Being Bastian... (A Bayern Munich Story)

• Thread starter Thread starter Carine
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 265
  • Views Views 39K
Batter the cheeky sod!!!

Let him go to manchester then beat them in the champs league wooooooooo

Haha, both very tempting suggestions right now, lol :) Not quite sure which way to go with him just yet.

It's quite a good way to practise, writing alongside a game -- having to react to what it throws at you.

Cheers for comments :)

nice couple updates mate.. inspiring me to try and write my own story! not a great writer but might have to give it a shot after i get bored with my current Liverpool save.

Nice 1 mate, sell Ribery he's nothing but trouble ;) get Di Maria instead!!!

nice couple updates mate.. inspiring me to try and write my own story! not a great writer but might have to give it a shot after i get bored with my current Liverpool save.

Cheers m8 :) You should defo give it a try -- good fun and adds an extra incentive to carry on playing with FM11 just around the corner.

Nice 1 mate, sell Ribery he's nothing but trouble ;) get Di Maria instead!!!

Cheers Zaiaz :) I'm just about to delve into the transfer market :)

who's he on the phone to??

All will be revealed soon :) I've got football training in a bit, but will try and update this evening :)

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 03:47 PM ----------

10th August 2009 -- continued

I’ve caught you red-handed!”

Franck swivelled on the spot to face me, “Red-handed? What are you on about?” he replied, a look of shock, confusion perhaps, etched onto his face.

Your phone’s given you away Franck,” I gloated, a feeling of self-satisfaction growing inside me, “You’re the one who was out drinking in Belgium.”

You’re crazy!” he retorted, “Who do you think are ? Miss Marple?”

Miss Marple? Surely Sherlock Holmes would be more appropriate?

“I wasn’t drunk in Belgium,” he added.

Well see about that,” I screamed at him, “You might think you’re better than me, but you won’t wriggle your way out of this one.”

What’s all the shouting about?” another voice called.

I turned around to see Franz standing in the doorway -- a number of players behind him. They must have heard the commotion and come running to see for themselves what all the fuss is about.

Franck was drinking under curfew,” I answered with a sudden, nervous tone to my voice -- remembering Franz’s warning when he’d called us back from Italy.

When?” he asked, “And why haven’t I heard about this before?”

In Belgium,” I stuttered.

In Belgium?” he snarled with a scowl, growing ever more annoyed at being left in the dark, “I thought we were starting on a new footing? No more secrets?”

I’m sorry. I forgot to tell to you,” I replied, before attempting to ramble my way out of trouble, “With the breaking news and everything else… it just slipped my mind.”

Slipped your mind, eh?”

Yes,” I answered, hoping he wouldn’t see through my excuses.

Franck?” he asked, turning to the Frenchman.

You know it isn’t true,” Franck replied.

I have proof,” I interrupted, “I heard his phone ringing outside my room in the early hours of morning. I heard it ringing again just before you showed up.”

Franz didn’t say anything at first. Instead, he paused for a moment as if mulling over the information at hand. I got the feeling he didn’t quite believe me and I wondered if I were loosing his backing…

I had to show my metal, “We should fine him two weeks wages,” I said, trying to be as authoritarian as possible without stepping on Der Kaiser’s toes.

I waited for Franz to agree, but, for a moment, there was nothing but uneasy silence.

If Franck’s been drinking…” he sighed after what felt like an eternity, “I’d be very surprised.”

What?” I thought. Why? Breaking club curfew didn’t seem like such a big step to take considering all the trouble he’s caused so far.

You need to research your players a little before making wild accusations,” Franck smirked.

I was confused -- the walls seemed to be closing in around me; Franz and the Frenchman rounding on me like a pack of wolves. What is going on?

I’m Muslim,” Franck added, “Drinking is not… how should I say this? Top of my priorities.”

The mobile rang again -- that familiar tune bouncing off the tiled walls; rattling inside my skull

My phone!” a voice called out from within the crowd amassed in the hallway, “I’ve been looking everywhere for it.”

Last edited:
oooo, plot twist there :D keep it up :D

I'd sell Ribery, and bring in Ozil. Cheaper in terms of wages and you'd get more from Ribery than you'd have to pay for Ozil. Ozil can become a cracking winger too

oooo, plot twist there :D keep it up :D

I'd sell Ribery, and bring in Ozil. Cheaper in terms of wages and you'd get more from Ribery than you'd have to pay for Ozil. Ozil can become a cracking winger too

Yes, our drunken friend may come as a surprise :) hopefully, anyway.

