Barcelona's Sergio Busquets faces Uefa action over racist abuse claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decision made on Monday.. Case being seen on Sunday.

Can't believe Curtis is trying to defend this. If he's been racist, he deserves a ban. Really simple.

Oh FFS I wasn't trying to defend him all I was saying is that they would be breaking precedent if they banned him for comments made in match to another player. And I personally don't think he's racist he was obviously just trying to wind him up (which is what people in the other thread said). But it is a very, very toolish thing to do and if he does get the ban he can't really complain. Anyone stupid enough to make racist remarks in a high profile game can't complain about getting banned. Serves him right, he's a tool and a diver and the final is probably better off without him, although it's a big blow for Barca.

If Biscuits is banned then it saves a yellow card for Carrick or Park for sure.. Even saved a red for Rooney.

God I will be so happy if he gets banned. Not that we are scared of mighty Biscuits, but after his disgraceful peek a boo I was more scared of our players getting sent off for one more oscar performance by him.

If they see that he's guilty, he should be banned for a few months, not only the champions league final, because UEFA have been fighting to keep racism out of football, and this what he did is just plain stupid, shouldn't be allowed.. There is a huge difference when the fans do it, and when a player who's supposed to be supporting the "Fight against racism" does it...

Oh FFS I wasn't trying to defend him all I was saying is that they would be breaking precedent if they banned him for comments made in match to another player. And I personally don't think he's racist he was obviously just trying to wind him up (which is what people in the other thread said). But it is a very, very toolish thing to do and if he does get the ban he can't really complain. Anyone stupid enough to make racist remarks in a high profile game can't complain about getting banned. Serves him right, he's a tool and a diver and the final is probably better off without him, although it's a big blow for Barca.

KIO_Web.jpg

It doesn't matter if he's just winding him up. It's no less offensive -- saying they're breaking a precedent is stupid. Obviously they would ban someone if they KNEW from video evidence etc. someone had been racist. It's one thing winding someone up and having some banter, but racism is not acceptable.

Discusting behaviour, deserves a fine and a ban but I shouldn't imagine he'd be a massive loss.

Busquets being racist just fights against the message UEFA and FIFA (and FM) has been trying to get in peoples heads, kick racism out of football. Bisquits is setting a horrible example for his fans. "If one of our players does it, why can't we do it?".

If he said something racist, he deserves to be banned, racism should not tolerated to any extenet any where in the world

Discusting behaviour, deserves a fine and a ban but I shouldn't imagine he'd be a massive loss.

I think he will be a big loss tbh. Although he may not be the best, he fits Barcelona's style perfectly unlike Mascherno who will probably be the player replacing him if he does get banned.

Disgusting from Busquets, warrants a ban and a hefty fine imo.

I think he will be a big loss tbh. Although he may not be the best, he fits Barcelona's style perfectly unlike Mascherno who will probably be the player replacing him if he does get banned.

Disgusting from Busquets, warrants a ban and a hefty fine imo.

I would have thought Mascherno would have been the prefered choice but I must admit I don't watch Barcelona too much so can't really comment.

I would have thought Mascherno would have been the prefered choice but I must admit I don't watch Barcelona too much so can't really comment.

Guardiola likes Busquets, probably because they are very similar players with similar careers. Busquets works well with their system and Mascherano doesn't (yet).

I take what I said back then, if found qualty and is banned for the final then he'd be a big loss for Barcelona :)

KIO_Web.jpg

It doesn't matter if he's just winding him up. It's no less offensive -- saying they're breaking a precedent is stupid. Obviously they would ban someone if they KNEW from video evidence etc. someone had been racist. It's one thing winding someone up and having some banter, but racism is not acceptable.

Which is why I said he can't complain if he gets banned.

Having said that, it is without precedent, and where do you draw the line? What about misognyst comments? Homophobic comments? Because those happen every single game. I'm not sure how I feel about banning a player from the most important match in football for a comment made on the field, because the worst kinds of things are said every single game. It's totally inconsistent, and it does suck to see an example made of someone in such an important match. You want to see the best starting 11's play each other, in the final and without Busquets Barca doesn't stand a chance.

More importantly this is exactly how FIFA deals with racism. Find one unpopular player, make an example of him, and not do **** about it for the rest of the year. There are all of these slogans, and occasionally they make an example out of someone, but the vast majority of racism in the game goes ignored. Yet they will ban this one player and talk about how righteous they are in "winning" the fight against racism.

And yes, this will certainly seal the deal. Mascherano is a better player than Busquets but Busquets fits their system perfectly. I thought Barca had a slight chance to win, but this seals it, they don't have a shot in **** now.

Having said that, it is without precedent, and where do you draw the line? What about misognyst comments? Homophobic comments? Because those happen every single game. I'm not sure how I feel about banning a player from the most important match in football for a comment made on the field, because the worst kinds of things are said every single game. It's totally inconsistent, and it does suck to see an example made of someone in such an important match. You want to see the best starting 11's play each other, in the final and without Busquets Barca doesn't stand a chance.

More importantly this is exactly how FIFA deals with racism. Find one unpopular player, make an example of him, and not do **** about it for the rest of the year. There are all of these slogans, and occasionally they make an example out of someone, but the vast majority of racism in the game goes ignored. Yet they will ban this one player and talk about how righteous they are in "winning" the fight against racism.

