away from home whilst facing Real Madrid at home amongst those games.

Last edited:
Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1043589

March 2018

Real Betis 1 - Athletic 0

View attachment 159096

In typical FM style we go and lose our first league game of the season to Real Betis! They net in the 88th minute to hand us our first defeat in 26 league games this season.

Malaga 2 - Athletic 2

View attachment 159095

Malaga come from behind to ****** a draw and even play over 20 minutes with 10 men as we drop yet more points in the Title race.

Europa League 2nd Knockout rnd 1st Leg
Athletic 3 - Tottenham 1

View attachment 159094

A really good win against a strong Tottenham side.

Herrera likely to miss the rest of the season

View attachment 159093

Athletic 1 - Celta 0

View attachment 159092

A very lucky win against 3rd placed Celta to get our Title challenge back on track.

Europa League 2nd Knockout rnd 2nd Leg
Tottenham 4 - Athletic 2

View attachment 159090

We were well beaten here in England by Tottenham and were lucky to only concede the 4 goals but it didnt matter as our 2 away goals saw us go through to the next round.

We face AC Milan in the Europa League Quarter Finals

View attachment 159088

At Madrid bring in former Brighton Boss Oscar Garcia to take over from Diego Simeone

View attachment 159087

Back to the Spain Under19's for one game

View attachment 159086

Spain U19s 2 - Norway U19s 0

View attachment 159085

Paco and Monteys get the goals for us yet again as we secure my 3rd win in a row with the Under 19s

Its my favourite time of the Year as we get our Youth Intake and so do all the other clubs

Heres my 3 Best

Victor Sanchez - GK

View attachment 159084

Patxi Fernandez - CM

View attachment 159083

Inaki Garmendia - DL

View attachment 159082

Athletic 3 - Almeria 2

View attachment 159081

I have also gone on and spent around £2Million more on 3 youth intake players from other Spanish clubs

View attachment 159080

League Table

View attachment 159079

3 points behind Real Madrid with one game in hand, we face them this month at our place but also have Valencia, At Madrid and Barcelona to play.

Inspired signing with Llorente joining, 10 goals more than makes up for the price tag paid.

How long can your side keep performing at this level with your main strikers all being 30+?

Inspired signing with Llorente joining, 10 goals more than makes up for the price tag paid.

How long can your side keep performing at this level with your main strikers all being 30+?
I know the biggest issue with the squad is not having many players in their actually prime in the overall 25 man squad we have 9 Teenagers but then also 7 players over 30 years of age! San Jose and Herrera are probably the only two players you could say are in their prime age wise with them both being 28. I think there will be a transitional period soon with the likes of Xabi Alonso, Aduriz and Llorente likely to retire soon

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1043732

April 2018

Valencia 1 - Athletic 0

View attachment 158951

We cant stop losing now! After going unbeaten for most of the season we lose again by a single goal this time to Valencia.

Europa League Quarter Final 1st Leg
Athletic 1 - AC Milan 2

View attachment 158950

A 2-1 defeat was devastating at home as well as we have it all to do in the 2nd leg needing to win 2-0 to go through to the next round, im not sure if all these Europa League games have hindered our League Title Challenge.

Athletic 1 - Real Madrid 2

View attachment 158949

Sadio Mane's late winner all but secures another league Title win for Real Madrid.

Europa League Quarter Finals 2nd Leg
AC Milan 2 - Athletic 1

View attachment 158948

Another 2-1 loss to Milan sees us out of our tiring European Campaign with 6 Champions League games leading on to 6 more Europa League games for no reward.

Defeat in Europa League

View attachment 158947

The future looks bright though with the Under 19's winning the League

View attachment 158946

Athletic 1 - Getafe 0

View attachment 158944

Benat to miss the last few weeks of the season

View attachment 158943

At Madrid 0 - Athletic 0

View attachment 158942

At Madrid absolutely battered us with 23 shots on goal compared to our 3 but we just about managed to hold onto the draw.

