Best manager ever?

Brian Clough? Fabio Capello doesn't get my vote for the mess he's made in the England set-up and the fact that he was probably expected to win the league with every club he has managed.. considering their stature: Madrid, Juve, Milan

If you're using that logic you can't use Clough for the mess he made of Leeds.

No way to decide. Clough was a genius with a provincial side - the others listed are at or were at big clubs. Would like to see them cope on a shoestring (relatively speaking).

could alex ferguson take derby to win the premier league next season if he took over now and clough took over in a far worse position and then take forest from the bottom of the first division and win 2 european cups and yes i know he had my great uncle peter taylor to help him out :)

I don't understand why Jock Stein gets overlooked all the time. He was a great manager!

Mourinho or Clough, depending on the situation at the club.

Bill Shankly, Alex Ferguson, Bob Paisley or Alf Ramsey. Mourinho will eventually become the best ever.

Sorry guys, I will be now an idiot, but I don't know who is Clough?

The mighty Jimmy Sirrel.

People will say I'm biased, but the fact is that he took Notts County from the lowest football league in England to the highest.

I'd like to see Mourinho try and do that.

He's not English, cut him some slack.

Brian Clough was manager of Notts Forest during their most successful period, winning the League Championship in 1978 and the European Cup in 1979 and 1980 :)

He's not English, cut him some slack.

Brian Clough was manager of Notts Forest during their most successful period, winning the League Championship in 1978 and the European Cup in 1979 and 1980 :)

Thanks man, I now for this success of Notthingham Forest, but I didn't knew that he was a manager of them :)