Barcelona after Messi, Xavi and Iniesta - Your view

Being a Barcelona supporter, we all know those three are the brain, the heart and the soul of Barcelona. Without them three Barca would probably be still good - due to the team's philosophy that have been taught from the academy - but will 100% be not as good as it is now.

If by 'after' you mean them being sold, well in that case we can buy as well. Thiago will definitely be a replacement in the midfield. Cesc also will be bought. And Messi, well no one can replace him, but we have Pedro or Bojan (okay at this form he's not that good). Doubt these 3 will be sold though.

But if you mean after as in retired.. well that's a whole new generation wouldnt it. Barcelona after Messi Xavi Iniesta is the same as MU after Rooney Nani Fletcher or Arsenal after Cesc Nasri Van Persie and same goes to the other team. So pretty much it's uncomparable if you only take out Messi Xavi Iniesta and weight Barca without them vs teams with current squad.

That being said though, assuming there is no big purchase or anything, I believe Barca have one of the best reserve team in the world. Players such as Thiago, Fontas, Bartra, Jeffren and others are very talented and definitely be future first teams.

I'm not arguing the fact they had to take on a sponsorship because of the debt,
but the way both Joss and Mantralux go on about there being some sort of corruption is pathetic

It's one point. You don't think it's at all suspicious that 2 weeks after helping a country rich through oil, corruption, etc. they sign their first sponsorship deal with the Qatar Foundation. Blatter even said before that there was some voting inconsistencies with Spain and Qatar.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...atar-World-Cup-bid-teams-did-trade-votes.html

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Being a Barcelona supporter, we all know those three are the brain, the heart and the soul of Barcelona. Without them three Barca would probably be still good - due to the team's philosophy that have been taught from the academy - but will 100% be not as good as it is now.

If by 'after' you mean them being sold, well in that case we can buy as well. Thiago will definitely be a replacement in the midfield. Cesc also will be bought. And Messi, well no one can replace him, but we have Pedro or Bojan (okay at this form he's not that good). Doubt these 3 will be sold though.

But if you mean after as in retired.. well that's a whole new generation wouldnt it. Barcelona after Messi Xavi Iniesta is the same as MU after Rooney Nani Fletcher or Arsenal after Cesc Nasri Van Persie and same goes to the other team. So pretty much it's uncomparable if you only take out Messi Xavi Iniesta and weight Barca without them vs teams with current squad.

That being said though, assuming there is no big purchase or anything, I believe Barca have one of the best reserve team in the world. Players such as Thiago, Fontas, Bartra, Jeffren and others are very talented and definitely be future first teams.

Firstly. Stop this nonsense about Cesc.

This is exactly the arrogance I'm talking about, everyone talks about it as if it's a done deal. Arsenal have the last say, he's under contract and there's no reason why we have to sell him.

Secondly, the point about Xavi, Iniesta, Messi is that the latter two are getting on and this is probably the best Barca side there has ever been. Surpassing Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and co. and when Cruyff was playing.

I love how your attitude is just, well they're old now, we'll just go out and spend a couple of hundred million on new players. No bother.

Shame that FIFA never take any action against them for tapping up. Xavi, Pique, Puyol were so pathetic in every interview in the summer.

Well call me bias but isn't it the journalist fault to ask the same questions over and over?

I mean in every interview they always asked about what's their opinion on the Cesc transfer saga.

So isn't it fair for the to express their opinion.

If I'm not wrong they were just saying either
how great Cesc as a player is,
that is a good as teammate in Spain as well he is in person,
and that he was from the Barca academy and since they play together in Spain he would do well in Barca
and since Cesc was desiring to go back to Barca earlier, then if that would come through then they would welcome him and really happy to play with him as a team.

So what I'm saying is those opinions doesn't come out of nowhere. It's not like Xavi / Pique / Puyol call a press conference and rambles about Cesc. Blame the reporter for having nothing else to ask.

Well call me bias but isn't it the journalist fault to ask the same questions over and over?

I mean in every interview they always asked about what's their opinion on the Cesc transfer saga.

and that he was from the Barca academy and since they play together in Spain he would do well in Barca
and since Cesc was desiring to go back to Barca earlier, then if that would come through then they would welcome him and really happy to play with him as a team.

So what I'm saying is those opinions doesn't come out of nowhere. It's not like Xavi / Pique / Puyol call a press conference and rambles about Cesc. Blame the reporter for having nothing else to ask.

