images

images

FINAL

Spain 2-1 Argentina
Garay (og), Aitor Herrera

Team: Casillas, Ramos, Pique, San Jose, Monreal, Xavi (Ander Herrera), Iniesta (Javi Martinez), Muniain, Aitor Herrera, Silva (Pedro), Llorente

Victory!!!!! Spain win the World Cup for the 2nd time running. Went two up before Pastore got a late one to make it a nervy ending. Obviously delighted that my adopted son Aitor Herrera got the deciding goal! lol.

It might sound strange but I may leave if another decent nation (or my home nation) comes available.

images

3rd/4th Place Play-Off
France 1-1 Uruguay
(France won on penalties)

Best Player - Lionel Messi
Golden Boot - Fernando Llorente (steam achievement)
Best Young Player - Aitor Herrera
Best Goalkeeper - Carlos Kameni
Goal of the Tournament - Ever Banega

Dream Team
Kameni
Ramos
Otamendi
Koscielny
Pereira
Muniain
Aitor Herrera
Banega
Pastore
Llorente
Messi

QUICK STUPID UPDATE

WTF!!!!!!! You win the World Cup and DROP down one place in the FIFA rankings to 3rd. Argentina meanwhile move UP to 1st place. Applied for England job and got laughed off (didnt want it anyways)

Great story bro. Athletic are amazing. Spain must be easy to win world cup with, although you had alot of your own players

Great story bro. Athletic are amazing. Spain must be easy to win world cup with, although you had alot of your own players

Cheers. Not that hard (Italy game apart). All the main players at their peak so fancied my chances to be honest. Won the World Cup with teams such as Senegal and Russia before in previous fms which were much more impressive.

images

PRE SEASON/ AUGUST

Muniain suppporters player of the year
Bilbao Ath promoted to Liga Adelante
Minnows Atletico Baleares promoted to La Liga
Giusseppe Rossi joins Spurs £35m and Adil Rami to Chelsea £23m
Samba, Huntelaar and De Bruyne, Arteta coming into La Liga
--------
Iraola out for 4 months
Bilbao get Inter Milan, Stuttgart and Metalist Kharkiv in the Champions League

SEASON AIMS
The dream scenario would be to win the title as a goodbye present to the San Mames stadium. We dont have any little tournaments this year so its the league, cup or Champions League only this year.

Would like to see my B team stay up in the second division

PLAYERS IN

Raul Garcia arrived on a free transfer from Atletico Madrid, he wasnt overly needed but will do a job I suppose. Other than that a few regens came in but nobody amazing (yet). Spent £5.75m. I have about £40m to spend with nobody to spend it on!

PLAYERS OUT

Imanol Agirretxe was sold to Real Betis for £1m while a shed load of players got released.

REGENS

Its been a while since I posted a screenie of Aitor Herrera and I will put up one of Jose Carlos Sanz who is now back up to Llorente.

View attachment 233588View attachment 233589

AUGUST

Deportivo La Coruna 1-3 Athletic Bilbao
Susaeta, Muniain, Lazar (og)

Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Real Valladolid
Ander Herrera, Sanz (pen)

SPAIN

Friendly
Norway 1-4 Spain
Silva, Muniain 2, Aitor Herrera

Is that money burning a hole in your pocket? Who's your best B team player?

Is that money burning a hole in your pocket? Who's your best B team player?

Dunno really. Ruiz de Galarreta is decent, as is Jonas Ramalho but there are no standouts. Alex Serrano and Saul are there but only playing sporadically

Still going good mate, well done on the World Cup win. Shame about the Fifa rankings. . Joke is the only word to put with Fifa. Good luck with the season ahead, am sure it can be a title winning season.

images

SEPTEMBER

Muniain and Aitor Herrera out injured at the same time again!!!
Athletic suffer big defeat in Europe
Barca win first big game of the season against Athletic
Athletics B team maintain 100% losing record
Real Madrid lose at home to Osasuna

A tough month fixture wise and without Muniain and Aitor Herrera I suppose I did quite well (although Herrera came bac and assisted all 3 against Barcelona). Was simply outclassed by Inter and Barca (went 4-0 down there so 5-3 looked respectable in the end). Still doing fine though....

