Benitez ready to walk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yes because as Lee said, a champions league place under Houllier was a luxury, now we are majorly dissapointed we won't be in it next season, we have moved forward under Rafa there is no doubt about that.

Scott why are you taking so much interest in Liverpool? United aren't exactly going anywhere.. Maybe you should focus on your own team. Another trophyless season for you..

I hate it when threads turn into United v Liverpool, it's pathetic.
XD Sorry mate, what?
He should be worried about us because we have only won the carling cup and come second ( might still come first. Come on wigan)
.XD Compared to liverpools not even getting champions league football and another trophyless season.XD
( winning a trophy means it's not a trophyless season and "another"oO) we haven't had a trophyless season for agesXD)

Sorry for being offtopic but what you said just struck me as quite odd.:P

Scott why are you taking so much interest in Liverpool? United aren't exactly going anywhere.. Maybe you should focus on your own team. Another trophyless season for you..

I hate it when threads turn into United v Liverpool, it's pathetic.

Our you stupid?

We won a cup this season. "Another" we won 2 trophies last season.

The season before we won the champs league and the Prem.

So another trophyless season.

How was this a utd versus liverpool. Utd havent been mentioned apart from the rossi and pique thing, which i thought we where all over,. as that was all light hearted.

@Scott Sorry Scott I forgot about your massive triumph in the League Cup ;) So really in the last two years you've won 1 trophy + 2 league cups (I don't consider them to be real trophies sorry!)

Personally I think Rafa has done well in his signings, we have just been unlucky this season, if we had finished in the top four none of these 'Liverpool suck' 'Rafa sucks' 'Everybody sucks' threads would even exist.

When Rafa sold Bellamy he was a joke, and in one season managed to assault one of our top players, he then went on to suck at West Ham before finally finding his form (4 years after being sold by Rafa) at City, but surprise, surprise his manage hates him and if it wasn't for Cook he would be out in the summer. As for the sale of Crouch, he was a good prospect and the £7M was a bargain but we needed a goalscorer and the 10 or so goals he was getting each year wasn't good enough (about as many as N'gog has scored this year) so actually managing to offload him for a profit is an awesome achievement. Robbie Keane was a bad signing but he was a consistent performer up until we signed him, he has certainly gone downhill since then even Harry realised that, hence why he is now at Celtic, I'm just glad we salvaged something from the deal.

You could go on all day talking about transfers Rafa's made, but at the end of the day, the squad is much stronger than it was when he started.

Last edited:
In all fairness to Houllier -- who was never the same after the major operation that kept him out of the game for five months -- in 3 of his 6 years in charge of Liverpool, the Premier League only had 3 Champions League places.

More likely we would end up with a McLeish or a Hughes.

Why...

just because your teams massively underachieved, has a **** board and a manager thats took you as far as you can go.

Theres no need to mention managers such as Big Eck and Sparky as if there second rate managers, when they have clearly proven their credentials over their managerial spells.

I wouldn't swap Big Eck for Benitiez if you paid me!

Why...

just because your teams massively underachieved, has a **** board and a manager thats took you as far as you can go.

Theres no need to mention managers such as Big Eck and Sparky as if there second rate managers, when they have clearly proven their credentials over their managerial spells.

But they are second rate managers. They're not terrible, but they're not even in the same league as the Hiddink's & the Ancelotti's

Good, keep him, we don't want him! :P

We need a manager recognised accross the world, no offence to McLeish, but Rafa joined on the back of a double with Valencia, I mean that's practically impossible. Which is why we need a manager who has experience like his, Hughes as never really done anything spectacular and neither has McLeish they are better of at mid table Prem clubs..

I never said they were in the same league as Hiddink or Ancellotti

but if you haven't noticed... neither are you at the moment!

iv always liked liverpool, and me more than most non-liverpool fans wanted you to steal the title last year to stop united winning it over and over again! Like this year Chelsea all the way XD

I understand that you consider yourselves a massive club and should be fighting for the league again like you were last year, i can see a big backlash next year with new ownership and a top class manager

just quote another manager please ;)

im really proud of what Big Ecks done for us and will defend him to the ends of the earth :P

Most of the money spent by Rafa was which he got from selling the players.

He was never given a handfull to spend. He sold players to buy better ones. (Or whch he thought are better ones)

Like he raise money for torres by selling Bellamy

Scott why are you taking so much interest in Liverpool?

Cos he's a United supporter, there obsessed with scousers.

I heard a sly you'll never walk alone parody in their last match. Doesn't surprise me really though, as they sing about scousers all match. They tend to also chant Rooney... rooney...

why would them type of clubs go to a uefa cup side
Don't you mean the Europa League. GAWWWWD
And @ the other poster, that's true Mancs spend more time talking & chanting of Liverpool than their own team

Don't you mean the Europa League. GAWWWWD
And @ the other poster, that's true Mancs spend more time talking & chanting of Liverpool than their own team
works both ways mate. united and liverpool fans both spent time talking **** at/ about each other, dont act like anyone side is better than the other

Cos he's a United supporter, there obsessed with scousers.

I heard a sly you'll never walk alone parody in their last match. Doesn't surprise me really though, as they sing about scousers all match. They tend to also chant Rooney... rooney...

You mean a **** take of your never walk alone. And it was for all of 30 secs, Do you watch matches, or make stuff up.

Why Chant Rooney? Because he is our best player you lemon. It is like saying your obsessed with spanards because you sing to Torres.

ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back