I'm running 14.3 but can only have 1 player on the 6 yard box defending corners, alot of you guys have more, any ideas?

So anyone scoring of corners with this new find? any success?

I'm wondering if something like Delivery to near post. One player attack Nr post, one nr post flick on, one attack from deep and all others on attack far post?

Been searching around a bit on the webs for the corner exploits on the older versions of FM. Found this for FM12, do you think it could work? Or is there any change in the ME that render it useless?

The Dugout Football Manager Community - View Single Post - Corner tricks

Haven't been able to test it myself yet.

EDIT: Been doing friendlies against following opponents: Ajax. SLB B, Gremio.

Against Ajax: 1 goal from corner
Against SLB B: 1 goal from corner
Against Gremio: 3 goals from corners (1 counted as own goal by their keeper)

Note that my best corner taker have 14 in the corner attribute, and my CB attacking near post have 18 in heading and 14 in jumping. My CB attacking their keeper have 16 in heading and 16 in jumping. Im playing as SLB, in 2018 (mostly young regens).

Last edited:
Been searching around a bit on the webs for the corner exploits on the older versions of FM. Found this for FM12, do you think it could work? Or is there any change in the ME that render it useless?

Note that my best corner taker have 14 in the corner attribute, and my CB attacking near post have 18 in heading and 14 in jumping. My CB attacking their keeper have 16 in heading and 16 in jumping. Im playing as SLB, in 2018 (mostly young regens).
Working well for me.

so, having 2 at the back, 1 to GK and the other 7 lurking made you score 1 goal per game, at least, right?

Thats what he's put. so i would think so.

tried and my att near post player is useless, every ball is going on challenge keeper player and keeper always beat him

tried and my att near post player is useless, every ball is going on challenge keeper player and keeper always beat him

Have 2 challenge the keeper :)

LB - BACK
RB - BACK

CB -ATTACK FAR
CB ATTACK NEAR

MC X 2 - LURK

RW - TAKER
LW - STAND ON FAR

FW X 2 CHALLENGE KEEPER.

Rough house corners ! :)

Last edited:

LB - BACK
RB - BACK

CB -ATTACK FAR
CB ATTACK NEAR

MC X 2 - LURK

RW - TAKER
LW - STAND ON FAR

FW X 2 CHALLENGE KEEPER.

I did try that...and it didn't work.

more than one player challenging is not working

I use 1st corner routine with 1 attacking near poat, 1 staying in near post, 1 challenging the GK and 1 in the far post. 1 outside the area and 1 more coming from outside.

Scored 5 goals in 20 matches...

Yes mate I love this new freedom of setting as many players where I want z working on set pieces alone now .never
thought of applying things like this in attacking and defending FK . So looking forward to them as well . Hopefully by tonight I will release set pieces alone for 14.3

jassar,
any news on the set pieces?
Thanks for the work.

LB - BACK
RB - BACK

CB -ATTACK FAR
CB ATTACK NEAR

MC X 2 - LURK

RW - TAKER
LW - STAND ON FAR

FW X 2 CHALLENGE KEEPER.

Aiming for near post?

jassar,
any news on the set pieces?
Thanks for the work.

still working on attack corners .rest defending and FK is done ,so asa i figure out the attacking ones i will post .But the problem i have seen is that if i ask players to kick near post my players just randomly kick it in different spots , that's what i have seen in 14.3

here's a thought, why not confuse the ME during attacking corners? why not try putting most of your players on the far post with no one on the near post and play it to near post.

I'm a coach and iv'e done this before and it worked really well with my young lads we scored 25 goals from corners alone in 1 season using this technique.

maybe something to look into?

Yes Jassar I've noticed that too. Nezza will give that a try aswell. thanks