Being Bastian... (A Bayern Munich Story)

Great story m8!
I always read the updates!
Keep it up ;)

Thanks m8 :) Glad you're still following -- I've got a few things to do tomorrow, but should hopefully have an update ready for upload (if not, it'll be the day after.) Cheers :)

The best Story I've read here! Your really talented mate, I can't wait to read another update

The best Story I've read here! Your really talented mate, I can't wait to read another update

Cheers m8 :) Thanks for reading -- hope you keep following :)

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

11th August 2009 -- continued (2).

Flowers, chocolates and a bottle of fine red wine… yet still no luck. I am well and truly in the dog-house at the moment. It’s just as well we recently invested in a new settee -- I have a feeling I may be getting plenty of use out of it over the next couple of nights.

*​

12th August to 14th August 2009.

Much has happened over the course of the last three days. Firstly, Anita has finally started talking to me again -- weve always had a strong relationship and I have felt terrible not talking to or sleeping with her.

I have treated her better than ever since our silly fallout -- a night at the Cinema, followed by a fancy meal in one of Munichs finest restaurants and a cosy walk through a delightful garden-like park the next evening.

It will be nice to return to our marital bed tonight -- Ive missed her lying next to me. I must remember my anguish of the past few days and make sure I try not to do wrong by her again.

Back at the club, the players have trained well and we look in great shape for tomorrow’s game against Hannover. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous -- nerves are building in my stomach and I hope to do well in front of our home support -- but players such as Bastian Schweinsteiger, Arjen Robben and Ivica Olic have looked outstanding in training. If they take this form into the game we should win.

Christian has begun negotiations with Manchester united for the transfer of Franck Ribéry and expects a deal to be completed within the week. The club has accepted a £35 million bid and he should be on his way out of Bayern in good time.

Franz had warned me not to speak of Franck’s transfer during my mid-week media commitments, but it had proved a more difficult challenge than it first sounded. The press are a wily old lot and, even though Franz had threatened to exclude any (or all) of them from future press-conferences if they tried to force the issue, they managed to come up with many imaginative questions that somehow didn’t quite break the rules laid out before them.

Luckily, I kept my wits about me and didn’t fall victim to a ‘slip of the tongue’ in their presence. I’ve lost count of all the managers who have messed up in this way -- some of whom lost their jobs as a consequence.

Napoli have accepted our bid for Marek Hamsik and his agent is now talking with our club. From what I’ve heard, we will pay just over 12 million Euros for his signature (with the bulk being paid off in instalments.) I hope Christian can sort this deal out soon -- I’d hate to lose out on his signature. I believe he has the potential to run our midfield for the next decade.

The current transfer fund is just below 11 million Euros -- the transfers and signing-on fees included in the deals for Arjen Robben, Hans-Jörg **** and Ivica Olic have taken their toll on this year’s budget. Of course, once Franck signs on the dotted line for Manchester United we’ll be able to make waves in the transfer market again -- should we see the need.

FC Köln have rejected two bids from us for Lukas Podolski. Christian has informed me he will be making a ‘third and final’ offer for the player -- my hopes of pairing Germany’s top two strikers will be dashed if they decline.

Last edited:
Great update mate,
definetely one of the best stories on this site
Keep it up​

Your story has actually made me develop a hatred for Ribery as I have stated in the past haha! Glad your finally selling the toser :) haha! I'd also advice looking into Ozil or possibly even Landon Donovan to be a bit out there. You could also try flourent malouda. But as for your writing, no doubt, one of the best of the site, you should be delighted with your work on this. Long may it continue.

Your story has actually made me develop a hatred for Ribery as I have stated in the past haha! Glad your finally selling the toser :) haha! I'd also advice looking into Ozil or possibly even Landon Donovan to be a bit out there. You could also try flourent malouda. But as for your writing, no doubt, one of the best of the site, you should be delighted with your work on this. Long may it continue.

Cheers m8 :) Glad you're still reading :) Is your Maldini story coming back anytime soon?

1. Do you have steam, I'd love to talk over your creative writing ideas with you?

2. Brilliant story. :D

excellent story mate, you're writing is second to none - superb!
lemme know if you need any more kits :')

Mate great story- could you give me some tips on mine if it's not a bother? but overall sick story

Mate great story- could you give me some tips on mine if it's not a bother? but overall sick story

excellent story mate, you're writing is second to none - superb!
lemme know if you need any more kits :')

Cheers for comments guys & thanks for continuing to read :)

*Jones* : if I ever need kits you'll be the first person I call on m8 -- the kits you did for this story are quality :)

You've actually made me develop a genuine dislike for Ribery...not sure if that's a good thing or not!

^^ Cheers for all your comments :) I hope I'm not damaging Ribery's reputation here, lol. Update should be later today :)

15th August 2009...

15th August 2009.

“Good luck,” Franz said with a smile, shaking my hand before heading off to his seat in the stands.

I walked out to the dugout -- nervous and a little nauseas, but filled with anticipation. The stadium is awash with red and white banners and the vocal eruption created by our fans is almost deafening. I can barely hear myself think.

“This is it!” I thought to myself, basking in the heat of the mid-afternoon sun and the partisan mood fashioned by our home support, “This is why I took this job.”

Anita is in the stands too -- it’s a proud day for me and I’m glad she is here to share it.

The players took to the pitch to voracious applause -- we couldn’t have dreamt for a better atmosphere at our first home game of the season. We need to win in order to lift the spirits and hopes of the fans after last season’s disappointments.

View attachment 102239
Bayern fans in good voice prior to kick-off.​

I’ve selected a strong team for today’s match…

Bayern : Hans-Jörg ****, Christian Lell, Philip Lahm, Daniel Van Buyten, Holger Badstuber, Anatoliy Tymoschuk, Mark van Bommel, Bastian Schweinseiger, Thomas Müller, Miroslav Klose, Arjen Robben.

Substitutes : Michael Rensing, Andreas Görlitz, Danijel Pranjic, Daniel Sikorski, Björn Kopplin, Mehmet Ekici, Ivica Olic.

Of course, Franck is not part of the squad for this game. He hasn’t trained with the first-team since our bust-up and I heard rumours he is in Manchester today to watch United play in the Premiership.

Last edited:
Good luck in this game mate :) Look forward to this game!