How much effort it needs not to comment on transfer saga on player who is under contract or to say it is upto Manager instead of acting almighty and say "Cesc is on loan at arsenal and will sign for Barca in jan"

They will just replace them like every top team does. I've started to think that Cesc is basically just on loan at Arsenal untill Barca need him. No point him going now to sit on the bench like he does for Spain when he can play first team football an improve every day at a team he enjoys playing for which plays the type of football Barca likes.

As soon as Xavi starts to deplete I think they will bring in Cesc (probably not next summer).

Before all your closet sky sports crew jump on me its just an opinion.

This is exactly the arrogance I'm talking about, everyone talks about it as if it's a done deal. Arsenal have the last say, he's under contract and there's no reason why we have to sell him.

Cesc wants to go at some point.

Wenger generally lets people go if there unhappy.

Cesc WILL go to Barcelona.

You're so cluesless it's actually funny.

A player can just say "Cesc is an Arsenal player, I have nothing to say".

Spain players forced a Barca shirt on him.

Barca players talk about how he's a Barcelona player, as if it's a pre-determined deal and there's no stopping it. He isn't your player, and there's no reason for Arsenal to sell him.

Fabregas never said he wanted to leave, this has been twisted over and over by the media, and now everyone believes he said something that he quite clearly didn't.

No it's not fair for them to express their opinion. E.G. Xavi, "looks shamefacedly" at suggestions he was ****-stirring: "I never talked to the media" he says, before basically saying Cesc is a Barca player, he belongs there and it is inevitable he will go there. Disrespectful, and quite frankly embarrassing that they are that arrogant.

These things DO come from nowhere, though. They make **** up like "Oh, Fabregas texted me this morning saying how much he loves Barcelona FC". Who are they to speak on behalf of our captain? No one. They're just arrogant little ******.

Secondly, the point about Xavi, Iniesta, Messi is that the latter two are getting on and this is probably the best Barca side there has ever been. Surpassing Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and co. and when Cruyff was playing.

I love how your attitude is just, well they're old now, we'll just go out and spend a couple of hundred million on new players. No bother.

Okay sorry about that Cesc thing. I'm not saying that is a done deal. English is not my first language so what I was tyring to express may come out wrong.

The part where I said 'Cesc will be bought' is that so far the main issue of Barca not getting Cesc is the bid isn't it? Well I know a high bid can be rejected by Arsenal since Cesc is legally is theirs. If I'm not mistaken last summer Barca bid at like 30m or something and Arsenal said they rejected it and that Cesc is valued higher around 50m or something. Correct me on the exact value.

Assuming Xavi, Iniesta, or/and Messi is sold then Barca would have some cash to spend. Not only that, we will be in crisis of midfielder. I'm pretty sure the people in Barca would firstly look into Cesc and bid way higher - which probably will satisfy Arsenal's bank account and while Barca will probably overspend but at least they got what they wanted. A Xavi/Iniesta replacement. Just like Liverpool and Carrol's case.

Cesc wants to go at some point.

Wenger generally lets people go if there unhappy.

Cesc WILL go to Barcelona.

Find me ONE RELIABLE quote where he says that.

Go on. I dare you.

Find one quote where he says "I want to go". kthanksbye

Joss is so ****** XD

Cesc will go to Barca at some point, but 30 Million is just an insult to the player and the club.

Okay sorry about that Cesc thing. I'm not saying that is a done deal. English is not my first language so what I was tyring to express may come out wrong.

The part where I said 'Cesc will be bought' is that so far the main issue of Barca not getting Cesc is the bid isn't it? Well I know a high bid can be rejected by Arsenal since Cesc is legally is theirs. If I'm not mistaken last summer Barca bid at like 30m or something and Arsenal said they rejected it and that Cesc is valued higher around 50m or something. Correct me on the exact value.

Assuming Xavi, Iniesta, or/and Messi is sold then Barca would have some cash to spend. Not only that, we will be in crisis of midfielder. I'm pretty sure the people in Barca would firstly look into Cesc and bid way higher - which probably will satisfy Arsenal's bank account and while Barca will probably overspend but at least they got what they wanted. A Xavi/Iniesta replacement. Just like Liverpool and Carrol's case.

..And still...

Stop being so naive.

I know your a Barca fan and therefore everything can be settled with a little bribe and some corruption but seriously?

The bid was embarrassing and utterly disrespectful, £30 is never going to swing it. Neither will £50m. Arsenal have said he's not for sale. Full stop.

Find me ONE RELIABLE quote where he says that.

