Best manager ever?

For me its got to be Matt Busby as he made United without the money that is there now.
his "Busby Babes" were second to none and if it hadn't been for Munich who knows what heights they wold have reached. All British players by the way.

I think Lee was joking with Souness boys.

If we win tomorrow night, then I will say Ferguson. Happy birthday to Sir Matt also, lets do him proud tomorrow.

u support arsenal & spurs?:S

We have had this many times. I think it's something like he supports Arsenal but coaches with Spurs.

I would go for Ferguson but I think you should consider Jock Stein. He won the European Cup with Celtic in '67 with all players being born in something like a 30 mile radius of Celtic Park. No mean feat considering the Inter Milan side they beat 2-1. I think it was him who got them to the other European Cup final when they lost to Feyernoord. ( I think )Guided Scotland to the World Cup the night he died in a play-off against Wales when he had a heart attack. You may think I'm biased as I support Celtic but he has still done very well.

Last edited:
Fair point about Stien. First British boss to win the European Cup.

Zagallo, Paisley, Busby, Capello, Shanks!.

I'd add Fergie but he has no honour :D lol

Paisley. 6 titles. 1 UEFA cup. 3 European Cups. 9 glorious years.

"The secret is that our Liverpool team never know when to stop running and working. At Anfield we have always believed in players supporting each other and concentrating on not giving the ball away. You can't go charging forward all the time, *****-nilly. You must have patience, and this is where we can play the Continentals at their own game."

Arrigo Sacchi should probably get a mention.

alex ferguson, marcello lippi, alf ramsey or jose mourinho
and bob paisley

i know you all think the fergie chooser are biased, but seriously think about it, he is the grestest ever manager, we all now it, it just anti man utd fans will disagree, but there you go
Noooooooooo he isn't,Brian Clough is.Brian Clough won the Champions League twice with Nottingham Forest!

Noooooooooo he isn't,Brian Clough is.Brian Clough won the Champions League twice with Nottingham Forest!

wow how did i forget about clough?

cillian is right, clough was a better manager than fergie.

Clough. He won back to back Champ league titles with a middle market team in an era when you had to actually WIN your national league to get there (not come 5th).

He almost did it with Derby aswell, and with neither teams did he ever have super star players.