Best Player in The Premiership?

• Thread starter Thread starter Frank
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 108
  • Views Views 5K
granted essien is a beast, but can u really say chelsea cnt win if essien doesnt play? theyve just won the league without him so obviously they can.

united however, how many big games has he not played and utd won? i cnt think of any tbh
essien gives them that edge. if he had been fit for the champions league chelsea probably would have won it. he is the extra difference against the very best every time

I think Right back is a hard decision. Personally I would go for Sagna as he is equally brilliant in defending and attaking

best gk Pepe Renia
best rb Bacary Sagna
best cb JT
best cb Vidic
best lb A. Cole
best rm Flo Malouda
best lm Ashley Young
best cm Cesc Fabregas
best cm Mick Essein
best cf Didier Drogba
best cf Fernando Torres/Wayne Rooney

Last edited:
GK: Reina
RB: Sagna
LB: A.Cole
CB: Vidic
CB: Terry
CM: Fabregas
CM: Essien
CM: Gerrard
ST: Torres
ST: Drogba
SS: Malouda

Bit of a big-four lockout with everyone's best teams in the Prem. I'd have either Modric or Ash Young as the best left-winger in the Prem, and Tim Cahill at least somewhere near the second striker slot. All three are proven, consistent Premiership performers.

Bit of a big-four lockout with everyone's best teams in the Prem. I'd have either Modric or Ash Young as the best left-winger in the Prem, and Tim Cahill at least somewhere near the second striker slot. All three are proven, consistent Premiership performers.

Yeh but thats why they tend to be the best teams mate lol, yeh i agree, modric is a fantastic player and cahill is a great influence. Ashley young has great ability as well

Proven consistent performers doesn't make them the best in the premier league, not sure why people are posting teams when the thread is only asking for the best player.

Got to agree with most, Cesc Fabregas.

1. Rooney
2. Drogba
3. Essien
4. Fabregas
5. Lampard

There is a reason why we are the best team in England.

Proven consistent performers doesn't make them the best in the premier league, not sure why people are posting teams when the thread is only asking for the best player.

Probably because you can't really compare two players like Vidic and Torres and say conclusively which one is better. Each is fantastic at what they do, so I guess this thread would always turn into a "Best team in the Prem" kind of jobby really.

Didier Drogba, Michael Essien, Cesc Fabregas.

That order.

before i put my two cents worth in is this based on current form or overall the best player currently in the league?

Hart
G.Johnson R.Johnson J.Terry A.Cole
B.Ferguson
A.Johnson G.Bale
T.Cahill C.Fabregas
Drogba

All Players who work hard for their team.

Seems like this thread is turning into one of the existing "Best XI" ones.

Drogba by far the best performer week in week out for years . big match winner in league and cup finals. striker

Fabergas midfield.

Vidic defender.

I though i would have my say. personally i think the best player in the league is Vidic, People will always pick out striker or midfielders, due to goals. but i think Vidic does as much and is important to utd, as much as any other player in world football is to there respected clubs, SO if a player is that important to such a big and successful club, He must be the best, thats my theory

I though i would have my say. personally i think the best player in the league is Vidic, People will always pick out striker or midfielders, due to goals. but i think Vidic does as much and is important to utd, as much as any other player in world football is to there respected clubs, SO if a player is that important to such a big and successful club, He must be the best, thats my theory

i agree with this tbh especially with the thing about mostly either strikers or midfielders are pciked. defenders dont usually get the credit they deserve and at the end of matches its usually a midfielder or striker getting all the praise.

plus vidic is the best defender in the premier league imo

Didier Drogba-One of those few gifted strikers with both muscular brutality and Lethal Finishing, an awesome player who scores goals week in and week out

didier-drogba.jpg

Cesc Fabregas-An inspirational player who can pass,shoot and what not,I really do worry for Arsenal if he leaves them as he is by far their best Centre Midfielder and their best player

cesc-fabregas.jpg

Wayne Rooney-An absolute workhorse who showed his true ability last season,one of those players who always strives to improve an absolute Beast

Michael Essien-A dynamic player who can dominate the Midfield,extremely hard-working on the field and I think was one of Chelsea's best buys hopefully he will remain with us for the forseeable future

Andrey Arshavin-A player I absolutely admire,his dribbling and shooting skills are out of this world and whenever he gest the ball I feel a thrill inside my body as I know he will do something with it,the Russian Messi

aa3.jpg

John Terry-A leader on the pitch and all I will say is that I shudder to think where our Defence will be without him

john-terry1.jpg

Pepe Reina-Suprised he has not been mentioned as he seeems to carry Liverpool on his own at times, a fantastic goalkeeper and I can think of a few occasions where he has save the match single-handedly for Liverpool

reinaDM_468x518.jpg

Back