princekea014

Reaction score
Hie i'm in first season as arsenal and i'm currently 1st with 11 games played winning all 11 games so far but my 1 st choice defensive pairing is Chiellini and Vermaelen, Chiellini has been awesome so far but i think it's an awkward partnership as they are both left footers so i need a perfect partner for chiellini but who are the best defenders on Fm11? Coz i when i scout the usual top names they tell me he's going be the 3rd or 4th best defender??

I don't want a wonder kid i need the finished product at the moment and Squillaci & Kos are not up to my standards and I also have Mexes but I'm not fully confident in his abilities so i need a world class center back, with off the charts jumping tackling, heading, work rate, teamwork, stamina, strength, a bit of pace and acceleration? Money is not an issue.. I need the best!

Thanx

I think Chiellini and Vermalaen is fantastic partnership, if you REALLY want another Cb. Kjaeris young and great. Pricey but you said you don't care.

Pique? bit expensive though, Cheillini probably is the best defender on the game so congrats with that. Depends if your looking for the future or just the next few years.

Err just imagine Cheillini Pique would be so solid best two cbs in the game for the future too!

I think Chiellini and Vermalaen is fantastic partnership, if you REALLY want another Cb. Kjaeris young and great. Pricey but you said you don't care.

Yea it's a great partnership but it seems Vermaelen struggles a bit i play him on the right and Chiellini usually out performs him but we've only conceded 7 goals in 12 games scoring 42 goals, thanx i'll have a look at Kjaer!

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Pique? bit expensive though, Cheillini probably is the best defender on the game so congrats with that. Depends if your looking for the future or just the next few years.

Err just imagine Cheillini Pique would be so solid best two cbs in the game for the future too!

Haha yea Pique and Chiellini WOW! I'm just really eager to win the treble in my first season and to win the champs league you need a solid defense, so perhaps for now i'm looking the next few years..

Pique and Zapata doing it for me. Conceded just 10 goals in the league all season. Only conceded after new year.

Chiellini is just immense, have rarely seen him play IRL.

Pique and Zapata doing it for me. Conceded just 10 goals in the league all season. Only conceded after new year.

Chiellini is just immense, have rarely seen him play IRL.

Yea I initially wanted Zapata he's got good attributes but my scout gave him a star and a half bcoz of he's low probability of gaining a work permit.. how many stars does he have on your save?

Don't trust the star system for established players, they should be used for younger players.

He's got 3 stars with little difference between him and Pique.

These are all great options but quite pricey in my opinion. A couple of great cheap buys are Adil Rami and Miranda (Sao Paulo)...**** even Ryan Shawcross.

Andrea Ranocchia. Since Vermaelen lacks a bit in the air he would be an ideal partnership with Chiellini

verkhovtsov is unreal and really cheap, has been my 1st signing in every game in fm 2010 and 2011

You've all forgot the main man Sakho!
Been the best young CB since 08!

for my arsenal save brought Mexes from Roma for £6.2m and been great also Cahill from Bolton for £6m who also has been very good . Been looking at Scott Dann from Birmingham looks look very good and he is young and English, two qualities I first look for

cant believe no one's mentioned subotic. he's class in the air, and in my game he had a min fee release clause of 6 million (might be just in mine). also thiago silva, both have only concede 8 goals in 20 games in series A. but ye chiellini is probably the best. barca bought him for 60 million in my game when he was 29/30

subotic was ace on fm10, looks a bit slow on fm11 but i've not tried him yet.what about federico fazio, he was listed for £2m (value about £5.5m) end of 1st season but sporting lisbon beat me to him, he was top on fm10 too.

Geromel, David Luiz, Mario Fernandes, Rafael Toloi, Guilermo Burdisso, Fabricio, Mats Hummels, Benedikt Howedes, Per Mertesacker

Im Chelsea at the moment. Ivanovic is easily my best CB.