I've had a look at Ozil already and had three bids turned down (mentioned one in the story), but Werder are asking for 57 million plus a percentage of any future transfer (bear in my mind, I only have £9million transfer budget.) I'm finding German players very difficult to sign in this save -- they seem to have caught the 'massively overpriced disease' usually connected with English players in real life :(

Assuming you are looking for wingers to replace Ribery, have you tried somebody like Eden Hazard, Hatem Ben Arfa or Renato Augusto? However if you are only looking for german players then maybe looking into Aaron hunt, Marko Marin, Timo Gebhart. You could however just try to recall Toni Kroos ( Who could also fill a more central role.)

However, I am not sure if you would be able to afford some of these players, as they may be quite expensive.

Assuming you are looking for wingers to replace Ribery, have you tried somebody like Eden Hazard, Hatem Ben Arfa or Renato Augusto? However if you are only looking for german players then maybe looking into Aaron hunt, Marko Marin, Timo Gebhart. You could however just try to recall Toni Kroos ( Who could also fill a more central role.)

However, I am not sure if you would be able to afford some of these players, as they may be quite expensive.

Cheers for the info m8 :) I'll have a look at those players :)

10th August 2009 -- Continued (2)…

10th August 2009 -- Continued (2)

I sat alone in the darkened lounge as the sun slowly passed it’s baton to the moon. A tumbler of whiskey provided my only solace from the stresses of the day.

Even Anita had failed to comfort me -- her usual calming influence unable to break through my stubborn defences.

You’re tense,” she had said when attempting to knead out the knots in my shoulders.

I certainly was, but I shouldn’t have shouted at her. The day’s events were not of her doing, but the pressures of managing one of the world’s most glorious clubs were beginning to get to me... and I’d snapped.

Tonight will be the first time we have slept apart due to anger -- I am embarrassed and disappointed at my behaviour towards her. I feel lost in the wilderness, despite being surrounded by everything familiar to me.

Tomorrow will be a difficult day -- I will have to make a concerted effort to appease her, whilst facing up to the aftermath of today’s troubles…

Franz went berserk today and, rightfully, put us in our place:

I have been handed a final warning concerning my behaviour -- I have let Franz down and can’t complain at the punishment given. If anything, I should be happy he didn’t terminate my contract on the spot. On another day, he may well have ended my dreams of top level football management with a simple nod of his head.

Franck has been placed on the transfer list, with immediate affect, for disrespecting the club, his fellow team-mates and the Bayern fans. It is a blow to the quality of our team, but, perhaps those who remain will grow stronger in his absence?

And, finally, there was the small matter of the mysterious drunkard to be sorted out

Belgium born Daniel Van Buyten, a model professional, is our man. It would appear that he had invited friends and family to come and meet with him whilst the club was on tour and, as often happens, one thing led to another. Unfortunately for him, my insistence on ‘showing my metal’ has cost the Belgium international dear and his wallet will be a shade lighter than usual for the next two weeks.

Daniel reluctantly accepted the fine -- he knows he did wrong, but, as this is his first breakage of club rules since joining Bayern, his disappointment at the steepness of the fine was there for all to see. That fine was meant for Franck, but Franz was right -- we couldnt backtrack now and lower the punishment. What type of message would it send out to the players if we did?

I hope, for Franz’s sake as much as my own, that I haven’t ‘lost the dressing room’. He has stuck his neck out for me -- given me a chance to prove myself when others doubted his choice. I need to knuckle down and prove he made the right decision.

The season has only just begun and yet I find my club falling apart at the seams,” he had sighed, before warning, “This is not a kindergarten we’re running here and I won’t tolerate any more of this ****.”

The only good thing to come out of today is that all this hassle happened within the confinements of the club. The last thing I need right now is another Sky Sports Breaking News headline.

It is late -- much later than I am accustomed too, and I need to bring this night of reflection to an end. My head is a wreck. I am mentally drained yet rampant thoughts still gallivant within my mind -- forcing me to stay awake. Luckily, I had envisaged such a problem and pulled the small packet of sleeping tablets I’d bought on the way home from my pocket

Warning, may cause drowsiness,’ the label stated. For seven Euro, I should ****** well hope so!

You're an amazing writer mate. Good luck with this. :D

Cheers m8, thanks :) Glad you're still reading & enjoying it so far -- hope you keep following :)

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:34 PM ----------

11th August 2009.

Seven wasted Euros and a restless night later, I dragged my weary bones off the settee.

My eyes were red raw from lack of sleep; my head thumped from the affects of the Scotsman’s tipple; and my stomach rumbled from a lack of a hearty breakfast -- cheap *** garage coffee served in paper cups will never compare to my wife’s morning brew. As you can probably guess, Anita didn’t make breakfast this morning, in fact, she didn’t utter a word or even look into my eyes as I left the house. I have to make amends somehow.