And yes, this will certainly seal the deal. Mascherano is a better player than Busquets but Busquets fits their system perfectly. I thought Barca had a slight chance to win, but this seals it, they don't have a shot in **** now.

Well that's his own fault. Its not a shame in the slightest, you commit a foul and get suspended, you reap the consequences, you racially abuse a player you reap the consequences. The rule is there, and hes been caught breaking it. period.

You were all over rooney for the camera incident. this is much much worse yet you think its a shame. jeez

Last edited:

They do have a shot in ****, just wait and see :p

Last edited:
I'm of the opinion that banning a racist **** and setting a precedent that racism will not be tolerated regardless of who, how, when or where, is more important than seeing the best possible teams on the pitch. The final will be one of the if not the most viewed event this year, and if a player misses it because he is a racist ******* then I don't give a flying **** about the 'spectacle'. The message sent is more important.

Well that's his own fault. Its not a shame in the slightest, you commit a foul and get suspended, you reap the consequences, you racially abuse a player you reap the consequences. The rule is there, and hes been caught breaking it. period.

Again, this is why I said he can't complain if he's punished, you commit a foul you get the crime. However, I think I'm against the punishment because it's inconsistent, and you don't want to see someone banned from the CL final for a comment made in the heat of the moment. It's one thing to get punished for an act in game, like a foul, but a comment?

You were all over rooney for the camera incident. this is much much worse yet you think its a shame. jeez

I was hoping someone would bring this up. Rooney intentionally went up to the camera and swore, and I agree with a one match ban (two is harsh). This is entirely different than something said on the field. Players will inevitably say terrible stuff on the field: swearing, misogynist comments, homophic comments, etc. mostly to wind up the opposition players. But you can't punish them for that. It happens all of the time and it's impossible to police, and in some of the cases, it's hard for the players to control their words. You're going to swear in these situations. And in Spanish, for example, much of the swearing is misogynist. Hijo de puta, la puta que te pario, la concha de tu madre, etc. So should we ban them for that? Would be a horrible idea.

Anything that you go up intentionally to the camera and do in front of millions you deserve a ban for because it's ******* retarded and you can control it. If Busquets went up to the camera and said something racist into it, than he would deserve a two-year ban. You can quote me on that.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

They do have a shot in ****, just wait and see :p

I think it will be a close game but without Busquets they certainly won't win it.

I'm of the opinion that banning a racist **** and setting a precedent that racism will not be tolerated regardless of who, how, when or where, is more important than seeing the best possible teams on the pitch. The final will be one of the if not the most viewed event this year, and if a player misses it because he is a racist ******* then I don't give a flying **** about the 'spectacle'. The message sent is more important.

I honestly don't care. I really don't think Busquets is racist, he was obviously trying to wind up a player on a hated rival (and as I said before, he isn't very black). He is a complete tool though, as are many players in football (on both teams), but I don't care about their character, I care about the spectacle. That's why I watch the sport.

Again, this is why I said he can't complain if he's punished, you commit a foul you get the crime. However, I think I'm against the punishment because it's inconsistent, and you don't want to see someone banned from the CL final for a comment made in the heat of the moment. It's one thing to get punished for an act in game, like a foul, but a comment?

I was hoping someone would bring this up. Rooney intentionally went up to the camera and swore, and I agree with a one match ban (two is harsh). This is entirely different than something said on the field. Players will inevitably say terrible stuff on the field: swearing, misogynist comments, homophic comments, etc. mostly to wind up the opposition players. But you can't punish them for that. It happens all of the time and it's impossible to police, and in some of the cases, it's hard for the players to control their words. You're going to swear in these situations. And in Spanish, for example, much of the swearing is misogynist. Hijo de puta, la puta que te pario, la concha de tu madre, etc. So should we ban them for that? Would be a horrible idea.

Anything that you go up intentionally to the camera and do in front of millions you deserve a ban for because it's ******* retarded and you can control it. If Busquets went up to the camera and said something racist into it, than he would deserve a two-year ban. You can quote me on that.

Actually the camera moved to Rooney, who swore into it.

No its not, the rule exists for conduct ON THE FIELD. The cameras caught him racially abusing a player ON THE FIELD. He broke the rules, done. And yes you can punish them for that. You cannot racially abuse a player, no matter how you try and play it, whether its a wind up or not.

Hope he gets the 5 match ban

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

I think it will be a close game but without Busquets they certainly won't win it.

I honestly don't care. I really don't think Busquets is racist, he was obviously trying to wind up a player on a hated rival (and as I said before, he isn't very black). He is a complete tool though, as are many players in football (on both teams), but I don't care about their character, I care about the spectacle. That's why I watch the sport.

Yes but racism is unacceptable at any levels, doesn't matter if it wasn't at the camera, if you are racist you deserve a big punishment as it needs to be stamped out the game and it really doesn't help if the players start doing it aswell.

Anyone who racially abuses a player, either on OR off the pitch, needs a lesson in being human, and I don't care who it is. There's no place for it in society. It's 2011, not the stone age.

Seriously, Barcelona aren't screwed without Busquets. Mascherano is just as good a player and will add something different. No one knows how it will work against United.

Status
Not open for further replies.