Aduriz has gone 10 games without a goal albeit most have been from the bench

View attachment 158941

Barcelona 2 - Athletic 0

View attachment 158940

Another poor game and another poor loss, i know a loss to Barcelona is not a terrible thing but we didnt even look like challenging them in this game

Athletic 2 - Cordoba 0

View attachment 158939

Yes back to winning ways but Aduriz went off injured and could well never play again.

Garcia out for 3 Months

View attachment 158938

The Baron of Bilbao was set to miss the last few games but with his retirement coming up i had to give him the painkillers and see if he could score again.

View attachment 158937

Real Madrid Win La Liga

View attachment 158936

League Table

View attachment 158935

7 points behind Real Madrid with 2 games to go.​

done a good job with Bilbao and hopefully the Baron can grab a few goals to sign off with

How's Muniain doing mate? I wonder your thoughts...

You got so close of claiming the league title once again... It's unfortunate but you've done a magnificent job with them so far and you know what they say: "third time's the charm".

Nice signings you've made, Marín looks like he can become a top class attacking mid if he develops properly.
Also a lil' piece of advice: Don't forget to keep checking the lower division Basque and Navarre teams (like Second Dvision B and Third Division teams) since they can occasionally produce good regens (In my save Sestao (a Basque team from Second Division B) produced a regen with "leading Liga BBVA player potential" it's kind of needless to say but half Liga BBVA fought over the lad (Athletic Bilbao included)).

Keep up the good work, the titles will eventually come I'm sure of it.

Fantasti save! Hope the young players can now come in and help you kick on in the next couple of years

done a good job with Bilbao and hopefully the Baron can grab a few goals to sign off with
im desperate for him to get at least one more goal before he retires!
How's Muniain doing mate? I wonder your thoughts...
Hes done well on the wing with 26 goals and 10 assists, if i played him upfront he may get even more but i havent used him up top yet, he is a little bit injury prone though,
You got so close of claiming the league title once again... It's unfortunate but you've done a magnificent job with them so far and you know what they say: "third time's the charm".

Nice signings you've made, Marín looks like he can become a top class attacking mid if he develops properly.
Also a lil' piece of advice: Don't forget to keep checking the lower division Basque and Navarre teams (like Second Dvision B and Third Division teams) since they can occasionally produce good regens (In my save Sestao (a Basque team from Second Division B) produced a regen with "leading Liga BBVA player potential" it's kind of needless to say but half Liga BBVA fought over the lad (Athletic Bilbao included)).

Keep up the good work, the titles will eventually come I'm sure of it.
Thanks mate, really looking forward to next few seasons now whilst my youth players start to develop, may have a bit of a clear out from the older players got several leaving due to contracts expiring in the summer so should be a big change next year
Fantasti save! Hope the young players can now come in and help you kick on in the next couple of years
Thanks mate, going to start using the youth players a bit more with some of the squad players contracts up in the summer and others retiring i have like 6 squad players leaving and hope to let the kids take their places and get some game time.

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1044568

May 2018

With the Qualifiers or the Under19 European Championships coming up i bring in 3 of my youngsters to play in the side, pinching them from the Under21's who dont have a game.

View attachment 158209

Ouch Susaeta set to miss 5 Months!!!

View attachment 158208

Athletic 4 - Eibar 1

View attachment 158207

We are like the Arsenal of the Spanish division! Now that the pressure is off and the Title is lost we play some brilliant football and score a few beautiful goals.

The Baron has more Injections in his bid to net that final goal

View attachment 158206

Central Midfielder Fernandez and Keeper Sanchez make their debuts

View attachment 158205

So we basically have to play 3 games in quick succession with the Under19's and whoever tops the group makes the Finals in June.

Heres the Starting 11

View attachment 158204

SpainU19s 2 - BelgiumU19s 0

View attachment 158203

Who else but Monteys and Paco? They have scored 8 out of the 10 goals that my side have scored so far since i took charge.

PolandU19s 0 - SpainU19s

View attachment 158202

A good result as one of my super subs nets the only goal of the game to secure our place in the Finals.

Spain Qualify for the Under19's European Championships

View attachment 158201

Monteys set to miss the last game

View attachment 158200

SpainU19's 2 - Northern IrelandU19's 1

View attachment 158199

So the Top team from all 8 groups go through to the Finals in June into two groups.

