Benitez ready to walk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about Flukes. Really? Man Utd....
Also, any other season where we finsished on 84P would of won us the league pretty much. Awfully unlucky.

yeah liverpool the team who last season scored more last minute goals then they had players, You where 3-0 down, in any other situation in was game over, 1 in a million for you to win that game. So yes a fluke, Benitez has not done enough in his time at liverpool, apart from find excuses for his own **** ups.

yeah liverpool the team who last season scored more last minute goals then they had players, You where 3-0 down, in any other situation in was game over, 1 in a million for you to win that game. So yes a fluke, Benitez has not done enough in his time at liverpool, apart from find excuses for his own **** ups.
So it was luck that we scored three goals? All three were lucky?
Also, late goals are the sign of a good team. And,seriously, you talknig about luck? One of your top scorers is OG... and you score a lot of late goals too.

Sorry i thought you won the Fa cup under Houllier and the Uefa cup. and finished 4th in his last season in charge.

Sorry You Fluked( and make ni mistkae about it) the champs league, Relied on a certain Gerrard moment to win the FA cup, and your saying we love you rafa. Get a grip. 2nd in the league once in 6 years, is awful,, Last season was the closest you have got to winning the league and you still couldnt do it then.

Come on fella, you can't call beating Juventus, Chelsea, and AC Milan a fluke. And you can't say that our road to the FA Cup Final was a fluke, especially the win over Chelsea at the semi-finals at old trafford. And Houllier done the treble with us 4 years before he got sacked for winning **** all. Keep up lad!

Just to add, if it wasn't for a certain Ronaldo taking you out the **** then the league would've been ours last season.

if you can't think of a decent counter argument - then don't just say "oh but man utd did this..." it makes you look like a ****** and will result in the thread being closed if it continues

So it was luck that we scored three goals? All three were lucky?
Also, late goals are the sign of a good team. And,seriously, you talknig about luck? One of your top scorers is OG... and you score a lot of late goals too.

So your saying there was no luck invloved in the champs league win? I bet my house on. if milan had a 3-0 lead again st HT against liverpool, they would see it out, actually we could do that 10 times and each time milan would win,

Still it remains, Rafa hasnt done enough in his time at liverpool. If i was a liverpool supporter i would be packing his bags.

So your saying there was no luck invloved in the champs league win? I bet my house on. if milan had a 3-0 lead again st HT against liverpool, they would see it out, actually we could do that 10 times and each time milan would win,

Still it remains, Rafa hasnt done enough in his time at liverpool. If i was a liverpool supporter i would be packing his bags.
I'm not saying there was no luck in it, you need luck to win matches, i'm just saying it wasn't all luck

Come on fella, you can't call beating Juventus, Chelsea, and AC Milan a fluke. And you can't say that our road to the FA Cup Final was a fluke, especially the win over Chelsea at the semi-finals at old trafford. And Houllier done the treble with us 4 years before he got sacked for winning **** all. Keep up lad!

Just to add, if it wasn't for a certain Ronaldo taking you out the **** then the league would've been ours last season.

Please. You still won the same amount under Houllier then you have rafa. I was refering to the final with the words fluke. You where 3-0 down, No way could you do that again.,

"If it wasnt for a certain ronaldo"

I guess tevez, rooney, Berbatov, Giggs, Fletcher, Carrick all dont count as players do they, last season we had possibly 3 of the current worlds top 5 attackers playing for us. So a one man team i think not.

Please. You still won the same amount under Houllier then you have rafa. I was refering to the final with the words fluke. You where 3-0 down, No way could you do that again.,

"If it wasnt for a certain ronaldo"

I guess tevez, rooney, Berbatov, Giggs, Fletcher, Carrick all dont count as players do they, last season we had possibly 3 of the current worlds top 5 attackers playing for us. So a one man team i think not.
tevez, rooney, Berbatov, Giggs, Fletcher, Carrick
Rooney yeah, Tevez no, Berbatov No, Giggs Maybe, Fletcher No, Carrick No :D;):P

No, Ronaldo came on multiple times and won you the game. Macheda did his bit as well.

Houller
1 x UEFA Cup
1 x FA Cup
2 x Worthless Cup

Benitez
1 x Champions League
1 x FA Cup

The worthless cup means nothing to me, and I'd rather have the Champs League and FA Cup then the UEFA and FA. Benitez has also done our best run in the premier league ever.

Nope :p, he had a good season yeah. But the 'attacking' bit...

When i said 3 of the worlds top 5 attackiong players, i was refering to Tevez, ronaldo and rooney,
Fletcher was simply just a good player i was listing to name how we wherent a one man team.

No, Ronaldo came on multiple times and won you the game. Macheda did his bit as well.

