I found something can probably BOOST the tactic on the defence but i don't sure if it works, need more tests. In my team is working. And is: CDL: left footed, CDC: tall player with low or not acceleration, CDD: right footed. The CDL and CDR with higher acceleration, more better :)

I still find that beast original version 1 is much better than v2 and v3

V3 is an attacking bomb!
Fuenlabrada up to top division with V1, and 4th place there with V3! 100 goals scored!

Media Prediction 20th:

View attachment 106163

League Table:

View attachment 106162

Fixtures:

View attachment 106161

My AMC and ST's:

View attachment 106160 View attachment 106159 View attachment 106158

And I didn't start the season too well with 18 points first 15 matches. But after I trained all my CM's, AMC's and WB's to have "Gets Forward Whenever Possible" its just too easy to create chances. I've had games with 10+ CCC's and 30+ shots. I could have scored so much more if I had players with better finishing. Now its at 13 at most. My opponents cant handle 7 players attacking them! Also my CM's and AMC's have "Tries Killer Balls Often" which helps a lot. This tactic is all about attack! I finsihed the season with 52 points in the last 23 matches, its insane for being the weakest team in the league.

Thanks TFF9 Legend!

*-*-Started with this tactic last night with Arsenal kicked off the season winning 7-2 away at Utd, but then managed to lose 2-0 home to Watford. Putting it down to the tactic not being fully fluid but hoping season brings me reward/trophies.

Give it time mate :)

Im playing Saints, and first 10 games was decent, was winning most but that was 1:0 wins and then start banging 3-4 goals per game, even to top 5 teams. Went on 22 games without losing and 15 straits wins ( 10 in row without conceding ). Have to mention that im using fm coach so have 100% fluid from game one.
ive started a saints save what players you signed

Bought Michael Keane from Burnley, playing him in center of defensive 3 and he have 7.5 rating in 36 games and loaned Danny Ings in January. Well i need better strikers since Austin dont have good ppm but hes scoring a lot.

View attachment 1102521

Starting XI

View attachment 1102522

Sometimes i use Bertrand on left wing and then playing Florin Gardos as left defender.
who do you play amc if tadic is injured

I had this fully fluid, dybala and icardi upfront. In 10 games they had a goal each, not great.

Hey TFF :)

What do you think about Messi-s role in Real Life at AMR position ?

In FM17 best role is Inside Forward (Attack) , but i think he is in real life Inside Forward (Support) or Advanced Playmaker (Support or Attack) , because he is often comes deep to get ball, lots of long passes and he create a lot of chances for Neymar and Suarez. I am curious in your opinion. Thx

Some stats about Lionel Messi in Real Life

View attachment 106124

Look at his Characteristic and Style of Play. Its like Inside Forwards (Support).

Last edited:
Hey TFF :)

What do you think about Messi-s role in Real Life at AMR position ?

In FM17 best role is Inside Forward (Attack) , but i think he is in real life Inside Forward (Support) or Advanced Playmaker (Support or Attack) , because he is often comes deep to get ball, lots of long passes and he create a lot of chances for Neymar and Suarez. I am curious in your opinion. Thx

Some stats about Lionel Messi in Real Life

View attachment 1102565

Look at his Characteristic and Style of Play. Its like Inside Forwards (Support).

Mate, I'd say there's no role in FM that plays like Messi or like Neymar or like Suarez in real life.

In general I find that in FM many roles including Inside Forward (Support/Attack), Wingers (Support/Attack) and all Striker’s roles play complete different from what we see in real life and their behavior looks very primitive and illogical.

I'd say if you want to have success in FM then forget about everything that you learned about football in real life and in order to have success in FM you need to spend thousand hours on learning how the ME works to beat it.

I find that FM doesn't allow you to simulate any of famous football approaches from real life, you can't simulate Barca under Enrique, you can't simulate Man City under Guardiola, you can't simulate Chelsea under Conte, you can't simulate Liverpool under Kopp, you can't simulate Man Utd under Mourinho, you can’t simulate Atletico under Simione and so on... there are simple not enough tools in the game to make players play like they play in real life under those managers and even if you manage to make your team to play somehow close to any famous approaches from real life then it won't bring you any success in the game because as I said FM is a different universe with its own rules and physics and in FM players move different, they make different decisions with ball and I find all that is very different from what we see in real life.

FM is just a PC game and I'd say it's a good PC game that could make you to spend hours on it but I find that the ME is very primitive and linear with its own rules that are different from what we see in real life and I find it's a waste of time simulation any approaches from real life in FM because there's no tool to achieve that and even if you manage to come closer to any of successful real life approaches then probably it won't be successful in the game but it's still the best ME that's available on the market because there's no any other football manager with something similar to offer.

Last edited:
Giving it a run for 3 years with Spurs.

