Barcelona after Messi, Xavi and Iniesta - Your view

Buggered with any luck. But they'll do what they always do - spend millions on anyone they want despite being massively in debt and ruining the Spanish banks.

They're upgrading La Masia as well, which is a brilliant Youth Academy.

tbh with you most of their team are from their very own Youth Academies and although they do spend money, its considerably less than their Spanish Rivals

tbh with you most of their team are from their very own Youth Academies and although they do spend money, its considerably less than their Spanish Rivals

i agree with alcaraz... look real madrid, they almost don't have any memeber of ther academy in first team

It's less than Madrid this year... That's about it. And it's not saying much, Madrid are building their new galacticos.

Barca's recent spending

Dani Alves - € 32m
Villa - € 30m
Pique (again) - almost £20m
Ibra - €50m + Eto'o
Maxwell - €4.5
Dmytro Chyhrynskiy - €25m
Keita - €14 mil
Caceres - €16.5 m
Afellay - ??
Keirrison - €14 m
Henry - £12 m

Also - Barca are not really in control of their debt - They had to jump into bed with the Qatar foundation and support their bid for the WC (Corruption much?) in order to haul themselves out of this mess which they are still not out of.

Says the ever reliable Swiss Rambler

Affelay, Eriksen (my bet) and Fabregas (hopefully not).

It's less than Madrid this year... That's about it. And it's not saying much, Madrid are building their new galacticos.

Barca's recent spending

Dani Alves - € 32m
Villa - € 30m
Ibra - €50m + Eto'o
Maxwell - €4.5
Keita - €14 mil
Caceres - €16.5 m
Afellay - ??
Keirrison - €14 m
Henry - £12 m

Also - Barca are not really in control of their debt - They had to jump into bed with the Qatar foundation and support their bid for the WC (Corruption much?) in order to haul themselves out of this mess which they are still not out of.

Pique 20Mill? Wasn't it around 5million Euros up front then after 50 appearances another 5. Affelay was around 3million Euros which was a bargain.

Of course Barcelona spend but they can become self sufficient by bringing in youngsters through their youth academy. Believe they are or were still owed there payments for the tv rights which did cause them short term problems.

Barca's recent spending

Dani Alves - € 32m
Villa - € 30m
Ibra - €50m + Eto'o
Maxwell - €4.5
Keita - €14 mil
Caceres - €16.5 m
Afellay - ??
Keirrison - €14 m
Henry - £12 m

You and Mantralux really **** me off with your Barcelona hatred, it's pathetic, all over the fact that they tried to sign your player. Cry me a river.

Where is the proof of corruption? All because Barcelona found themselves a very good deal from Qatar (a country wanting to get involved in football more) The best team in the world deserves the best sponsorship no?

You and Mantralux really **** me off with your Barcelona hatred, it's pathetic, all over the fact that they tried to sign your player. Cry me a river.

Where is the proof of corruption? All because Barcelona found themselves a very good deal from Qatar (a country wanting to get involved in football more) The best team in the world deserves the best sponsorship no?
jones take a chill pill. its well documented that Barca's debt meant they had to take a sponsor

and also barca have spent well over 550 million in the last decade, only madrid have spent more money

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

jesus, i dont see any corruption in the matter, u seem to be on some anti-barcelona crusade or something, they are the best team in the world and they deserve the best sponsorship in the world plus they are in control of their debt if you are arsen enough to read some of the financial reports, they negiotiate their own tv rights and this sponsorship will also make them the richect club on the planet alongside Real Madrid
you miss the point they had to take sponsorship, and beome a business like any club because of their debts

i agree with alcaraz... look real madrid, they almost don't have any memeber of ther academy in first team

agree, when I take control of Madrid (which is when Perez is out of the club, round about 2015/16 timeline) I sell all the dead weight and bring in Casilla Players or Real Madrid C players & give them enough game time or loan them out

jones take a chill pill. its well documented that Barca's debt meant they had to take a sponsor

and also barca have spent well over 550 million in the last decade, only madrid have spent more money

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

you miss the point they had to take sponsorship, and beome a business like any club because of their debts

i agree but i dont see logic in how Joss said there was courruption involved in the matter

I never got the Barca hatred in the first place by people who aren't Arsenal fans. Even people who are I'm still rather mystified that they hate them SO much...