Houller
1 x UEFA Cup
1 x FA Cup
2 x Worthless Cup

Benitez
1 x Champions League
1 x FA Cup

The worthless cup means nothing to me, and I'd rather have the Champs League and FA Cup then the UEFA and FA. Benitez has also done our best run in the premier league ever.

So is that 4 trophies to 2. I not too sure how you work but in Maths.

4>2 Fact that one.

Ronaldo came on a scored, but the others where good aswell. I would like to see Hull city hav ronaldo and see who still finishes HIgher utd or Hull.

Yeah but different values apply to different cups. And if your wondering I got a B and GCSE, not that would have anything to do with the value of trophies. I'd rather have One European Cup then 2 Carlin Cups. Simple kidder.

Yeah but different values apply to different cups. And if your wondering I got a B and GCSE, not that would have anything to do with the value of trophies. I'd rather have One European Cup then 2 Carlin Cups. Simple kidder.

You had a european cup, it called the uefa cup, until last thursday, it was all talk rafa taking us to his 3rd european final, another european final. So dont even disregard that.

I'm talking about the european cup mate. You know what one I'm on about. ;)

United shouldn't be criticized for having a player like that at their disposal. They paid 12M and reaped the benefits. Bargain if you ask me. But I have to say Liverpools Champions League final wasn't a fluke they had luck on their side but every team needs that.

the idea of the "trading up" is noble, but chaotic, since you can end up all too often on the losing end. unless you are arsene wenger, more of then not you will get it wrong. by and large when look for the bargain type players you're are more likely to get wrong, sometimes it must be approached with the "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" mentality. for me the barry/alonso saga stands to mind. Maybe more faith im the players. he approached it in an almost helter skelter way, when makye a key one siging here/thre apparach could have helped

You've really confused me with this. You demonstrate some understanding and you're clearly not a plank so why can't you see the bigger picture?

Of course these cheap players are more likely to fail, but they are the players we have to sign because we simply don't have the funds for the top quality players. Instead of Simao we get Pennant, instead of Alves we get Josemi etc. You understand this yet you still criticise him?

Not sure if this is what you're trying to say or not but if you're referring to buying one expensive player instead of 2-3 cheaper players then we've not been in a position really to do this either. When you're needing to build a squad, you can't throw away your entire budget on a luxury signing who may or may not work out.

he was almost too quick to get rid of failing player, only to then enter the market for another 7-10 million signing where you dont quite know when its gonna pay off. His failure to hang on to certain players has hurt them. Im not sure he could have dont much more to hold on to crouch, but to allow arbeloa to go, was a little foolhardy. and the way he dealt with keane was a little ridiculous, ok he was a player he didnt particularly want, but if funs are that limited you have to work harder with what you have got, and i dont feel he worked hard enough to make it work with keane. And things like falling out with his assistant paco ayesterian (sorry if ive spelt that wrong.) and other needless distractions, havent helped him, when you're failing in certain, you dont draw attention to yourself, and place yourself under more scrutiny.

I think it was Arbeloa who had just had a child and his wife was wanting to go back to Spain to raise it, I could be talking ***** here though. Just a shame he only had the year on his contract too, otherwise we would of probably got a lot more for him.

I don't understand a lot of the criticism Rafa gets for the whole Keane fiasco. Whether or not he was a player who Rafa wanted is irrelevent for me. Keane had enough games to show what he could do and he was absolutely terrible. It's not even funny how bad he was. He came to Liverpool as a pretty good player, so nobody would of expected him to be quite that bad. All credit to Rafa and the board for finding someone stupid enough to buy him back for almost what he paid for him in the first place.

What are the distractions?

So is that 4 trophies to 2. I not too sure how you work but in Maths.

4>2 Fact that one.

Stop being so blind and take a closer look. The trophy count doesn't indicate who is a better manager etc..

Under Rafa we have been in the Champions League every season (apart from next season of course), when Houllier was managing us this was seen as a luxury and now because of Rafa people just expect it.

I'm talking about the european cup mate. You know what one I'm on about. ;)

the rafa has not been able to make you compete in next season right?

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

Stop being so blind and take a closer look. The trophy count doesn't indicate who is a better manager etc..

Under Rafa we have been in the Champions League every season (apart from next season of course), when Houllier was managing us this was seen as a luxury and now because of Rafa people just expect it.

Houllier waqs sacked for finishing 4th, so it must of been an expectation rather then a luxury.

Scott why are you taking so much interest in Liverpool? United aren't exactly going anywhere.. Maybe you should focus on your own team. Another trophyless season for you..

I hate it when threads turn into United v Liverpool, it's pathetic.

Liverpool under Houllier:
6th
5th
3rd
2nd
5th
4th

Liverpool under Benitez:
5th
3rd
4th
2nd

Under Houllier Liverpool qualified for 3/6 Champions Leagues. Under Benitez 3/4, and the season we finished 5th we won it, so effectively, each season we have qualified for the Champions League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back