1st year i used v1, I bought rugani, gerard moreno and fred right away with 50m warchest.
Sold Vertonghen for just 25m in the winter because he wanted to join MU.
i won PL and EC.

2nd year I spent 101m to buy gimenez, nastasic, luan, adam smith(HG), michael keane(HG), depay.
I got back 91m by selling son, trippier, dembele, sissoko, bentaleb as they don't fit the tactic.
i used v1 and updated to v2 late in the season, i beat mighty PSG in the final and won CL miraculously and also FA (PL I got 2nd with 4 points different from champion MU).

3rd year i was so excited, used v3 from the start, still going (my 1st time with 45 games unbeaten in fm17), i got these results :

View attachment 106096View attachment 106095

With this kind of form, i am guessing i will be winning everything.
I bought dybala, saul, laporte and gylfi sigurosson(HG), sold wanyama, janssen, keane(HG), depay to polish my team to fit perfectly into the tactics and BOMB!

And now this is my team and rotation.
View attachment 106094View attachment 106093

I saw some of you are saying it's not giving you the right result, i'd say just be patient, this tactic does not guarantee 100% win rate, but i am pretty sure it does make you overachieving, and your board would definitely spare you more budget so you can build your team slowly. If you still can't get the right result with the right players, maybe there are something wrong with your man management / team talks i reckon. I tried most of the tactics, and this gave me the most consistent result so far in my fm17 experience.

P/S : I would like to recommend some bargain buy like : gerard moreno 9.25m, Luan 13m, Fred 24m, adam smith 3.5m, they all perform like world class with this tactic in my save.

Last edited:
Great results, Hlclifford!! My Everton team is also doing great in 2024. The same is England. Ready for the final of Euro24 against Italy. This final will be my first game when I start playing this evening. Really looking forward to it. Kane is a beast upfront. Liverpool's Woodburn also doing really great. Scoring almost every game.

Great results, Hlclifford!! My Everton team is also doing great in 2024. The same is England. Ready for the final of Euro24 against Italy. This final will be my first game when I start playing this evening. Really looking forward to it. Kane is a beast upfront. Liverpool's Woodburn also doing really great. Scoring almost every game.

Nice! how do you play that fast. Instant result? lol i been playing alot and i only get into 3rd season.

I use IR only now and then. FM is my life but I do have a job. Maybe I should give my computer a break soon. :)

I had 5 glorious seasons with RB Leipzig before I took over Everton in the championship. Took them straight up and have become runner-up the two following seasons behind mighty Man.Utd. Lost 3-1 to Monaco in the Champions League final this season.

Mate, I'd say there's no role in FM that plays like Messi or like Neymar or like Suarez in real life.

In general I find that in FM many roles including Inside Forward (Support/Attack), Wingers (Support/Attack) and all Striker’s roles play complete different from what we see in real life and their behavior looks very primitive and illogical.

I'd say if you want to have success in FM then forget about everything that you learned about football in real life and in order to have success in FM you need to spend thousand hours on learning how the ME works to beat it.

I find that FM doesn't allow you to simulate any of famous football approaches from real life, you can't simulate Barca under Enrique, you can't simulate Man City under Guardiola, you can't simulate Chelsea under Conte, you can't simulate Liverpool under Kopp, you can't simulate Man Utd under Mourinho, you can’t simulate Atletico under Simione and so on... there are simple not enough tools in the game to make players play like they play in real life under those managers and even if you manage to make your team to play somehow close to any famous approaches from real life then it won't bring you any success in the game because as I said FM is a different universe with its own rules and physics and in FM players move different, they make different decisions with ball and I find all that is very different from what we see in real life.

FM is just a PC game and I'd say it's a good PC game that could make you to spend hours on it but I find that the ME is very primitive and linear with its own rules that are different from what we see in real life and I find it's a waste of time simulation any approaches from real life in FM because there's no tool to achieve that and even if you manage to come closer to any of successful real life approaches then probably it won't be successful in the game but it's still the best ME that's available on the market because there's no any other football manager with something similar to offer.

so true :(

I'm absolutely convinced that 3 man defence is the best way to defend the flanks (i.e. the only way AI attacks) under current ME, though I'm a bit surprised you haven't toyed with the idea of a 3-4-3 yet as I feel 3 strikers tend to be more efficient (cut back passes from wide strikers are a... beast ;)) and AMC always seems to fail for me (probably because my saves are in brazil and Italy where AI plays very defensive formations).

Keep up the great work and maybe, just maybe, one day you'll bring back a successful Poacher with the 'Tries to beat offside trap' PPM :D

I have to say that this tactic works very well on Instant Result. I started as a lower league Danish team and got tired of the non fluently play (cuz of the lack of skills of the players XD) So I started to use IR and I just ran over the entire league. Media pred 4th. And I got easily promoted :)

Back