View attachment 158198

Granada 1 - Athletic 2

View attachment 158197

We ended the League season well with a 2-1 win but the Baron missed the chance to score again, The Cup Final might be too much of a big deal to let him start so that could have been his last chance to score.

League Table

View attachment 158196

So we end the season just 4 points off Real Madrid with Barcelona in 3rd place, At Madrid are not even in Europe all the way down in 8th whilst Rayo, Getafe and Alaves are the teams that get relegated.

Spanish Cup Final
Real Madrid 0 - Athletic Bilbao 1

View attachment 158195

Oh YESSSSSS!!!!!! We beat our rivals Real Madrid thanks to an own goal just 14 minutes into the tie! We had more possession but they had a shed load of chances and we did have 11 men behind the ball for most of the game but it does matter!!!!

Athletic Bilbao Win Spanish Cup!

View attachment 158194

Brilliant result to win the cup after losing out on the title again! Own goal or not a wins a win!

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1044676

May 2018 Part 2

Muniain is the Top Spanish Goalscorer in the league this season whilst Aduriz was just 2 goals behind despite being 37 and not scoring for the last 14 odd matches

View attachment 158117

Raul Garcia and Oscar De Marcos the only two Athletic players to make the Team of the Year

View attachment 158116

3 Players from Athletic set to go to the World Cup

View attachment 158115

AC Milan the team who beat us in the Europa League made it all the way to the Final but lost out to fellow Italian side Roma in the Finals.

View attachment 158114

Squad in Order of Most Apps

View attachment 158113

Top Goalscorer - Iker Muniain - At 25 years of age he finally starts to reach that potential everybody has been talking about with a solid full season injury free seeing him net 26 goals.

View attachment 158110

Best Player - Oscar De Marcos - Everybody wants him at the moment and you can see why, he plays for us mainly at RB and has recently broken back into Spain National team.

View attachment 158108

Best Young Player - Julen Arenallo - Despite giving him over 20 games this season his potential seems to have dropped but he was the only youngster to get any significant game time with us.

View attachment 158107

Xabi Alonso and Fernando Llorente Join the Best Eleven Ever

View attachment 158106

Best Eleven Ever
(3 Seasons)

View attachment 158105

Athletic End of Season Awards

View attachment 158104

Season Review

View attachment 158103

I think it says a lot about how far we have come if a 2-0 loss to Barcelona away from home is considered our biggest moment to forget this past season.

Youth Facilities Expansion Cancelled!!!

View attachment 158102

Chelsea Beat Liverpool in yet another all English Champions League Final

View attachment 158101

Thats right Gary Neville is the Chelsea Boss and the fans love him!

View attachment 158100

Athletic Bilbao

View attachment 1044753

June/July 2018 Part 1

We break into the Top 25 Clubs in the new European Rankings.

View attachment 158042

The same 3 Athletic players are set to join me at the Under 19's European Championships

View attachment 158041

Goalkeeper Iraizoz Retires

View attachment 158040

So the Baron of Bilbao didnt manage to get his Final goal for the club in recent months but im sure going to miss him, was glad to see him off with the Spanish Cup Win.

View attachment 158039

8 Squad Players Leave Athletic

View attachment 158038

3 Youngsters with massive potential join for a combined £1.3Million all of them are regens from the recent youth intake for other clubs

View attachment 158037

Juan Jose - ST

View attachment 158036

Alberto - CM

View attachment 158035

Jesus Maria Ruiz - DC

View attachment 158034

Xabi Alonso joins Fiorentina for £2Million, hes now 36 year of age and we were spending big wages on him so i thought i would cash in on him and give some of our other central midfielders a chance.

View attachment 158033

Mikel San Jose joins Lyon for over £8Million, a very good deal considering hes probably only our 3rd/4th choice centre back, again he was on good wages and i now have 3 teenager centre backs with huge potential and i wanted them to get more game time.

View attachment 158031

Ramalho joins Levante for just under £2Million for similar reasons, he has not progressed like i would have hoped and i decided to cash in after our recent money problems.

View attachment 158028