tff, mate this is simply amazing

07206-86e8ae96-e628-4aa8-903d-d416a1d09425.png

Which tactic mate?

i used the 3 def version in that game :) idk, i prefer the 3def version, but i had succes with the 4def as well, won the 1/8 final vs real 4-1 at anfield, was 1-1 at the bernabeu :)

Using both tactics with Bournemouth in my 5th season, it's going very well.
But after january I noticed I'm struggling against weaker opponents, most games end in 0-0 (4 games against Sheff Wed, Hull, Newcastle and Southampton f.e.)

Have tried to switch to control or play wider, but both don't seem to have much effect.

View attachment 106299

Last edited:

THE ORIGINAL TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V3

CHANGES:

- changed the role of MCR position and tweaked its PIs

Guys, now I've got data that allows me to say with 100% certainty that the Original Tactic V3 is better than the 4 Defenders Version V2.

If someone are using the 4 Defenders version then I suggest changing for the original tactic V3 without thinking. :)

I won't remove the 4 defenders version from the OP because it might be useful if you don't have enough central defenders and wing back to use the original tactic.

Also, I want to add that I'm observing an awesome performance boost of the original tactic that was caused by the changes in V2 and V3!

Last edited:
How can you say that V1 is "definitely" better? The only change from v1 is the "more risky passes" PI for the MCR and MCL...

Hows your testing of this going mate?

Literally got a handful of the chicken wing tactics and then your strikerless to start my barca save this coming weekend

Hows your testing of this going mate?

Literally got a handful of the chicken wing tactics and then your strikerless to start my barca save this coming weekend

I haven't played enough games to judge it yet, I was using the 4 defenders version but now I will change to Beast V3 as TFF said it's clearly better. But from what I have seen so far, looks like a superb tactic for underdogs/midtable teams. For the top teams expected to dominate and win big, looks like it may lack something in attack, but I have to give it more time...

2nd season with atletico madrid , 1st season i used original v1 i won spanish cup and finished second in spanish league , 2nd season i won spanish league and CL with 4 defenders v1. Dont give up on 4 defenders version i think its really quality tactic,
atleast it was for me :D Keep up the good work TFF , cheers!

First season won EPL with Tottenham easily, lost to Juventus at Champions league semi-final. Playing second season now and I'm going to use v3 as TFF recomended, gonna post my squad and results today, thanks for this great tactic!

THE ORIGINAL TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V3

CHANGES:

- changed the role of MCR position and tweaked its PIs

Guys, now I've got data that allows me to say with 100% certainty that the Original Tactic V3 is better than the 4 Defenders Version V2.

If someone are using the 4 Defenders version then I suggest changing for the original tactic V3 without thinking. :)

I won't remove the 4 defenders version from the OP because it might be useful if you don't have enough central defenders and wing back to use the original tactic.

Also, I want to add that I'm observing an awesome performance boost of the original tactic that was caused by the changes in V2 and V3!

Hey TFF.
Would you recommend to use the OI's? I have seen some people in here not using the OI's and getting great result. I played a few matches yesterday with 4-line def tactic without OI, and got better result than with that way.

But is the new Original Beast v3 better with OI in your opinion?

Thank you for your amazing work making FM a joy to play.

Cheers

Against Man City i used V1 and against Monaco i used V3 because that one was just out.
Oi i use the one who are in the first post.

3 defenders V1 is still the best IMO.
Not necessary to tweak it in 1000 versions, it's a .... beast ;)

Back