Granada 1-3 Athletic Bilbao
Llorente 3

UEFA Champions League Group G
Inter Milan 4-1 Athletic Bilbao
De Marcos

Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Atletico Madrid
Aurtenetxe, Vadillo

Barcelona 5-3 Athletic Bilbao
Llorente, Susaeta, Daniel Alves (og)

Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Valencia
Costa (og), Aurtenetxe

Athletic Bilbao 4-2 VfB Stuttgart
San Jose, Llorente, Moises, Ulreich (og)

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CESAR AZPILICUETA
images

View attachment 233621

SPAIN

Friendly
South Korea 1-1 Spain
Iniesta

Euro Champs Qualifiers Group G
Spain 4-0 Czech. Republic
Torres 3, Pedro

Gave De Gea, Romeu, Didac and Canales their debuts. Cut Valdes, Xavi and Xabi Alonso from the squad. Incidentally what I tend to do is call up my best squad available and if I have any injury call offs I call up players who are uncapped.

images

OCTOBER

Barcelona keep on winning
Granada stun Real Madrid by winning 3-1
Bilbao Ath. finally find a win
Spain march on

A reasonable month with the only disappointment being the defeat to Sevilla. Went behind twice to Atletico Baleares which was a bit of a shock! Got a decent run of fixtures in the league coming up so will look to claw back Barca and shake off Real Madrid. Osasuna are having an amazing start to the season it has to be said.

Athletic Bilbao 5-2 Atletico Baleares
Aitor Herrera 2, Super (og), Vadillo, Aurtenetxe

Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Villarreal
Vadillo, Llorente (pen)

Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Metalist Kharkiv
Susaeta, Benat

Sevilla 2-0 Athletic Bilbao

Copa del Rey 4th Round 1st Leg
Huracan Valencia 1-3 Athletic Bilbao
Sanz, Ayechu, Benat

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ALVARO VADILLO
images

lol

View attachment 233661

SPAIN

Euro Champs Qualifying Group G
Georgia 0-2 Spain
Torres, Pique

Spain 3-1 Slovakia
Iniesta, Torres, Durica (og)

images

NOVEMBER

Benitez sacked (again) by Almeria
Another dismal month for Real Madrid
Jekyll and Hyde performance by Bilbao v Madrid
Bilbao through in cup to face Sevilla
Valencia sack Donadoni - in comes Quique Flores

A decent month it has to be said with the highlight being the win over Real Madrid. In that game Aitor Herrera put us 2-0 up inside 9min set up the 3rd and then got sent off with 20min left when we were 4 up and we promptly conceded 3! Still not through in Europe though - if we lose away to Stuttgart we go out! We came back from 2-0 down against Espanyol on the day when Barca lost 1-0 to Real Sociedad.

Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Las Palmas
San Jose, Susaeta

Metalist Kharkiv 2-2 Athletic Bilbao
Sanz, Susaeta

Mallorca 1-2 Athletic Bilbao
De Marcos, Aitor Herrera

Copa del Rey 4th Round 2nd Leg

Athletic Bilbao 4-1 Huracan Valencia
Saul, Benat, Sanz 2

Athletic Bilbao 4-3 Real Madrid
Aitor Herrera 2, Llorente, Muniain

Athletic Bilbao 1-1 Inter Milan
De Marcos

Espanyol 2-2 Athletic Bilbao
Javi Martinez, Llorente

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JAVI MARTINEZ

images

View attachment 233741

SPAIN

Friendlies

Spain 2-1 England
Fabregas, Azpilicueta

Spain 1-0 Romania
Torres

images

DECEMBER

Bilbao take advantage of Barca slip ups - gap now down to 2pts
Sociedad dominate the derby but still lose
Last minute equaliser saves Bilbao in Europe
Athletic Bilbao v Manchester United - Champions League draw

A fantastic month where we have built up some real momentum. The Zaragoza result was fantastic to start the month off. Against Stuttgart we were a goal down, had missed a penalty and I was starting to think - "well the Europa League could be an easy way to get a trophy"- when we scored in the last minute to progress. We were second best against Sociedad as we had several injuries and they had a goal disallowed but we hung on and got the win the day Barca and Osasuna lost!

Real Zaragoza 1-5 Athletic Bilbao
Llorente 3, San Jose, Benat

Athletic Bilbao 3-1 Levante
Llorente (pen), Aitor Herrera, San Jose

VfB Stuttgart 1-1 Athletic Bilbao
San Jose

Real Sociedad 0-1 Athletic Bilbao
De Marcos

Sporting Gijon 1-2 Athletic Bilbao
Amorebieta, Aitor Herrera

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MIKEL SAN JOSE
images

View attachment 233764

Looking good in the league. Push for the title is on, good luck. On a different note though - I am thinking Benitez needs to think about just quitting football or try a different league lol.

Looking good in the league. Push for the title is on, good luck. On a different note though - I am thinking Benitez needs to think about just quitting football or try a different league lol.

Yeah having said that I only ever make the nation I am in playable as I never leave my club so dont see the point so Benitez is likely to flit from one job to another if unsuccessful. Having said that I do have a fast laptop so could do it. Incidentally I have loaded up England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Portugal and Scotlands top division as view only. (Dont know why as its not as if I can recruit anyone from there - although I do check up on Newcastle amd Aberdeen regularly).

In previous saves I have also loaded up Russia, Ukraine, Turkey, Greece, Belgium, Argentina, Brazil, South Africa, South Korea, Australia, USA and Mexico as well as the ones mentioned before as view only.

JANUARY

Athletic Bilbao knock out rivals Real Sociedad to reach cup semis
Real Madrid humbled by Granada in cup to end their 4 year winning run
Bilbao sell Raul Garcia for a club record £3.3m
Iturraspe loaned to Mallorca £400k

A near perfect month. Knocked out Sevilla and Real Sociedad in the cup and have one foot in the final after the first leg of the semis. Also won every league game apart from one draw against Deportivo where we absolutely battered them (over 20 shots) but couldnt find the winner.

Signed a couple of players for the B team and 1 regen striker for the youth team (rejected Barca) while Raul Garcia and Iturraspe left for first team football. Elsewhere Real Madrid signed Sergio Romero for £14m as Casillas is out for the season. They had put in a £13m bid for Ruffier. Angel Di Maria left for Man City (£13m) and Barca signed a few regens.

Copa del Rey 5th Round 1st Leg
Athletic Bilbao 4-2 Sevilla
Vadillo, Amorebieta 2, Llorente

2nd Leg
Sevilla 0-3 Athletic Bilbao
Llorente, Benat, Aitor Herrera

Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Real Betis
Llorente, Goitia (og)

Copa del Rey QF 1st Leg
Real Sociedad 1-1 Athletic Bilbao
Javi Martinez

Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Osasuna
Llorente, Muniain

Copa del Rey QF 2nd Leg
Athletic Bilbao 2-0 Real Sociedad
San Jose 2

Athletic Bilbao 1-1 Deportivo La Coruna
Llorente

Copa del Rey SF 1st Leg
Granada 0-2 Athletic Bilbao
Muniain, Javi Martinez

Real Valladolid 0-1 Athletic Bilbao
Muniain

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
AITOR HERRERA
(on works computer so cant give pic or upload league table but I am 4pts behind Barca 11 clear of Real Madrid)

Last edited:
Wonder what's the odds on Benitez taking Barcelona or Real Madrid over next.