images

FEBRUARY

Bilbao thump Barca in title challengers clash
Bilbao take 2 goal lead to Old Trafford
Copa del Rey final - Bilbao v Barca
Galatasaray beat AC Milan 4-0 in Champions League

Got to be pleased with February. Only one defeat that counted and winning a place in the cup final as well as beating Manchester United and Barcelona. The table will show I am 5pts behind but play my game in hand in March! lol. Could be wrong but I think I have beaten Barcelona every time at home.

Copa del Rey SF 2nd Leg
Athletic Bilbao 1-2 Granada (3-2)
Benat

Athletic Bilbao 4-1 Granada
San Jose, Muniain 2, Llorente (pen)

Atletico Madrid 1-0 Athletic Bilbao

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Manchester United
Llorente, Susaeta

Athletic Bilbao 3-1 Barcelona
Llorente, Moises, San Jose

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FERNANDO LLORENTE
images

(to be fair I cant pick Aitor Herrera every month even if he does deserve it)

Since I didnt post a pick of Aitor Herrera last month here it goes! lol

View attachment 233972

View attachment 233973

SPAIN

Friendly
Russia 2-3 Spain
Fabregas, Silva, Dominguez

images

MARCH

Bilbao knock out Man Utd and now face Galatasaray
2 league draws in the month - But Barca did lose once
Bojan nets hat trick as Barca thrash Zaragoza 9-1 (they bought him back and scores for fun)
Montella leaves Real Betis - Luigi De Canio comes in

Quite content with this month. Although Barca have gained a point on me I had some tough fixtures. We had a disallowed goal away to Valencia and were 2-0 down at half time to Villarreal before coming back. Manchester United were despatched surprisingly easily and we now face Galatasaray - SCORE!!!

Valencia 2-2 Athletic Bilbao
Javi Martinez, Llorente

Atletico Baleares 0-3 Athletic Bilbao
Aitor Herrera 2, Javi Martinez

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
Manchester United 1-1 Athletic Bilbao (1-3)
Aitor Herrera

Athletic Bilbao 3-0 Sevilla
Susaeta, Llorente, Ander Herrera

Villarreal 2-2 Athletic Bilbao
Aitor Herrera, San Jose

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
AITOR HERRERA

View attachment 234011

View attachment 234012

SPAIN

Euro Champs Qual Group H
Albania 0-3 Spain
Silva, Pique, San Jose (pen)

Looks like you may get the league. Herrera been courted yet? I've updated on some advice of yours bud.

Looks like you may get the league. Herrera been courted yet? I've updated on some advice of yours bud.

Maybe - I have to play Madrid away but other than that the fixture list seems kind to me. Barca away to Real Madrid soon too.

Lol Madrid will be tough. Nothing Hererea can't handle though. I also cast my vote for story off the week and chose this one. Nothing short of fantastic. I also now keep an eye out for Athletic results IRL they beat Schalke yday!

Lol Madrid will be tough. Nothing Hererea can't handle though. I also cast my vote for story off the week and chose this one. Nothing short of fantastic. I also now keep an eye out for Athletic results IRL they beat Schalke yday!

Cheers. I have been watching Bilbao on and off for a few years but it seems they are the "in" thing now just cos they played Man Utd off the park. Watched the game last night and they should never have won but they were deadly on the counter attack. They seem to struggle against lower oppo and perform their best against the big teams

Cheers. I have been watching Bilbao on and off for a few years but it seems they are the "in" thing now just cos they played Man Utd off the park. Watched the game last night and they should never have won but they were deadly on the counter attack. They seem to struggle against lower oppo and perform their best against the big teams

Got Barca this weekend that will be a good game! Yea they smashed United which was sad to see as I support them.

images

(IF I KNEW THATS WHAT YOU HAD TO DO TO GET A DECISION FROM IVAN BEBEK THEN I WOULD HAVE ARRANGED IT - NOT BY ME OF COURSE!!!)