I'd also question some of those figures. £20 mil for Pique? Surely not. Afellay cost nothing, too. If you look at some of those figures, they're bargains. Just over 10 mil for Keita? Ditto for Henry and the promising Keirrison. Dani Alves and Villa are most definitely worth the money.

Besides, you're going back, what, four years with all those transfers? Ridiculous. Barcelona are developing their own talent through an unmatched academy, but supplementing it with players of proven top-class quality. This is the reason they're the best in the world. Other clubs like Arsenal (the only real top-class club who rely on their academy to such an extent) don't challenge for the Champions League because they're just lacking that extra edge of quality big money transfers like this bring.

I never got the Barca hatred in the first place by people who aren't Arsenal fans. Even people who are I'm still rather mystified that they hate them SO much...

I'd also question some of those figures. £20 mil for Pique? Surely not. Afellay cost nothing, too. If you look at some of those figures, they're bargains. Just over 10 mil for Keita? Ditto for Henry and the promising Keirrison. Dani Alves and Villa are most definitely worth the money.

Besides, you're going back, what, four years with all those transfers? Ridiculous. Barcelona are developing their own talent through an unmatched academy, but supplementing it with players of proven top-class quality. This is the reason they're the best in the world. Other clubs like Arsenal (the only real top-class club who rely on their academy to such an extent) don't challenge for the Champions League because they're just lacking that extra edge of quality big money transfers like this bring.

i agree with you, most people seem they have made it their life's ambition to undermine Barcelona in every way possible

This was Xavi's point in the interview,

Pique was 5 million for the record

My post from other thread..
And Barca do spend money. Present team has so many home grown players. But they have spent huge on

All transfers in Euros.
Zambrotta- 14Million
Marquez - 5 Million
Deco- 15 Million +Quareshma that equates to 21 Million
Eto'o - 24 Million
Ronaldinho - 30 Million
Thuram - 5 Million
Edmilson - 10 Million
Gudjohnsen - 12 Million
Giuly - 7 Million
Quareshma - 6Million
Milito - 20 Million
Abidal 15 Million
Yaya toure 9 Million
Henry 24 Million
Caceres - 17 Million XD
Keita 14 Million
Dani Alves 29 Million
Hleb 15 MillionXD
Riquelme 10 Million
Savilola 15 Million
Kluivert 9 Million pounds
Overmars - 25 Million pounds which was 40 Million Euros at that time
Rochemback - 9 Million
Andersson- 9 Million
Geovanni - 21 Million
Christanval - 15 Million
Pique 5 Million
Chygrynskiy 25 Million XDXD
David Villa 40 Million
Mascherano 21 Million
Adriano 10 Million
Zlatan - 46 Million plus Eto'o which comes around 66 Million.
Keirrison 16 Million

Which is close to 567 Millon. I haven't included all the deals, just the important ones.

Who hates Barca? I definetely dont lol. They spend more than Arsenal do though thats for sure. Wouldn't compare them to Real though. Henry wasn't a bargain I reckon Wenger did them dirty on that deal :) Afellay surely wasn't that cheap? If he was, well played Barca.

My post from other thread..
exactly the post i was looking for. thanks

barcelona are an excellent club, but people need to stop getting caught up in some of the myths. The accounts dont lie

When you consider whole decade they are in second position when it comes to spending. Not to include the huge wage structure they got. Offering Messi close to 300 KPW.

And Keirrison has to be one of the worst buy. 15 Million and haven't started single game in 2 seasons. Not worth it. He was promising, but Barca made mess of the transfer.

Contract runs out at the end of this season. Bargain.

The thing is, Barca can afford to spend big because they win. They can offset their occasional massive spending that they do with big wins like their stranglehold on La Liga and their Champions League threat.

When you consider whole decade they are in second position when it comes to spending. Not to include the huge wage structure they got. Offering Messi close to 300 KPW.

And Keirrison has to be one of the worst buy. 15 Million and haven't started single game in 2 seasons. Not worth it. He was promising, but Barca made mess of the transfer.

Okay, but they've got for their money a sackful of La Liga titles, a Champions League win and a young best team in the world which hasn't yet fulfilled its potential. By spending now, barca have assured their dominance for a long time to come.

Last edited: