Best Player in The Premiership?

• Thread starter Thread starter Frank
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 108
  • Views Views 5K
Bale has been sensational for about 6 months, Malouda has been sensational for over a year now. Just to settle that.

its because its just form, he hasnt done it over a long period of time, he only hit his level in feb, so thats 4 months of playing time, lets see what he does over this season

How has he not done it over a long period of time?

It's not as if hes had a good two week spell?

Hes been on Top Form ever since the beginning of January.

Thats a Good 6 months of Football. How is playing Extremely well for 6 months not a prolonged length of time. :S

How has he not done it over a long period of time?

It's not as if hes had a good two week spell?

Hes been on Top Form ever since the beginning of January.

Thats a Good 6 months of Football. How is playing Extremely well for 6 months not a prolonged length of time. :S
no hes been good since the end of feb, so how can be he up there if he hasnt even done it over a season? consistency is over more than a season mate, thats what separates the good from the great, the clichys from the coles and evra's etc

no hes been good since the end of feb, so how can be he up there if he hasnt even done it over a season? consistency is over more than a season mate, thats what separates the good from the great, the clichys from the coles and evra's etc

Ermmm I think I know how Spurs players are playing more then you mate, I watch them week in week out. Bale came into the side in the very beggining of Jan when Ekotto was injured. He was incredible straight from the off.

6 months of being sensational is Consistency in my book...

Ermmm I think I know how Spurs players are playing more then you mate, I watch them week in week out. Bale came into the side in the very beggining of Jan when Ekotto was injured. He was incredible straight from the off.

Just because you support spurs doesn't give you a more worthy opinion on all things Tottenham, you know.

6 months of extremely good form is not consistency, no way. Didier Drogba being a top-class forward for years is consistency.

well its not by most others mate. no he was good from the off, not great mate. he hit full flow about end february bale isnt up there with best yet, hes in a great purple patch of form, but he hasnt done it long enough to be up there with best, and i daresay most other people will agree.

also to add, de jong, he is a top class DM, breaks up play, short sharp accurate passing.

Most inform left sided player in the prem at this very moment hands down consistent threat week in week out!

well its not by most others mate. no he was good from the off, not great mate. he hit full flow about end february bale isnt up there with best yet, hes in a great purple patch of form, but he hasnt done it long enough to be up there with best, and i daresay most other people will agree.

also to add, de jong, he is a top class DM, breaks up play, short sharp accurate passing.

Your right, you've clearly watched All of Spurs games and therefore know far more then me.

Your right, you've clearly watched All of Spurs games and therefore know far more then me.

I've watched lots of Aston Villa games. I therefore say that Ashley Young is the best winger of all time. I must be right, I watched the matches.

:S

in fairness the same could be said to you. And i think more people would agree that Malouda has been sensational for over a year now litaraly untouchable. Im not nocking Bale because like you said he has been amazing since January and will get better but at the moment Malouda has been more consistant than Bale.

where i have said that? grow up a bit

goalkeeper, tough one for me, VDS, cech, Hart, all been great

Goalkeepers... well, you could make a case for Hart, and I'd be tempted to, but truthfully I'd probably go for either Pepe Reina or VDS. Also, possible case to be made for big Brad Friedel: you want consistency, he's your man.

theres all the obvious choices for best player, but im gona have to go with sumone who :- merits it on current form (because if this guy doesnt play his team dont win), arguably the best in his position IN THE LEAGUE and creates new fans it seems every time he steps onto the pitch

DARREN FLETCHER

EDIT : may look like favourtism but i don't see how you can argue against it at this moment in time IMO. the only second would be essien

where i have said that? grow up a bit

goalkeeper, tough one for me, VDS, cech, Hart, all been great

Well you keep saying that Bale hit form late Febuary when he really didn't. Twas in January.

GK - Reina or Cech

Defenders - Vidic or Terry

midfielder - Gerrard, Ginger or Fabregas

Strikers - Drogba or Rooney

theres all the obvious choices for best player, but im gona have to go with sumone who :- merits it on current form (because if this guy doesnt play his team dont win), arguably the best in his position IN THE LEAGUE and creates new fans it seems every time he steps onto the pitch

DARREN FLETCHER

EDIT : may look like favourtism but i don't see how you can argue against it at this moment in time IMO. the only second would be essien
lol, much as i love fletcher, essien beats him. the man is a beast, but darren isnt far behind (as an aside have replicated his role perfectly in FM too)

CJ he came and made a good start in jan, but was really doing the damage from late feb, by then he wasnt getting caught out on the left when not in possession and his defensive tracking back was matching his attacking prowess,

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

GK - Reina or Cech

Defenders - Vidic or Terry

midfielder - Gerrard, Ginger or Fabregas

Strikers - Drogba or Rooney
cant believe i forgot pepe. best keeper not to be his countries number 1. he would make it his own were he any other nationality

Id rather have my nan down the left wing than Bale, but I may be biased :S
Best player in the Prem would probably be between Drogba, Fabregas and essien.
Giggs, Scholes and Given deserve mentions for their many years of service at the highest level.

lol, much as i love fletcher, essien beats him. the man is a beast, but darren isnt far behind (as an aside have replicated his role perfectly in FM too)

granted essien is a beast, but can u really say chelsea cnt win if essien doesnt play? theyve just won the league without him so obviously they can.

united however, how many big games has he not played and utd won? i cnt think of any tbh

Back