APRIL

Bilbao lose to Real Madrid but are still in title race
Last minute goal saves Bilbao v Galatasaray
Bilbao have 2 disallowed goals against Manchester City
Manager Kris Stuart makes voodoo doll of referee Ivan Bebek

Gutted! Lol. The last game of the month was the Champions League semi v Man City where we drew at home 2-2 and had 2 disallowed goals. Grrrrr. To be fair I almost mucked up big time by playing a weakened side in the second leg v Galatasaray in the quarters but I scored in injury time to go through on away goals (was down to 9 men too!)
Real Madrid easily beat us but fortunately beat Barcelona too.
Agreed to sign a 16 y/o regen for £11m (potential rating 4 and a half stars). Probably should have paid half that but I always have money with nobody to spend it on so dont care! lol

Athletic Bilbao 5-1 Real Zaragoza
Llorente, Ekiza, Aitor Herrera 2, Susaeta

Las Palmas 0-2 Athletic Bilbao
Llorente, Susaeta

UEFA Champions League QF 1st Leg
Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Galatasaray
Llorente, Muniain

Real Madrid 3-1 Athletic Bilbao
Muniain

UEFA Champions League QF 2nd Leg
Galatasaray 3-1 Athletic Bilbao
Ruiz de Galarreta

Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Espanyol
De Marcos, Amorebieta

Athletic Bilbao 4-0 Espanyol
Muniain, Llorente 3(1pen)

Athletic Bilbao 4-1 Real Sociedad
Muniain, Llorente 2, San Jose

UEFA Champions League SF 1st Leg
Athletic Bilbao 2-2 Manchester City
Llorente, Vadillo

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FERNANDO LLORENTE

images

View attachment 234021

Got Barca this weekend that will be a good game! Yea they smashed United which was sad to see as I support them.

Oh dear. U dont do you? Dear me. Although I am Scottish and always lived here I have supported Newcastle since Ossie Ardiles was there for my sins. Doing well just now though. Hopefully we will beat Liverpool or even get a draw with them on Sunday.

images

MAY

Bilbao say goodbye to San Mames
Despite winning last 7 league games Bilbao pipped to the title by a point
Bilbao end season with the Spanish and European Cups
Llorente wins 3 awards, Aitor Herrera 2, Muniain 1

What an end to the season. Disappointment in the league ultimately but we did our best and won our last 7 games including the last one at the San Mames. In the Champions League we battled back from behind 3 times to win on away goals and comfortably won the final. In the Copa del Rey we absolutely battered Barcelona 24 shots to 1 and their 1 being a penalty.

End of season awards - Aitor Herrera got Spanish player and young player of the year
Fernando Llorente got the two goalscoring awards (possible Golden Boot for a 3rd maybe?)
Iker Muniain got La Liga player of the year

My u19s won the league but my B side have been relegated - just!

Real Betis 1-3 Athletic Bilbao
Llorente 2, De Marcos

UEFA Champions League SF 2nd Leg
Manchester City 3-3 Athletic Bilbao
Javi Martinez, Benat, Muniain
(BILBAO WIN ON AWAY GOALS)

Athletic Bilbao 3-0 Sporting Gijon
Llorente, Muniain, Perez Ostos

Levante 1-4 Athletic Bilbao
Muniain 2, Vadillo 2

Osasuna 1-3 Athletic Bilbao
Vadillo, Ekiza, Muniain

Copa del Rey Final
Barcelona 1-2 Athletic Bilbao
Llorente 2

UEFA Champions League Final
Athletic Bilbao 2-0 FC Porto
Aitor Herrera 2

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
IKER MUNIAIN
images

View attachment 234089View attachment 234090View attachment 234091View attachment 234092

****** **** that league title just doesnt want to come to you does it. Champions leagues seem to be no problem though

Great story this mate, Aitor Herrera looks unbelieveable! Have you knocked down any big bids for him yet?

Great story this mate, Aitor Herrera looks unbelieveable! Have you knocked down any big bids for him yet?

Not 1 bid for him or for anyone really. Rejected a £13m for Stephane Ruffier from Real Madrid when Casillas got injured but thats it. Nobody is after any of them. I think its one of the things in fm 12 that i dont like. Surely I should be getting bids for a few of them?

****** **** that league title just doesnt want to come to you does it. Champions leagues seem to be no problem though[/QUOTE

True but in both years I got favourable draws. Never seen Galatasaray get to the quarters before and I could think of about a dozen clubs harder than FC Porto.

For you these are Man Utds other signings - Lucas Moura (32m), Nainggolan, Criscito. Mandanda, Mkhitaryan, Vidal plus the ones before (Bale, Fellaini)

Llorente did get European Golden Boot and I have just got given £40m for my transfer budget for the season (pointless) also my sponsorship money has gone up from £24m to £52m