*​

Soon after, I pulled into the training ground car-park and hoped I didn’t look or smell as bad as I felt…

“Did you sleep in a hedge last night?” Andries quipped, “You look like ****!”

I smiled as best I could manage -- Andries is a straight talking man, but he can also put a smile on the dourest of faces.

Last edited:
good story man, i did a diary style story a few months ago, was a lot of work so my hats off to you lol

good story man, i did a diary style story a few months ago, was a lot of work so my hats off to you lol

nice twist mate!

Cheers for comments guys :) There should be an update in about half-an-hour for anyone who's interested :)

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

11th August 2009 -- continued.

All fit and able players arrived on time for training -- except for Franck, of course, who seems to be treating life as a soap opera at the moment. It’s just as well I am no longer bothered by his actions. As far as I’m concerned, he can do whatever he likes from now on -- his transfer to Manchester United can not come quick enough.

I decided to hold a pre-training meeting. I’d meant to do it yesterday (as I’d promised Thomas Kraft I would), but, as the day’s events escalated almost out of control, it’d slipped my mind.

“I feel it is vital we clear the air in order to move forward,” I told the players and staff present, “If any one has issues raise them now.”

As expected, the players vented their frustrations. To be honest, most of their complaints mirrored my own and Im glad to report that, after talking things through, all appears calm.

“There should be no more disruptions,” I said, “Franck… if he ever shows up, will train with the youth team until further notice.”

The players agreed -- his actions of late have been an unwelcome disturbance.

“If anyone wants to follow Franck out the door,” Andries added, “Tell us now so we can make adjustments before the transfer window shuts.”

No one replied. Good -- the current first-team squad is filled with honest, hard working players. We can now move forward; we can now focus on reclaiming our title.

After our meeting, Andries and the coaches put the players through a tough routine. One thing’s for sure, we won’t lose a match due to a lack of fitness this season.

Christian telephoned me during lunch with news of his current movements. The end of the current transfer window is creeping up on us and he will be scouting three players over the next two days: Mats Hummel of Dortmund (a strong centre-back who can also play as a defensive midfielder); Wolfsburgs talented Bosnia & Herzegovina international striker Edin Dzeko; and a former Bayern player -- German international Lukas Podolski, currently of FC Köln.

I must admit, I like the look of Podolski. He’s big, strong and extremely quick. Best of all, he already enjoys a formidable partnership with our very own Miroslav Klose -- at international level they have forged one of the most exciting and productive strike-forces around. I would be very happy indeed if Christian gives me the opportunity to pair them in the league.

“I lodged a bid for Marek Hamisk too,” Christian added.

I’m delighted by this news. The young midfielder is like dynamite in the midfield -- blowing the opposition to bits with his tenacious closing down and powerful forward surges.

“After digesting yesterday’s events I thought I’d best make a move,” he continued, “Aston Villa and Liverpool are extremely interested in the player and I didn’t want to lose out on his signature.”

“Good stuff,” I replied -- I like the player and would love to see him as part of our squad. It will be difficult though -- the English Premier League is a huge draw for players.

I set-up afternoon training, but left my coaches to oversee the session. Andries has compiled a report on our next opponent and we need to formulate a plan to outfox them. Now is as good a time as any -- we will have three full days left to implement our thoughts into the team’s play.

“Okay,” he began, laying his in-depth report on the table, “Next up is Hannover. It’ll be your first game at home.”

“Yes,” I answered with a smile, “I’ve been looking forward to this one for quite some time.”

“They play a defensive 4-2-3-1, but clever counter-attacking often catches their opponents on the hop,” Andries began, “If we’re patient we will breach their defences, of that I have no doubt. Frankfurt played the ‘waiting game’ against them in their last fixture and managed to scrape a decent 2-0 away victory. We could try a similar tactic?”

“Sounds like a good idea,” I replied.

“Yes,” he continued, “But attacking talent such as Arnold Bruggink and Jan Schlaudraff will ensure we must remain ‘switched on’ defensively at all times ourselves.”

“Three central midfielders could work for us here,” I mused aloud, “Cut out the service to their danger-men?”

“Good idea,” Andries replied with a nod, “Perhaps a three-pronged attack too? It seems to work well for us. Robben’s pace could destroy their back four.”

“Yes,” I smiled, “I think that’s the best way forward.”

“Agreed,” Andries replied with a grin of approval.

We spent the next hour mulling over Hannover’s weak spots. In their last match they conceded both goals from set-pieces. I have a feeling we can benefit from this area too -- sending a few of our bigger players into their penalty area to cause havoc. I must admit I’m quietly confident about this fixture.

Last edited:
Back