Go on. I dare you.

Find one quote where he says "I want to go". kthanksbye

"If I ever leave Arsenal it will be to play for Barcelona. I would like to go, whether they want me or not is another matter.

"I am 23 years old and I have a long career in front of me. I've never hidden the fact that playing for Barcelona is a dream that I would like to fulfil."

bOOm, theres ya dinner.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6152260,00.html

Joss is so ****** XD

Cesc will go to Barca at some point, but 30 Million is just an insult to the player and the club.

Because everyone is talking like this.

If everyone started saying Rooney is 100% going to join Barcelona, or Rio Ferdinand, or whoever is 100% going to join another club, and is simply "on loan" at Utd, you'd be pretty ******.

CJ - Don't worry, you'll know what it feels like this summer when every top club comes in for Gareth Bale.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

"If I ever leave Arsenal it will be to play for Barcelona. I would like to go, whether they want me or not is another matter.

"I am 23 years old and I have a long career in front of me. I've never hidden the fact that playing for Barcelona is a dream that I would like to fulfil."

bOOm, theres ya dinner.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6152260,00.html

Yeah.

I would like to go to Barcelona. IF I EVER LEAVE.

Not, I want to leave this summer, Arsenal won't let me go, blah blah blah.

IF is the key word you've chosen not to highlight.

Yeah.

Thats the key sentence mate.

Yeah.

*Sigh*

I never said he would go this summer. I said he will go at some point, which is tbh common knowledge.

mmmk?

Because everyone is talking like this.

If everyone started saying Rooney is 100% going to join Barcelona, or Rio Ferdinand, or whoever is 100% going to join another club, and is simply "on loan" at Utd, you'd be pretty ******..

Very much, but we never said Ronaldo will never be sold to Madrid as we all knew he would end up there.

Yeah.

Thats the key sentence mate.[/QUOTE]

Exactly?

He's 23, has a long career ahead of him. He would like to play for Barca if he ever leaves Arsenal in his long career.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

*Sigh*

I never said he would go this summer. I said he will go at some point, which is tbh common knowledge.

mmmk?

Ah fair enough on this occasion then. Misread.

Still.

The majority of us are saying he will go at some point and I said I think it will be when Xavi starts to get too old.

Your just getting too defensive lol.

The majority of us are saying he will go at some point and I said I think it will be when Xavi starts to get too old.

Your just getting too defensive lol.

Oh my bad.

Didn't realise that as long as the majority of you believe it's a foregone conclusion, I'm not allowed to support my club's right to reject any bid for our captain and criticise Barca for tapping him up.

I'll know for future reference now. (H)

You're so cluesless it's actually funny.

A player can just say "Cesc is an Arsenal player, I have nothing to say".

Spain players forced a Barca shirt on him.

Barca players talk about how he's a Barcelona player, as if it's a pre-determined deal and there's no stopping it. He isn't your player, and there's no reason for Arsenal to sell him.

Fabregas never said he wanted to leave, this has been twisted over and over by the media, and now everyone believes he said something that he quite clearly didn't.

No it's not fair for them to express their opinion. E.G. Xavi, "looks shamefacedly" at suggestions he was ****-stirring: "I never talked to the media" he says, before basically saying Cesc is a Barca player, he belongs there and it is inevitable he will go there. Disrespectful, and quite frankly embarrassing that they are that arrogant.

These things DO come from nowhere, though. They make **** up like "Oh, Fabregas texted me this morning saying how much he loves Barcelona FC". Who are they to speak on behalf of our captain? No one. They're just arrogant little ******.

Well yes I am funny. :p

I have to agree on you on the Barca shirt prank. I didn't like what they did back then as soon as I saw it. That's just wrong especially doing it publicly.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6161191,00.html

I don't know if that's a reliable report for you or not, but it's from SSN.

I believe at one point Cesc did express him wanting to go out to Barca though.
Was there any statement that he certainly said that he never had the desire to leave Arsenal?

But mehh, I think they just voice their opinion and it's still fair, but sometimes the media just overtwisted it.

But yeah I get it if Arsenal fans or basically any Barca haters, hate how Barca is perceived in the media.

Joss is so ****** XD

XD

30 million was just a first bid though right? I don't think starting a lower bid and then negotiate or higher it overtime is an insult. That's just negotiating.

Asking on a lower price is certainly better than offering a way overpriced bid such as.. well I don't really want to name anyone here as everyone's opinion is different on a price.

Barca stated that they weren't able to meet Arsenal's demand